Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I think Romney scored some very good points, he looked very involved and passionate.  Obama spent to much time looking down, seemed bored and not to passionate in his replies.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Replies (51-60):
Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Judgemental and rude response.

wink

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

He was with Romney. I'd be bored also.

Lame and ignorant response.

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Lol, I don't get it...

With light and love

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh well

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Lol, I don't get it...

Lacey14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Won not one. If you believe that.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Romney one..hands down.

woohoowoohoowoohoowoohoowoohoowoohoo

woohoowoohoowoohoowoohoowoohoo

Have a little cheese with that WHINE..on me..already corrected it.. I WAS so excited about the debate..

A glass of wine sounds great! wink minitypical the Dems will whine!

Well, what could anyone expect from someone who admits just being "eyecandy'..LOL

Hey, if we are going to turn this into a celebration toast, I'd like a glass please.  Anyone else want to toast the Romney win?

JonJon
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Be more specific and I'll tell you if that to which you refer was much of a reach.

Quoting broncfan:

Reach......much?

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Excited over the most dull debate ever. Lame

Agree; it was very dull.  Disappointing.  But hey, they were talking economy which bored me in school, too.  Let's hope foreign and domestic policy questions posed by Undecideds selected by Gallup with result in a more rousing debate.

The great difference between Obama and Romney that no one's mentioned is that Romney has little else to think about but campaigning while the President still has the weight of the world on his shoulders.  I also doubt Romney has received as many death threats as the President has received.  I sometimes wonder if the President becomes aware of a threat just before going on stage during the campaign, probably more to unnerve him than actual threats but disconcerting and distracting all the same.  Such concerns may lead to the President's flat performance.  He also has to be careful how he speaks because all the people saying he wasn't aggressive enough would be sayinghe was too aggessive and arrogant if he'd done as Romney did.  It's better to err on the "too passive" side than the "over-aggressive" side.

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Quoting gsprofval:

The fact checkers say that obama is the one who lied--just like he's done for the last 4 years.

So what if Romney talked. obama's had 4 years to talk and has done nothing but lie to us.

Quoting DixieL:

I agree. Romney didn't shut his mouth for a second. The narrator let Romney talk as much as he wanted. Everytime the President spoke, the narrator shut him up, even before his time was up. Everytime Romney opened his mouth, he was either lying or putting his foot in it.

The fact checkers said that the President was wrong 23% and Romney lied 48% of the time.

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:25 AM

I'm so excited about Romney's presentation at the debate. Now we must simply expect the Obama campaign and camp to hit back hard outside the debates.

Be ready.

:)

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jcrew6:

The president seemed like he needed the narrator to feed him the answers. Obama got lost in his own words. He couldn't function with solid, independent, and factual statements.

Quoting DixieL:

The president won. Romney wouldn't shut up and the narrator let him talk as much as he wanted. Everytime the President spoke, the narrator, wouldn't even give him the time he was supposed to get. Also, everytime Romney opened his mouth, as usual he either lied or stuck his foot in it.

The narrator wouldn't even let the President speak. He didn't give him, his two minutes. Romney got all the time he wanted and he lied through his teeth. Romney spoke first, second, then first and second. He always got the first word, and then the last word. As soon as the debate was over, all the news people could talk about was how bad the narrator was.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

He killed it!!

He had O'Bummer stummblin, bubblin and rummblin, there was even a "squirrel" moment when there came a noise from behind the curtain, and Obama, jerked his neck around to see what it was, and Romney just kept focused and kept talking and didn't miss a beat.

When Obama was talking he would look at him, when Romney was talking O would look at the moderator or the opposite of Romney's direction, as if to say..."What you have to say is not as important as what I'm going to say next".

Romney is a missile of truth and knows what we want as Americans, less government and more laws made a the state and local levels. He did it for Massachusetts, he can do it for the rest of us!  He really does care, and he's wanting us to give him a chance to prove it.  

Quoting tnmomofive:

I was working too.Did not see the debate but ive read tons of positive comments on Romney.

Sounds like he did exceptional.If he wins the presidency I hope he does as good of a job leading our country.I am not surprised at Obama snubbing Romney as he spoke seems pretty typical of Obama.Nah thats not rude at all :eye roll:

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Don't challengers usually win the first debate? 

I thought the whole thing was awful. Honestly the biggest train wreck of a debate I've seen since I started watching presidential debates twenty years ago.

Obama was no Kennedy and Romney couldn't hold a candle to Nixon. I can't believe that pundits were actually trying to draw a comparison to the two before the debate started.

Yay. Romney "won" a bad debate. I honestly stopped watching after an hour because it was so  redundant and boring.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)