Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I think Romney scored some very good points, he looked very involved and passionate.  Obama spent to much time looking down, seemed bored and not to passionate in his replies.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Replies (61-70):
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I guess it was boring.Sounds like Obama didn't defend himself or anything.Sounds like Romney knew he better take the agressive route or be treated like a doormat...if so he was smart.Look at the past the pubs play nice and get walked all over..its time for change lol.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:23 AM

An aggressive tone is change? The Republicans don't play nice nor do the Democrats. Please don't let your partisanship hide that fact.

Quoting tnmomofive:

I guess it was boring.Sounds like Obama didn't defend himself or anything.Sounds like Romney knew he better take the agressive route or be treated like a doormat...if so he was smart.Look at the past the pubs play nice and get walked all over..its time for change lol.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM

LBJ refused to run again.

Quoting Lacey14:

It may be just me, but I'm not even sure if Obama is passionate about winning the election.  I haven't heard any promises from him, or excitement about what he will bring to the office for the next four years.  He almost looks tired and ready to pass the wand.  But of course, I don't know of any president that has stepped down after the first four.  It just seems to me, that he accomplished what he wanted to do, and has nothing else to offer.

Quoting jcrew6:

Romney was willing to discuss the next four years. Obama admitted he will do what he has done the last four years. Where has that gotten this nation?

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:28 AM

We really don't need you to tell us the obvious.

Quoting JonJon:

Be more specific and I'll tell you if that to which you refer was much of a reach.

Quoting broncfan:

Reach......much?

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Excited over the most dull debate ever. Lame

Agree; it was very dull.  Disappointing.  But hey, they were talking economy which bored me in school, too.  Let's hope foreign and domestic policy questions posed by Undecideds selected by Gallup with result in a more rousing debate.

The great difference between Obama and Romney that no one's mentioned is that Romney has little else to think about but campaigning while the President still has the weight of the world on his shoulders.  I also doubt Romney has received as many death threats as the President has received.  I sometimes wonder if the President becomes aware of a threat just before going on stage during the campaign, probably more to unnerve him than actual threats but disconcerting and distracting all the same.  Such concerns may lead to the President's flat performance.  He also has to be careful how he speaks because all the people saying he wasn't aggressive enough would be sayinghe was too aggessive and arrogant if he'd done as Romney did.  It's better to err on the "too passive" side than the "over-aggressive" side.

sweetboys4me
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Excited over the most dull debate ever. Lame

Agree; it was very dull.  Disappointing.  But hey, they were talking economy which bored me in school, too.  Let's hope foreign and domestic policy questions posed by Undecideds selected by Gallup with result in a more rousing debate.

The great difference between Obama and Romney that no one's mentioned is that Romney has little else to think about but campaigning while the President still has the weight of the world on his shoulders.  I also doubt Romney has received as many death threats as the President has received.  I sometimes wonder if the President becomes aware of a threat just before going on stage during the campaign, probably more to unnerve him than actual intent to kill him but disconcerting and distracting all the same. 

Such concerns may lead to the President's flat performances.  He also has to be careful how he speaks because all the people saying he wasn't aggressive enough would be saying he was too aggessive and arrogant if he'd done as Romney did.  It's better to err on the "too passive" side than the "rudely aggressive" side.

what? when has he not been campaigning.  Not only that, but saying it's official presidential business.  BS  on that.  Campaigning is all Obama knows how to do.  I sincerely hope he enjoys his retirement.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

An aggressive tone is change? The Republicans don't play nice nor do the Democrats. Please don't let your partisanship hide that fact.

Quoting tnmomofive:

Well i've seen them be too laid back so to speak.Then get trampled over,And no doubt in my mind if Romney had of taken that route it would be dems boasting like crazy today.The dems on here were boasting months ago saying Obama would clean the floor with Romney.So.Now what are they saying? Oh I like my president to be this way anyway...LOL umm yeah sure.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I felt Romney won the debate. I was however disturbed by his anything Obama mentioned, he would do too, but only better. It just seems he couldn't say exactly how he would do it, but hey just trust him. I don't think Romney knows how govt works, and that he is not sure how he would do any of it, which is why he isn't saying.   

AGals
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:58 AM
He's a snake, you could see right through him. And if you couldn't, you must have been blind folded. He completely switched up his words. He's a liar...end of discussion.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Romney WON..hands down.

woohoowoohoowoohoowoohoowoohoo

woohoowoohoowoohoowoohoowoohoo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Quoting rccmom:

I felt Romney won the debate. I was however disturbed by his anything Obama mentioned, he would do too, but only better. It just seems he couldn't say exactly how he would do it, but hey just trust him. I don't think Romney knows how govt works, and that he is not sure how he would do any of it, which is why he isn't saying.   

Much more reasonable comment than the rest.I disagree that Romney does not know how Government works though.He has experiance and moreso than Obama ever had.He has lived it.I do somewhat agree that Romney needs to explain his plans in more detail.I agree that he has been more or less wanting folks to just trust that he will do things.We see where that got us with Obama.

notonepercenter
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

In my opinion, neither "won" anything.  My President still has my support along with the majority of this country - the middle class working families.  Romney continued to talk out both sides of his mouth, flipped his positions and claimed the President's policies as his own.  I listened attentively for the entire debate, and immediately turned off the TV, so I wouldn't hear the media puppets try to regurgitate the facts with their biased spin.  I truly wished to hear something from Romney that would convince me that if he did get elected, he would have my family's best interest at heart.  He gave me nothing to believe in, nothing solid, nothing convincing.  His "plan" is vague.  Still no specifics!  Wait and see I guess!   His presentation and performance may have appeared to the Romney followers to be some sign that he does have a personality.  So what?  Obama's debate may have appeared to be somewhat flat in contrast to Romney's.  But, like others have pointed out, the President has bigger fish to fry right now.  The weight of the world sits squarely upon his shoulders.  Others on here want to criticize Obama for looking down, taking notes, being thoughtful.  Unlike Romney, Obama is cool.  He thinks before he speaks.  He carefully considers the consequences of his speech, the audience he addresses, the impact it could possibly have not only in our country, but the entire world.  Topics that should have been addressed - foreign policy, current military involvement and plans to bring those to an end, and of course the 47% comments.  I truly believe that's why the Romney Zombies are celebrating so much this morning, that their candidate walked out of that debate unscathed without having to address the uncomfortable or excuse me, in-eloquent comments he made to his TRUE $upporter$!  I've seen a lot of wine pouring here this morning, makes me wonder if it's just more of the same kool-aid Republicans have so eagerly gathered at the trough to drink????       

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)