Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hum...was Obama rattled because....

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 33 Replies
4 moms liked this

President Obama's reelection campaign, rattled by his Wednesday night debate performance, could be in for even worse news. According to knowledgeablesources, a national magazine and a national web site are preparing a blockbuster donor scandal story.

Sources told Secrets that the Obama campaign has been trying to block the story. But a key source said it plans to publish the story Friday or, more likely, Monday.

According to the sources, a taxpayer watchdog group conducted a nine-month investigation into presidential and congressional fundraising and has uncovered thousands of cases of credit card solicitations and donations to Obama and Capitol Hill, allegedly from unsecure accounts, and many from overseas. That might be a violation of federal election laws.

The Obama campaign has received hundreds of millions in small dollar donations, many via credit card donations through their website. On Thursday, the campaign announced a record September donor haul of $150 million.

At the end of the 2008 presidential campaign, the Obama-Biden effort was hit with a similar scandal. At the time, the Washington Post reported that the Obama campaign let donors use "largely untraceable prepaid credit cards that could potentially be used to evade limits on how much an individual is legally allowed to give or to mask a contributor's identity."

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this

He looked like he hadn't slept in a few days.

out of bed

This will be interesting to watch unfold. Thanks for posting.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM
3 moms liked this

This really isn't surprising, but I hope the real news does break.

It's time the media started showing just how crooked obama has been his whole life.

Let us know if you find out what magazine is opening this big can or worms.  owormy got to go!!!

duets
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Interesting...I await the articles & tv coverage.

To me, Obama looked somewhat pre-occupied.  Tired probly, his anniversary, to mention a few.  Also, when Romney was talking to him, he was mostly looking down.  (reading notes)...but it also made it look like Romney was scolding a small child.  Eh.....we'll see, as there is more to come.

I did find it funny today...on the campaign trail....Obama saying someone showed up last night claiming to be Romney & oddly knew nothing about his year long talk of increasing taxes for the middle class. (indirect quote)

laughing

_Kissy_
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM
4 moms liked this
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake. ~ Napoleon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:35 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting _Kissy_:

Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake. ~ Napoleon

and Napoleon was exiled....

chazmom01
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow can not believe some of the response to these posts .You really think he has been a crook his whole life? Never have I seen more hate speech then on this site when it comes to President Obama. He has done a great job with what he has had to work with and the mess he has had to fix .Lets see Clinton had a surplus when he left office but when Bush got into office he got us into the mess we are into the day .Obama has had to spend his time working to clean up the mess republicans got us into with them saying  on day one to make him a one term President. All you all do is blame him for the mess they got us into .So you all want to give it back to them .WOW really ladys.

Quoting gsprofval:

It's time the media started showing just how crooked obama has been his whole life.

Let us know if you find out what magazine is opening this big can or worms.  owormy got to go!!!

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I this goes along with Obama is on the DL and he's an alien from Jupiter stories.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Hum.  There was that pesky little land deal with Tony Rezko.  There were those deals of crony capitalism where many of those associates turned around to bundle money for Obama.   As an IN Senator there were those deals where Obama funneled money to friends who said they would rebuild housing projects in the southside of Chicago...those associates made a lot of money, but failed to improve housing in the southside of Chicago. Enter Tony Rezco again.

A remarkable June 27, 2008 article entitled "Grim proving ground for Obama's housing policy" by Binyamin Appelbaum of the Boston Globe, exposed the Chicago housing mess and the role of a circle of associates of Barack Obama.

Quoting chazmom01:

Wow can not believe some of the response to these posts .You really think he has been a crook his whole life? Never have I seen more hate speech then on this site when it comes to President Obama. He has done a great job with what he has had to work with and the mess he has had to fix .Lets see Clinton had a surplus when he left office but when Bush got into office he got us into the mess we are into the day .Obama has had to spend his time working to clean up the mess republicans got us into with them saying  on day one to make him a one term President. All you all do is blame him for the mess they got us into .So you all want to give it back to them .WOW really ladys.

Quoting gsprofval:

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Al Gore blames the altitude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I wonder if he was able to say it with a straight face?

Quoting jcrew6:

Al Gore blames the altitude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)