Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hum...was Obama rattled because....

Posted by   + Show Post

President Obama's reelection campaign, rattled by his Wednesday night debate performance, could be in for even worse news. According to knowledgeablesources, a national magazine and a national web site are preparing a blockbuster donor scandal story.

Sources told Secrets that the Obama campaign has been trying to block the story. But a key source said it plans to publish the story Friday or, more likely, Monday.

According to the sources, a taxpayer watchdog group conducted a nine-month investigation into presidential and congressional fundraising and has uncovered thousands of cases of credit card solicitations and donations to Obama and Capitol Hill, allegedly from unsecure accounts, and many from overseas. That might be a violation of federal election laws.

The Obama campaign has received hundreds of millions in small dollar donations, many via credit card donations through their website. On Thursday, the campaign announced a record September donor haul of $150 million.

At the end of the 2008 presidential campaign, the Obama-Biden effort was hit with a similar scandal. At the time, the Washington Post reported that the Obama campaign let donors use "largely untraceable prepaid credit cards that could potentially be used to evade limits on how much an individual is legally allowed to give or to mask a contributor's identity."

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't take articles like this seriously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM
This is Al Gore we are talking about.

Quoting DSamuels:

I wonder if he was able to say it with a straight face?

Quoting jcrew6:

Al Gore blames the altitude.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL I know!!! I'm not sure I've ever seen him crack a real smile.

Quoting jcrew6:

This is Al Gore we are talking about.

Quoting DSamuels:

I wonder if he was able to say it with a straight face?

Quoting jcrew6:

Al Gore blames the altitude.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Now, the excuse is that the DEM's didn't want Obama to appear too aggressive so it was the sttategy to dial it down for the debate.  If that was their stategy it failed.  Add that to the list of DEM failures.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:27 AM
2 moms liked this

All, I can do is laugh at posts such as this, any more.

Quoting chazmom01:

Wow can not believe some of the response to these posts .You really think he has been a crook his whole life? Never have I seen more hate speech then on this site when it comes to President Obama. He has done a great job with what he has had to work with and the mess he has had to fix .Lets see Clinton had a surplus when he left office but when Bush got into office he got us into the mess we are into the day .Obama has had to spend his time working to clean up the mess republicans got us into with them saying  on day one to make him a one term President. All you all do is blame him for the mess they got us into .So you all want to give it back to them .WOW really ladys.

Quoting gsprofval:

This really isn't surprising, but I hope the real news does break.

It's time the media started showing just how crooked obama has been his whole life.

Let us know if you find out what magazine is opening this big can or worms.  owormy got to go!!!

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:30 AM
3 moms liked this

Of course you don't.

Quoting AdellesMom:

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, I'm no conspiracy theorist. I'll wait until they release their "evidence."

Quoting Carpy:

Of course you don't.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
broncfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM
5 moms liked this
There is no theory here, he sucked and he can't blame it on Bush, he could not blow it off and appear on another talk show and he could not depend on a TelePrompter . What we saw was what we have, a president that does not know his ass from a pine tree. No spin ....just fact.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

While you guys are sitting here wondering if a as-yet-no-evidence-for campaign donation fraud story (which I highly doubt was the cause of Obama's poor performance, but as theories go, it's as valid as the next one, I suppose), the new jobs numbers are out.

Unemployment has fallen below 8%.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm wondering when the job numbers will be revised down as they usually seem to be. I also wonder how many stopped looking or ran out of employment, that changes the numbers too. I did find this little tidbit....

Still, many of the jobs the economy added last month were part time. The number of people with part-time jobs who wanted full-time work rose 7.5 percent to 8.6 million, the most since February 2009.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

While you guys are sitting here wondering if a as-yet-no-evidence-for campaign donation fraud story (which I highly doubt was the cause of Obama's poor performance, but as theories go, it's as valid as the next one, I suppose), the new jobs numbers are out.

Unemployment has fallen below 8%.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)