Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

NAACP Official: Obama Campaign Staffer Threatened Me

Posted by   + Show Post

CHICAGO (CBS) — The President of the South Suburban Branch of the NAACP alleges a director of the re-election campaign of Barack Obama has threatened and intimidated him because he doesn’t support the president.

WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser has the exclusive story.

LISTEN: WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser Reports

David Lowery says he believes he was threatened during a phone conversation with Louis Raymond, the Illinois political director for Obama for America.

Lowery says he doesn’t personally support the president because he’s not addressing issues important to the black community. He said he was explaining that to Raymond when the Obama campaign official told him, “You know what? I know everything about you.”

Lowery says Raymond added, “We’ve been watching you, and since you don’t support Obama, we’ll deal with you,” before hanging up.

Lowery filed a report with the Oak Forest police report, he says, “in case something happens.”

He says it was suggested the NAACP should automatically back the president. Lowery notes a non-profit cannot support a particular candidate.

He says it’s a clear signal the Obama campaign is concerned about the black vote.

Lowery hosts an internet radio program called “Let the Truth Be Told,” where he’s made no secret of his displeasure with the president.

Louis Raymond declined to comment. The Obama re-election campaign issued a written statement in response to Lowery’s claims.

“Unfortunately there seems to have been a miscommunication regarding this conversation and we have since discussed with the campaign staffer in an effort to clarify the matter. The President continues to support the mission and principles of the NAACP and the work they do,” the statement said.

Lowery says he’s not for Romney, either.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/naacp-official-obama-campaign-staffer-threatened-me/

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Replies (11-16):
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
No, I don't think that.

Nice try.

I do think that people know what "LOL" means.
Quoting jcrew6:

Apparently she thinks all should be able to decipher her meaning behind, "sure it happened... Lol"

Sarcasm? Or Joke?

Quoting DSamuels:

With the LOL at the end I took it as sarcastic, not a joke.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Did you not see the "LOL" or do you have a reading comprehension problem?

You don't have to find it funny--I did.

Quoting jcrew6:

Saying , "sure it happened" was your joke?

Quoting AdellesMom:

No...that was a joke. I'm sorry you didn't catch that.

Quoting DSamuels:

So you are saying the NAACP official and the CBS station is lying? Interesting. What would be their motive?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Sure this happened...LOL

My question for Lawrey (sp?) is what is Obama--or any other President for that matter--supposed to do exclusively for the black community? I mean, come on.

Oh, and the Obama campaign still has the "black vote."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Nope. I use "LOL" when I'm joking.

Quoting DSamuels:

With the LOL at the end I took it as sarcastic, not a joke.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Did you not see the "LOL" or do you have a reading comprehension problem?

You don't have to find it funny--I did.

Quoting jcrew6:

Saying , "sure it happened" was your joke?

Quoting AdellesMom:

No...that was a joke. I'm sorry you didn't catch that.

Quoting DSamuels:

So you are saying the NAACP official and the CBS station is lying? Interesting. What would be their motive?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Sure this happened...LOL

My question for Lawrey (sp?) is what is Obama--or any other President for that matter--supposed to do exclusively for the black community? I mean, come on.

Oh, and the Obama campaign still has the "black vote."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM

BUMP!

BentleyKen
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

damn you have a terribe sense of humor. Sounds like something a fat ass would say

brandydesiree
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I'm not sure who you are talking about, but it's funny!

Quoting BentleyKen:

damn you have a terribe sense of humor. Sounds like something a fat ass would say

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Wonder how many black panthers will be at the voting booths this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN