Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

etch a sketch moment again for Mitt

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/10/how-romney-came-admit-47-percent-was-completely-wrong/57632 

Again he trys to take back his remarks .How many times does he gets to change his mind on what he says and says opps but I did not mean it that way .This man has change his positions on things so many times this election its unreal .How many times does his campaign gets to reboot ?Being a family of the 47% He can not take it back for me . No we Do not collect food stamps ladies before you jump on that band wagon.My husband and I are both disabled .My husband has worked as a nurse for 20 years now .The last 2 years my husband has had 4 surgeries and can not work now so yes we live off his SSD that he has payed into for the last 40 years.We live off that we get no food stamps .

Oh by the way jobless numbers are down to 7.8 percent now .Now what Mitt? How will he spin this .

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM
5 moms liked this

His problem is that when he first came out to comment on that, he didn't take it back, he basically said, "Yep.  I stand behind what I said."  Taking it back now is too little too late.  It was such a thoughtless thing to say.  I can't imagine anyone trusting that man to be president when he says things like that about almost half of the population.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

This was a relatively minor statement by Mitt Romney, but at least he is willing to admit he made a mistake and own up to it

unlike obama with the Libya attack:

chazmom01
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM

How many opps statements has he made? The guys changes his mind alot during this campaign. Does not stand by what he has said all threw his campaign. Oh that did not go over well so I will tell them somthing differt or I did not mean it that way .

Quoting gsprofval:

This was a relatively minor statement by Mitt Romney, but at least he is willing to admit he made a mistake and own up to it

lnrmom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I've lost track of how many times he's said "oops" or his aides have had to come behind him and "clean up" his mess.

Doesn't fly with me either. I'm one of the 47% with a full time job.

_Kissy_
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM
He doesn't know what he believes in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GardenerArtist
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM
3 moms liked this

the problem is Mitt thinks he can be Chameleon Man and Superman, everything to everybody, and will say whatever to get elected, cuz ya know.... it's his turn.  He says one thing, says he stands behind it, the next day he denies it, and stands behind it.  wash. rinse, repeat.  There is NO consistency to him whatsover.  A liar is a liar. His are recorded for posterity. 

Lisa1273
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM
3 moms liked this

What don't some people understand? 

It's a very simple princple; if you spend more than you take in you're going to run out of money.  Then what happens to everybody?  There are certainly people who need assistance & there are programs to help them such as SSD. SSD was there long before Obama and would be there under Romney as well.  You can't have trillion dollar deficits every year & still claim we're making progress. Obama & his policies are bankrupting this country & I'm afraid 4 more years will bring us past the point of no return!  Romney understands economics & he understands what it takes to stimulate the economy.  Look around you, we're worse off then we were 4 years ago.  Let's change direction & give Romney a chance.  It can't get any worse.

Lisa1273
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this

At least when Obama lies ..... he sticks to it & lies very well!!

That's why I'll be voting for Romney!

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

His problem is that when he first came out to comment on that, he didn't take it back, he basically said, "Yep.  I stand behind what I said."  Taking it back now is too little too late.  It was such a thoughtless thing to say.  I can't imagine anyone trusting that man to be president when he says things like that about almost half of the population.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you ever look at the lies obama tells? Just start with the Libyan attack on the embassy and the lives lost there.

Yes, intel new in advance the attack was planned.

Yes, Amb. Stevens even asked for extra security, but obummer said NO!

Yes, the whole world knew it was a terrorist attack.

Obummer---lie,lie,lie--it was because of a movie? Really? Literally, the whole world reported it as a terrorist attack, but obummer still couldn't tell the truth and how he basically got those people killed.

Quoting chazmom01:

How many opps statements has he made? The guys changes his mind alot during this campaign. Does not stand by what he has said all threw his campaign. Oh that did not go over well so I will tell them somthing differt or I did not mean it that way .

Quoting gsprofval:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Romney is not saying you and your husband don't deserve assistance, or that sick or old people shouldn't be helped. He's saying able bodied people should be working.

You have to know that the 7.8% rate is manufactured. There is no way you can do that in one month, not in this economy. Real rate is more like 11% Several factors are in play:

1) One month prior to election

2) Obviousl cooking the books - manipulating the numbers

3) Hiring primarily in the public sector (government) - The unemployment rate is supposed to excluded governmental work-  and...

4) ...Part-time jobs for the unemployed who have run out of unemployment benefits - These people should be counted as "underemployed" not "employed", which signifies fulltime work.

5) Obama jobs reports in the past have always been quietly decreased (because they were inflated in the first place).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)