Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What are the excuses you have heard to why Obama flubbed the debate?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm keeping an informal list but I am missing some.. I'm sure..

Let's add them up...

1. High Altitude

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Quoting godotherightthi:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting rocketracer:

6. a different romney appeared.

Isn't that funny?  LOL

Did people not watch any of the Rep debates?  Romney is an excellent debater with the knowledge at his fingertips, fast on his feet.. I guess they thought he'd be like one of their clipped soundbites that they say represent who Romney is.

Which is why the liberal media freaked out after the debate like they did.  They couldn't filter or spin or edit their way out of this one - not with 67million people watching it live.

yep... still, some tried.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting celestegood:

In all honesty, I don't get why anyone makes excuses for someone they don't know.

He did ok, but he was not on his game.  Why, I don't know or care.

Well.. if you invested a lot of time, effort, and or money... you feel the need to justify your position.

(If by some fluke Romney does poorly.. I'm sure I'll have one or two excuses.. not that THAT is going to happen wink mini)

although I've never invested any money.. I'm rather put my ,mouth where my mouth is.. (I guess that replaces "money where your mouth is..." doesn't really work..lol)

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I'll gather them from other posts...

Obama didn't bring his A game and ... that was considered Romney at his best

celestegood
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting celestegood:

In all honesty, I don't get why anyone makes excuses for someone they don't know.

Well.. if you invested a lot of time, effort, and or money... you feel the need to justify your position.

(If by some fluke Romney does poorly.. I'm sure I'll have one or two excuses.. not that THAT is going to happen wink mini)

although I've never invested any money.. I'm rather put my ,mouth where my mouth is.. (I guess that replaces "money where your mouth is..." doesn't really work..lol)

Well, I have donated money to Obama's campaign.  So, for me, that seems kind of irrelevant.  I am not rich by any means, but I have donated a few times.

I just don't get why people try to defend a politician.  First off, you don't know him.  Second off, you were not there and anything you say is just a guess anyway.

In the greater scheme of things, it seems kind of pointless to worry about why some man you have never met did or said something in particular.

Why worry or make excuses?  I would make excuses for my offspring and maybe my spouse.  But for a man I have never met?  No.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Everytime the President spoke, the narrator, wouldn't even give him the time he was supposed to get.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting celestegood:

Well, I have donated money to Obama's campaign.  So, for me, that seems kind of irrelevant.  I am not rich by any means, but I have donated a few times.

I just don't get why people try to defend a politician.  First off, you don't know him.  Second off, you were not there and anything you say is just a guess anyway.

In the greater scheme of things, it seems kind of pointless to worry about why some man you have never met did or said something in particular.

Why worry or make excuses?  I would make excuses for my offspring and maybe my spouse.  But for a man I have never met?  No.

=)  I respect your comments and agree to some degree... ;)

godotherightthi
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

Everytime the President spoke, the narrator, wouldn't even give him the time he was supposed to get.

Ha!  I was just going to post that one - maybe instead of Bush's fault we can say Lehrer's fault?

godotherightthi
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I just read that Ashley Judd said it was because Obama was OVERprepped!

Edit: Oops, it was a supporter of Ashley that said that.  Still just as hilarious!

celestegood
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting celestegood:

=)  I respect your comments and agree to some degree... ;)

:) I love how we don't agree, but don't have to be hostile toward each other.  It's nice to be able to talk to someone who is open to another person's viewpoint.  Thanks for being respectful.

godotherightthi
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM
6 moms liked this

This is the one that's true - from a comment on a blog that I follow:

Here is the reason IMHO that Obama lost: it is not possible to debate against the views and proposals of your opponent as YOU have defined ( and lied about them to the public) with the ACTUAL CANDIDATE in front of you to refute you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)