Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What are the excuses you have heard to why Obama flubbed the debate?

Jambo4
Why are there so many trolls on CM? I am so sorry your life is unfulfilled.
Friday at 3:28 PM
Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM
  • 95 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm keeping an informal list but I am missing some.. I'm sure..

Let's add them up...

1. High Altitude

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Distracted by Anniversary (MSNBC)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

3. It was all part of a strategy

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM
3 moms liked this

1. high altitude

2. anniversary

3. didn't want to appear too aggressive

4. doesn't like to do his homework as stated by Obama himself prior to the debate

5. has a lazy streak as stated by Obama during a Barbara Walters interview

6. a different romney appeared.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rocketracer:

1. high altitude

2. anniversary

3. didn't want to appear too aggressive

4. doesn't like to do his homework as stated by Obama himself prior to the debate

5. has a lazy streak as stated by Obama during a Barbara Walters interview

Those are all great!  I'll add on to the one related in #3

He was being a gentleman

He was following the rules

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM
8 moms liked this

Quoting rocketracer:

Isn't that funny?  LOL

Did people not watch any of the Rep debates?  Romney is an excellent debater with the knowledge at his fingertips, fast on his feet.. I guess they thought he'd be like one of their clipped soundbites that they say represent who Romney is.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM
10 moms liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting rocketracer:

Isn't that funny?  LOL

Did people not watch any of the Rep debates?  Romney is an excellent debater with the knowledge at his fingertips, fast on his feet.. I guess they thought he'd be like one of their clipped soundbites that they say represent who Romney is.

I think the real Romney showed up and so did the real Obama.

godotherightthi
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting rocketracer:

Isn't that funny?  LOL

Which is why the liberal media freaked out after the debate like they did.  They couldn't filter or spin or edit their way out of this one - not with 67million people watching it live.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

DC Report: Is Possible Donor Scandal Story Distracting Obama?

DC Report: Was Upcoming Donor Scandal Story Distracting Barack Obama During Debate?

US President Barack Obama waves to supporters at a campaign rally October 4, 2012 at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in Madison, Wisconsin. Obama returned to the campaign trail after taking part in the first presidential debate on October 3, 2012 in Denver. (Credit: AFP/Getty Images)

A brewing political scandal regarding potentially illegal campaign donations is threatening to cause even more problems for President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, the Washington Examiner reports.

The news comes the day after the commander-in-chief was easily outperformed by his rival Mitt Romney in the first presidential debate on Wednesday night, putting Obama suddenly on the defensive.

The Washington Examiner, citing “knowledgeable sources,” reports that a national magazine and a national web site are preparing to run a bombshell donor scandal story that President Obama and his campaign have been trying to keep under wraps.

However, a “key source” reportedly said the story could be published on Friday or this upcoming Monday.

The Washington Examiner has more details:

According to the sources, a taxpayer watchdog group conducted a nine-month investigation into presidential and congressional fundraising and has uncovered thousands of cases of credit card solicitations and donations to Obama and Capitol Hill, allegedly from unsecure accounts, and many from overseas. That might be a violation of federal election laws.

The Obama campaign has received hundreds of millions in small dollar donations, many via credit card donations through their website. On Thursday, the campaign announced a record September donor haul of $150 million.

Political analysts have been trying to figure out why Obama looked off his game during the debate — a possible donor scandal story from a national magazine and website could be one possible explanation.

If there is any silver lining for Obama, the Obama-Biden ticket survived a similar scandal at the end of 2008. The Washington Post reported that the Obama campaign allowed donors to use “largely untraceable prepaid credit cards that could potentially be used to evade limits on how much an individual is legally allowed to give or to mask a contributor’s identity.”

TheBlaze will continue to follow this developing story.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting rocketracer:

Isn't that funny?  LOL

I think the real Romney showed up and so did the real Obama.

yeah... Obama is nothing without his teleprompter.  

celestegood
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM
3 moms liked this

In all honesty, I don't get why anyone makes excuses for someone they don't know.

He did ok, but he was not on his game.  Why, I don't know or care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)