Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the excuses you have heard to why Obama flubbed the debate?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm keeping an informal list but I am missing some.. I'm sure..

Let's add them up...

1. High Altitude

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

This one has multiple excuses..

Romney has little else to think about but campaigning while the President still has the weight of the world on his shoulders.  I also doubt Romney has received as many death threats as the President has received.  I sometimes wonder if the President becomes aware of a threat just before going on stage during the campaign, probably more to unnerve him than actual intent to kill him but disconcerting and distracting all the same. 

Such concerns may lead to the President's flat performances.  He also has to be careful how he speaks because all the people saying he wasn't aggressive enough would be saying he was too aggessive and arrogant if he'd done as Romney did.  It's better to err on the "too passive" side than the "rudely aggressive" side. 

1bluediamond
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I think Obama realizes that the powers that be will make certain he will be reelected and so he was only there out of obligation. I mean clearly he was bored. Regardless he should at least play along for the dog and pony show.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeeperSqueak
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

These and....

Michelle may have said something ugly

Indigestion

Stage fright

Received a report from intelligence....something may be brewing

Rumbly in his tumbly

Quoting rocketracer:

1. high altitude

2. anniversary

3. didn't want to appear too aggressive

4. doesn't like to do his homework as stated by Obama himself prior to the debate

5. has a lazy streak as stated by Obama during a Barbara Walters interview

6. a different romney appeared.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Quoting 1bluediamond:

I think Obama realizes that the powers that be will make certain he will be reelected and so he was only there out of obligation. I mean clearly he was bored. Regardless he should at least play along for the dog and pony show.

obligation... interesting....

Well the powers that be can't spin what 67 million people saw with their own eyes...lol  (although they will try ;)

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Well, he simply didn't bring his "A game." That's not an excuse; it's a fact.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Quoting AdellesMom:

that's debatable.. wink mini although I will concede it to you since I heard SO much chatter about what an outstanding debater he is and how he was going to wipe the floor with Romney for months now.

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, I never expected Obama to win all three debates. But, I didn't expect him to lose like that. lol

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting AdellesMom:

that's debatable.. wink mini although I will concede it to you since I heard SO much chatter about what an outstanding debater he is and how he was going to wipe the floor with Romney for months now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momsince1989
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going with secret strategy to get Romney lying er I mean talking. It cracks me up how everyone who wants Romney to win is glorying over his debate prowess. He is still a lier! He still couldn't give specifics of his tax plan. He insulted PBS instead of saying anything about cutting subsidies to corporations or big oil! Those voting for Obama will still vote for Obama and those voting for Romney will still vote for Romney. I personally may not even watch anymore...I've already voted for Obama!

1bluediamond
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this
What is there to spin? Clearly Obama didn't show up.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting 1bluediamond:

obligation... interesting....

Well the powers that be can't spin what 67 million people saw with their own eyes...lol  (although they will try ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting momsince1989:

I'm going with secret strategy to get Romney lying er I mean talking. It cracks me up how everyone who wants Romney to win is glorying over his debate prowess. He is still a lier! He still couldn't give specifics of his tax plan. He insulted PBS instead of saying anything about cutting subsidies to corporations or big oil! Those voting for Obama will still vote for Obama and those voting for Romney will still vote for Romney. I personally may not even watch anymore...I've already voted for Obama!

No, Romney is not a "lier"....

But we have learned one thing for sure... Obama is painfully slow without his teleprompter.  Believe it or not, Obama ACTUALLY got 3 more minutes of air time than Romney!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)