Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What are the excuses you have heard to why Obama flubbed the debate?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm keeping an informal list but I am missing some.. I'm sure..

Let's add them up...

1. High Altitude

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (31-40):
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Early voting? I plan on getting my absentee ballot on Monday.

Quoting momsince1989:

I'm going with secret strategy to get Romney lying er I mean talking. It cracks me up how everyone who wants Romney to win is glorying over his debate prowess. He is still a lier! He still couldn't give specifics of his tax plan. He insulted PBS instead of saying anything about cutting subsidies to corporations or big oil! Those voting for Obama will still vote for Obama and those voting for Romney will still vote for Romney. I personally may not even watch anymore...I've already voted for Obama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momsince1989
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

"How much did I lie?"

The results of Wednesday night's first presidential debate are in and it's official: Mitt Romney won round one. He was aggressive, he was decisive, he delivered. Of course he also lied through his teeth for most of the debate.

Romney lied:

• When he claimed that "pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan." They're not.
  • When he said that President Obama had "cut Medicare by $716 billion to pay for Obamacare." Obama didn't.
  • When he denied proposing a $5 trillion tax cut. He did.
  • When he said President Obama had "added almost as much to the federal debt as all the prior presidents combined." Not even close.
  • When he resurrected "death panels." That was called "one of the biggest whoppers of the night."
  • When he stated that half the green energy companies given stimulus funds had failed. Only if three out of nearly three dozen is half.

Stay tuned. These just scratch the surface.

and here's an ongoing list of all of his lies

Steve Benen has truly done yeoman's work this campaign season in documenting the astonishing onslaught of Romney's lies, and Fred Clark helpfully compiled them. couldn't make it clicky here's the link below:

Click those links. Read the lists. List after list of lie after lie. Hundreds of them — 533, to be exact, although Benen does not make any claim to providing a comprehensive chronicle.

This is unprecedented. “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers,” Romney’s pollster, Neil Newhouse, said.

While the sheer number of Romney's lies are indeed unprecedented for a presidential campaign, his fact-free campaigning is simply the logical continuation of a trend that started in the George W. Bush administration, when Republicans literally walled themselves from reality.

The [Bush] aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

So this has been going on for a while. Right-wingers just don't have to confront facts they don't like any longer. They no longer have to watch to Edward R. Murrow dress down Joe McCarthy for his un-American demagoguery. They don't have to listen Walter Cronkite telling them the Vietnam War is lost. Those days are over -- they can simply switch the channel.

Now, they are tightly cocooned in the cozy world of FOX News, right-wing radio, conservative newspapers and wingnut blogs where high taxes and burdensome regulations are crushing the American dream, inflation is running rampant, businesses are suffering, global warming is a joke, homosexuality is a choice, illegal immigration is at all-time high, our scary Muslim enemies are on the march -- and if only Republicans could take power over the entire federal government again, those problems would all magically disappear.

Because of this highly-profitable right-wing media infrastructure so willing to deceive its consumers, and because conservative dogma has replaced fact-based analysis on the right, Republican candidates don't have an incentive to tell the truth. Quite the opposite.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting momsince1989:

I'm going with secret strategy to get Romney lying er I mean talking. It cracks me up how everyone who wants Romney to win is glorying over his debate prowess. He is still a lier! He still couldn't give specifics of his tax plan. He insulted PBS instead of saying anything about cutting subsidies to corporations or big oil! Those voting for Obama will still vote for Obama and those voting for Romney will still vote for Romney. I personally may not even watch anymore...I've already voted for Obama!

No, Romney is not a "lier"....

But we have learned one thing for sure... Obama is painfully slow without his teleprompter.  Believe it or not, Obama ACTUALLY got 3 more minutes of air time than Romney!

momsince1989
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

This is documented. Proven. Validated, verified, demonstrated, catalogued and quantified. Mitt Romney lies.

momsince1989
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM

no, I am a permanent vote by mail voter. I have been studying the issues and marking up my voter guide. But I went straight Democratic down the ticket this year. I might switch to Democrat after the election. Not liking the independents being lumped in with other parties like the tea partiers.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting momsince1989:

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Oh okay. I wonder if my state has that. It's so convenient! lol

Quoting momsince1989:

no, I am a permanent vote by mail voter. I have been studying the issues and marking up my voter guide. But I went straight Democratic down the ticket this year. I might switch to Democrat after the election. Not liking the independents being lumped in with other parties like the tea partiers.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting momsince1989:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momsince1989
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Yes it is! I am a busy momma with 4 boys lol  hmm what state are you in? and here's a cool link http://www.governing.com/columns/dispatch/Why-Hasnt-Voting-by-Mail-Spread.html

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting momsince1989:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting momsince1989:

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Mississippi! But, I'm moving to Michigan next month. Thanks!

Quoting momsince1989:

Yes it is! I am a busy momma with 4 boys lol  hmm what state are you in? and here's a cool link http://www.governing.com/columns/dispatch/Why-Hasnt-Voting-by-Mail-Spread.html

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting momsince1989:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting momsince1989:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abigail0210
by New Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

He missed his teleprompter....

lnrmom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Presidential debate decorum states that no notes.  Sooo... he cheated by having the information at his fingertips.

Besides nothing he said was the same as ANYTHING he has said for the past 18 months.  Even his aide corrected him about the pre-existing conditions statement not too long after the debate was over.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting rocketracer:

6. a different romney appeared.

Isn't that funny?  LOL

Did people not watch any of the Rep debates?  Romney is an excellent debater with the knowledge at his fingertips, fast on his feet.. I guess they thought he'd be like one of their clipped soundbites that they say represent who Romney is.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:22 PM

false all around... but we'll add your excuses to our ever growing list! big smile mini

Quoting lnrmom:

Presidential debate decorum states that no notes.  Sooo... he cheated by having the information at his fingertips.

Besides nothing he said was the same as ANYTHING he has said for the past 18 months.  Even his aide corrected him about the pre-existing conditions statement not too long after the debate was over.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting rocketracer:

6. a different romney appeared.

Isn't that funny?  LOL

Did people not watch any of the Rep debates?  Romney is an excellent debater with the knowledge at his fingertips, fast on his feet.. I guess they thought he'd be like one of their clipped soundbites that they say represent who Romney is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN