Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What are the excuses you have heard to why Obama flubbed the debate?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm keeping an informal list but I am missing some.. I'm sure..

Let's add them up...

1. High Altitude

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (61-70):
SmileSayCheese
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
He didn't win because he was not the best that night. there is still one more chance for him to make a come back. if he does not, the win will go to romney.
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM
What an immature and unintelligent response.

I don' have a fuck to give about you. Even if I did, I still wouldn't give a fuck about you. It'd be a waste.

JSYK: Plenty of people that I give a fuck about want me in MI. Hence the reason why my family is moving back.
Quoting Carpy:

And what if we don't want you here?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Mississippi! But, I'm moving to Michigan next month. Thanks!

Quoting momsince1989:

Yes it is! I am a busy momma with 4 boys lol  hmm what state are you in? and here's a cool link http://www.governing.com/columns/dispatch/Why-Hasnt-Voting-by-Mail-Spread.html

Quoting AdellesMom:

Oh okay. I wonder if my state has that. It's so convenient! lol

Quoting momsince1989:

no, I am a permanent vote by mail voter. I have been studying the issues and marking up my voter guide. But I went straight Democratic down the ticket this year. I might switch to Democrat after the election. Not liking the independents being lumped in with other parties like the tea partiers.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Early voting? I plan on getting my absentee ballot on Monday.

Quoting momsince1989:

I'm going with secret strategy to get Romney lying er I mean talking. It cracks me up how everyone who wants Romney to win is glorying over his debate prowess. He is still a lier! He still couldn't give specifics of his tax plan. He insulted PBS instead of saying anything about cutting subsidies to corporations or big oil! Those voting for Obama will still vote for Obama and those voting for Romney will still vote for Romney. I personally may not even watch anymore...I've already voted for Obama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SmileSayCheese
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:28 PM
There have been many excuses as to why he was not at the top of his game. It's not over yet, he still has a chance. No one should be doing a victory dance just yet.
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Quoting DSamuels:

Maybe Bill Maher is on to something......

"I'm sorry, he sucked," said Maher last night. "He looked tired. He had trouble getting his answers out. Looks like he took me million and spent it all on weed!"

Maher has given a million dollars to support President Obama's super PAC.

talk about throwing away money...

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

the whole thing made me laugh... ;)

Quoting broncfan:

Your last paragraph makes me laugh. Modest? Cares about 100% ? Haha, he could care less about me and my family , the only good we are to him is we do actually pay taxes. But him care? Do n't fool yourself .

And Romney is 2000 times the man that eyecandy Barry could ever hope to be.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi,

Romney won because of assertiveness and performance.

Romney also won the pinocchio award for lying.

Romney won battle for the best actor award or debate in this case

Obama will win the war...because at the end of the day Americans do not want a lying,callouse,greedy president.

Obama is extremely intelligent,is modest about all his accomplishments that we all take for granted everyday.Obama is a good man and cares about %100 of Americans,Romney could care less about%47 of us.

~Tia

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Hello Celeste - No, I'm not ignorant -- actually, very curious. Big difference. 

Quoting celestegood:

Do you even know me?  No, I wouldn't run around telling everyone who won.  The person who wins is all over the news-I doubt that it could make any difference.

If Obama won, I wouldn't be analyzing what he said from beginning of the debate to the end.  In reality, I think he did great.

But as I don't enjoy analyzing and taking things apart to scrutinize (even if "my guy" won) I wouldn't do that.

I give each person their due, and move on.  How hard is that to understand? 

I'll attribute your ignorance to the fact you don't know me.

Quoting SallyMJ:

You've donated to the Obama campaign. So if Obama had  won, would you want to tell people? Would you want to tell them why he won? 

I think you would - but because your guy lost, no one should ever try to understand what the candidates did to win or lose.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting celestegood:

In all honesty, I don't get why anyone makes excuses for someone they don't know.

He did ok, but he was not on his game.  Why, I don't know or care.

Well.. if you invested a lot of time, effort, and or money... you feel the need to justify your position.

(If by some fluke Romney does poorly.. I'm sure I'll have one or two excuses.. not that THAT is going to happen wink mini)

although I've never invested any money.. I'm rather put my ,mouth where my mouth is.. (I guess that replaces "money where your mouth is..." doesn't really work..lol)

Well, I have donated money to Obama's campaign.  So, for me, that seems kind of irrelevant.  I am not rich by any means, but I have donated a few times.

I just don't get why people try to defend a politician.  First off, you don't know him.  Second off, you were not there and anything you say is just a guess anyway.

In the greater scheme of things, it seems kind of pointless to worry about why some man you have never met did or said something in particular.

Why worry or make excuses?  I would make excuses for my offspring and maybe my spouse.  But for a man I have never met?  No.

Dimples303
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this

lmao, well maybe he should have taken more time to prepare seeing as he has been to Colorado more than a couple times this year, he should know better. 

Redwall
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I heard he was on an something for sinus trouble and that made him a bit loopy.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Wow, I see you have a great sense of humor.

Quoting AdellesMom:

What an immature and unintelligent response.

I don' have a fuck to give about you. Even if I did, I still wouldn't give a fuck about you. It'd be a waste.

JSYK: Plenty of people that I give a fuck about want me in MI. Hence the reason why my family is moving back.
Quoting Carpy:

And what if we don't want you here?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Mississippi! But, I'm moving to Michigan next month. Thanks!

Quoting momsince1989:

Yes it is! I am a busy momma with 4 boys lol  hmm what state are you in? and here's a cool link http://www.governing.com/columns/dispatch/Why-Hasnt-Voting-by-Mail-Spread.html

Quoting AdellesMom:

Oh okay. I wonder if my state has that. It's so convenient! lol

Quoting momsince1989:

no, I am a permanent vote by mail voter. I have been studying the issues and marking up my voter guide. But I went straight Democratic down the ticket this year. I might switch to Democrat after the election. Not liking the independents being lumped in with other parties like the tea partiers.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Early voting? I plan on getting my absentee ballot on Monday.

Quoting momsince1989:

I'm going with secret strategy to get Romney lying er I mean talking. It cracks me up how everyone who wants Romney to win is glorying over his debate prowess. He is still a lier! He still couldn't give specifics of his tax plan. He insulted PBS instead of saying anything about cutting subsidies to corporations or big oil! Those voting for Obama will still vote for Obama and those voting for Romney will still vote for Romney. I personally may not even watch anymore...I've already voted for Obama!

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

U may want to fact check some of your "below claims."

Quoting momsince1989:

"How much did I lie?"

The results of Wednesday night's first presidential debate are in and it's official: Mitt Romney won round one. He was aggressive, he was decisive, he delivered. Of course he also lied through his teeth for most of the debate.

Romney lied:

• When he claimed that "pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan." They're not.
  • When he said that President Obama had "cut Medicare by $716 billion to pay for Obamacare." Obama didn't.
  • When he denied proposing a $5 trillion tax cut. He did.
  • When he said President Obama had "added almost as much to the federal debt as all the prior presidents combined." Not even close.
  • When he resurrected "death panels." That was called "one of the biggest whoppers of the night."
  • When he stated that half the green energy companies given stimulus funds had failed. Only if three out of nearly three dozen is half.

Stay tuned. These just scratch the surface.

and here's an ongoing list of all of his lies

Steve Benen has truly done yeoman's work this campaign season in documenting the astonishing onslaught of Romney's lies, and Fred Clark helpfully compiled them. couldn't make it clicky here's the link below:

Click those links. Read the lists. List after list of lie after lie. Hundreds of them — 533, to be exact, although Benen does not make any claim to providing a comprehensive chronicle.

This is unprecedented. “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers,” Romney’s pollster, Neil Newhouse, said.

While the sheer number of Romney's lies are indeed unprecedented for a presidential campaign, his fact-free campaigning is simply the logical continuation of a trend that started in the George W. Bush administration, when Republicans literally walled themselves from reality.

The [Bush] aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

So this has been going on for a while. Right-wingers just don't have to confront facts they don't like any longer. They no longer have to watch to Edward R. Murrow dress down Joe McCarthy for his un-American demagoguery. They don't have to listen Walter Cronkite telling them the Vietnam War is lost. Those days are over -- they can simply switch the channel.

Now, they are tightly cocooned in the cozy world of FOX News, right-wing radio, conservative newspapers and wingnut blogs where high taxes and burdensome regulations are crushing the American dream, inflation is running rampant, businesses are suffering, global warming is a joke, homosexuality is a choice, illegal immigration is at all-time high, our scary Muslim enemies are on the march -- and if only Republicans could take power over the entire federal government again, those problems would all magically disappear.

Because of this highly-profitable right-wing media infrastructure so willing to deceive its consumers, and because conservative dogma has replaced fact-based analysis on the right, Republican candidates don't have an incentive to tell the truth. Quite the opposite.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting momsince1989:

No, Romney is not a "lier"....

But we have learned one thing for sure... Obama is painfully slow without his teleprompter.  Believe it or not, Obama ACTUALLY got 3 more minutes of air time than Romney!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN