Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

"I just don't know how the president could have come into office, facing 23 million people out of work, rising unemployment, an economic crisis at the -- at the kitchen table, and spend his energy and passion for two years fighting for Obamacare instead of fighting for jobs for the American people. It has killed jobs."

--Mitt Romney, Oct 3 Presidential Debate

This statement resonates.

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Replies (31-33):
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Quoting Sisteract:

Demand is what creates and sustains jobs.

I am glad that there is less demand for boots on the ground.

IMO, that is a positive change-

Military experts in the field and terrorist analysts are very concerned about leaving esp giving the terrorists a timetable of departure. You do not tell the enemy when you are leaving the battle field. I pay close attn. to terrorist sites, ongoin' reports and listen to experts. Ayman al-Zawahiri is strategically planning to enslave regions of the ME, Iraq in particular. Iran is patiently waiting for our soldiers to leave. Russia and China are plotting against America. They are chummy with many dictators and terrorist Nations. Smaller Communist Countries such as Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua etc. share intel and strategies in terms of deceiving the United States. The espouse a common goal, the destruction of the United States and Israel. The foreign policies of the Obama admin reflect a naive approach to the current dangers we are facing not only abroad but here in America. The recent deaths of 4 innocent Americans in Benghazi reveal a disconnect from reality esp since Obama claims terrorism is on it's way out b/c bin Laden is dead. Nothin' could be further from the truth. 80,000 soldiers will enter the unemployment lines, weakening the economy and America's Nat'l Security~

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting gsprofval:

The "shovel ready jobs" basically don't exist; at the most those are very short temporary jobs.

Fours years is quite long enough to make a difference; now the liberals say he is just now getting to it sometime in the quite distant future maybe.

Giving billions to bankrupt companies is not a smart move at all and created absolutely NO JOB at all.

Now companies are laying off in great numbers. The only jobs to be found right now are part time Christmas help; those will be very temporary too since predictions  are that Christmas gift sales will be low this year because of the fiscal cliff we are facing.

And let's not forget the 80,000 troops being laid off because of Obama policy.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/01/10/reminder_obama_to_lay_off_80000_us_soldiers

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

It is a great soundbite.  It isn't exactly true.  It indicates that he did that at the exclusion of jobs.  He did try to create jobs.  It's just that the "shovel ready" jobs are only now coming to fruition.  All of us that have a lot of road construction going on in our states right now?  That's where those jobs came from.  They took a lot longer to go through the local and state bureaucracies than we were led to believe.  This is going to be a long slog.  Anyone who thinks that Romney has some secret magic wand that he is going to wave and *poof* there will suddenly be all of these jobs is fooling herself.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

The jobs situation is going to be an issue for probably the next two years at least, regardless of who wins in November. We are in the midst of a global crisis, and is not totally within our control. If the President hadn't made healthcare a priority, it likely would never have gotten done.

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

It is a great soundbite.  It isn't exactly true.  It indicates that he did that at the exclusion of jobs.  He did try to create jobs.  It's just that the "shovel ready" jobs are only now coming to fruition.  All of us that have a lot of road construction going on in our states right now?  That's where those jobs came from.  They took a lot longer to go through the local and state bureaucracies than we were led to believe.  This is going to be a long slog.  Anyone who thinks that Romney has some secret magic wand that he is going to wave and *poof* there will suddenly be all of these jobs is fooling herself.

Romney gave concrete reasons for why the ACA ran counter to jobs: it hindered job growth, he discussed business uncertain about their abilities to pay under the new law, for instance. 

I was going to like this but realized I couldn't because I do not like your last sentence.

I agree that the problems are global and we are going to have continued problems for the foreseeable future regardless of who is elected.

I also think that Obama missed a golden opportunity for job creation when he gave the banks carte blanche bailouts, with no strings attached for lending to business to get projects moving.

And I think the healthcare law is a catastrophic issue for many people and we will see as it comes to fruition just how bad it is, and for how many.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

The jobs situation is going to be an issue for probably the next two years at least, regardless of who wins in November. We are in the midst of a global crisis, and is not totally within our control. If the President hadn't made healthcare a priority, it likely would never have gotten done.

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Romney gave concrete reasons for why the ACA ran counter to jobs: it hindered job growth, he discussed business uncertain about their abilities to pay under the new law, for instance. 

I was going to like this but realized I couldn't because I do not like your last sentence.

I agree that the problems are global and we are going to have continued problems for the foreseeable future regardless of who is elected.

I also think that Obama missed a golden opportunity for job creation when he gave the banks carte blanche bailouts, with no strings attached for lending to business to get projects moving.

And I think the healthcare law is a catastrophic issue for many people and we will see as it comes to fruition just how bad it is, and for how many.

Ah...but I didn't say it was a good thing.  I was simply taking a stab at why I thought he made that such a focus.  ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)