Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Curious-Question for Conservatives About the News

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, many of you make it clear that you consider most news sources unfairly biased.  I'm curious--which news sources do you consider fair and unbiased (or least biased)?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LIMom1105
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Bump, no thoughts?
jean_marie1987
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM
5 moms liked this

I think that is also a fair question for liberals.

JustCJ
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I was watching CNN the other night and felt they seemed pretty fair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy2bmom25
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM
3 moms liked this
I watch both local news, CNN and fox. Then I go with my gut on which spin to follow!
I do believe the news is not what it should be. Even with small local stories, the news does not always show the truth. For instance, there was a death near our home, and a family member of the decessed claimed the employees of the place of the death waited 25 minutes to call the ambulance, while time lapsed video showed less than two minutes had gone by, and the ambulance was called, and life saving measures were already taking place. The news never investigated, just aired the angry family members rant
How could you be a reporter of the news and not ask questions?.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deepthinker
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

C-span, world news, library of congress, and public records. I'll watch mainstream news once in a while as a sitcom. 

Edit:  I am a liberal... I just wanna show the difference, LOL..

LIMom1105
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Thanks for the replies!  I'm curious, especially since so many thought the RNC was fair and unbiased. Of course not, neither is the DNC.

Myself, of all the big news sources on TV, I do think CNN is probably the best. Certainly not unbiased, but probably least so (of the biggies again).  BBC I like since they do cover stories about international affairs that get little airtime here. 

I do like factcheck.org to check candidate claims.

Fox and MSNBC are entertainment for me, both are extreme in their views.  Morning Joe is more balanced, but it's all opinion, and I don't like the way Mika gets shouted down again and again.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Well.. I don't have cable so I can't say I get anything from there.  I pull up all sorts of sources on line.

I do dismiss anything from the Huffington Post.  I have yet to find an article that is straight up from there.  

LIMom1105
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting Jambo4:

Well.. I don't have cable so I can't say I get anything from there.  I pull up all sorts of sources on line.

I do dismiss anything from the Huffington Post.  I have yet to find an article that is straight up from there.  

Fair enough, most of their site is opinion. I like reading some opinion sites and blogs too, but I don't take anything as truth in them.
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:58 PM
4 moms liked this

ALL news sources are biased -- Most lean left, a few lean right. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM
5 moms liked this

FYI - FactCheck.org and Politifact are both left-leaning. 

The Annenberg Public Policy Center of U of Pennsylvania, which owns FactCheck.org, used to be a conservative organization that turned liberal when the couple died and their estate passed on to the new owners.

We conservatives have to do our own fact checking.

Quoting LIMom1105:

Thanks for the replies!  I'm curious, especially since so many thought the RNC was fair and unbiased. Of course not, neither is the DNC.

Myself, of all the big news sources on TV, I do think CNN is probably the best. Certainly not unbiased, but probably least so (of the biggies again).  BBC I like since they do cover stories about international affairs that get little airtime here. 

I do like factcheck.org to check candidate claims.

Fox and MSNBC are entertainment for me, both are extreme in their views.  Morning Joe is more balanced, but it's all opinion, and I don't like the way Mika gets shouted down again and again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN