Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Bill Maher Tears Down the Republican Myth that Obama has Ruined America

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 15 Replies

Quote:

It just doesn’t feel like Obama has ruined America. Republicans used to talk a lot about this thing called the stock market, and how it helped not just the rich, but middle class folks whose pensions and 401ks depended on it, well now they never seem to mention the stock market. Perhaps, because under President Blackenstein the Dow has doubled, or as Republicans call it, devastating economic news.

Now, there certainly still is poverty in our country, but it’s obviously among the underclass that you don’t see. The very people that today’s Republicans could give a sh*t about, so I don’t understand why they’re all so upset about the economy, except of course, it’s their big issue. So they have to pretend that America is a rotten compost where people are eating cat food and wiping their ass with the Pennysaver. And weirdly, Obama kind of has to pretend that too, because if he doesn’t, then he’s out of touch.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I have no respect for Bill Maher, nor his opinion. Maher has a stage where he could be be a voice for good but he chooses to spew hatred, mock conservative women, spouts blasphemous religious comments and pretends he cares about the middle class and poverty. He even mocks the dead absent of any regard for their families and friends.

futureshock
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I love Bill Maher.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Good grief, BK, I share your distaste for Maher's costume there, but that alone doesn't make everything he says irrelevant.  I don't agree with him on everything, but sometimes he has some excellent points.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

He spouts off BS and the ignorant eat it up like it's fact.  SSDD

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Don't like the way the flight attendent landed the plane after werewolves ate the flight crew? Stop electing werewolves.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Nice to see you here!

Quoting futureshock:

I love Bill Maher.

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:52 AM

He's in denial.46 Million people are living in poverty (on The Food Stamp President's watch).

Maher can't make up his mind. I think he has Buyer's Remorse.

(HBO)

During his HBO show on Friday, Liberal comedian Bill Maher, who donated $1 million to a pro-Obama Super PAC earlier this year, jokingly wondered what President Obama spent his money on after watching his poor debate performance this week, saying it looked like the president spent his entire donation on “weed.”

“I’m sorry, he sucked. He looked tired. He had trouble getting his answers out. He looked like he took my million and spent it all on weed,” Maher said.

The comedian said Obama looked “disinterested” and “annoyed” at the debate while his rival Mitt Romney looked “all charged up.”

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Just because he was disappointed with the President's debate performance, doesn't mean he's suddenly a Republican. 

That sweetpea serves you well.

Quoting imamomzilla:

He's in denial.46 Million people are living in poverty (on The Food President's watch).

(HBO)

During his HBO show on Friday, Liberal comedian Bill Maher, who donated $1 million to a pro-Obama Super PAC earlier this year, jokingly wondered what President Obama spent his money on after watching his poor debate performance this week, saying it looked like the president spent his entire donation on “weed.”

blank stare

“I’m sorry, he sucked. He looked tired. He had trouble getting his answers out. He looked like he took my million and spent it all on weed,” Maher said.

The comedian said Obama looked “disinterested” and “annoyed” at the debate while his rival Mitt Romney looked “all charged up.”

shimamab
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM
What's that costume supposed to be?

Quoting PamR:

Good grief, BK, I share your distaste for Maher's costume there, but that alone doesn't make everything he says irrelevant.  I don't agree with him on everything, but sometimes he has some excellent points.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM

What's with the ad hominem attacks, Kate?

I don't smoke.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Just because he was disappointed with the President's debate performance, doesn't mean he's suddenly a Republican. 

That sweetpea serves you well.

Quoting imamomzilla:

He's in denial.46 Million people are living in poverty (on The Food President's watch).

(HBO)

blank stare

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN