Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Poll: Romney Beating Obama Among Military Voters By Massive 2-1 Margin…

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

It’s almost like the military isn’t fond of their current Commander-in-Chief.

Via Military Times:

The professional core of the U.S. military overwhelmingly favors Mitt Romney over President Obama in the upcoming election — but not because of any particular military issues, according to a new poll of more than 3,100 active and reserve troops.

Respondents rated the economy and the candidates’ character as their most important considerations and all but ignored the war in Afghanistan as an issue of concern.

The Military Times Poll is a secure email survey of active-duty, National Guard and reserve members who are subscribers to the Military Times newspapers.

This population is older and more senior than the military population at large, but it is representative of the professional core of the all-volunteer force.

The 3,100 respondents — roughly two-thirds active-duty and one-third reserve component members — are about 80 percent white and 91 percent male. Forty percent are in paygrades E-5 through E-8, while more than 35 percent are in paygrades O-3 through O-5.

Almost 80 percent of respondents have a college degree — including 27 percent with a graduate degree and more than 11 percent with a post-graduate degree — while an additional 18.5 percent have some college under their belts.

And they are battle-hardened; almost 29 percent have spent more than two cumulative years deployed since 9/11, while a similar percentage has spent one to two cumulative years deployed.

The Military Times poll shows that Republicans continue to enjoy overwhelming support among the military’s professional ranks.

(wz)

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh no can't let this happen..find a way to make sure alot cannot vote ..no ballots in time whatever.

sarcasm

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM
2 moms liked this

It's so sad that obama and his cronies are doing all the can to keep military personnel from voting because he knows he won't get their votes.  This is typical obama land crap that is one more way to show how awful and evil he is.

obama also wants to cut military funds so these same people are out of jobs when they are the ones who protect our county.

Another:

timeforprogress
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Why should I care? 

timeforprogress
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Exactly what has the president done to keep military personnel from voting?

Quoting gsprofval:

It's so sad that obama and his cronies are doing all the can to keep military personnel from voting because he knows he won't get their votes.  This is typical obama land crap that is one more way to show how awful and evil he is.

obama also wants to cut military funds so these same people are out of jobs when they are the ones who protect our county.

Another:

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

If I was the military I would be "wondering" what all Obama has in store for them...

denise3680
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

President OBama has not done one thing to prevent any military members from voting, that is a bold face lie, period point blank. 

denise3680
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

If I was the military I would be "wondering" what all Obama has in store for them...

that is an odd question:/  Most military members I know are wondering what other war Romney is trying to get us into, if he does become President:/

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

that is an odd question:/  Most military members I know are wondering what other war Romney is trying to get us into, if he does become President:/

Well, I was referring to "downsizing"..but now that you brought that up..look around you.. Looks like fireworks have already started in the middle east.. I have NO idea what that nut Iranian president is going to do, or RUSSIA, or "whoever" but I don't want someone in office handling these things that has nothing to offer but "apologies" and/or AFTER the fact (as in Libya) decides to make up crap excuses as to why things happened.  One thing is Clinton lying to the American public about what happened with Monica in the WH..another is lying about what happened when it concerns our embassies (sp) and an ambassador and others being murdered....

denise3680
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Well, I was referring to "downsizing"..but now that you brought that up..look around you.. Looks like fireworks have already started in the middle east.. I have NO idea what that nut Iranian president is going to do, or RUSSIA, or "whoever" but I don't want someone in office handling these things that has nothing to offer but "apologies" and/or AFTER the fact (as in Libya) decides to make up crap excuses as to why things happened.  One thing is Clinton lying to the American public about what happened with Monica in the WH..another is lying about what happened when it concerns our embassies (sp) and an ambassador and others being murdered....

so tell me, you as a nonmilitary wife how would you feel if your husband was constantly going to another country to fight with the possibility of not coming home alive, or wounded or with severe cases of ptsd?  It is easy to say, yes lets send them off to war to help everyone an anyone, when it is not directly effecting you.  I and many other military wives or husbands or mothers/fathers, are sick and tired of fighting someone else's wars.  I realize, that is their job, but please do tell me, how easy would it be for you to sitback and watch politicians play Russian roulette with a loved one of yours. Downsizing is not new, if you cannot do your job then you have no reason to keep it, period. They are promoting the ones that deserve it and getting rid of the ones who cannot hold the mustard.  He is nt damaging the military infact it need to be more streamlined and aggressive.  We are the best military in he world, better trained, more efficient and it is widely known that if you cannot pass a pt test, cannot make rank or get in trouble alot, or on constant profile then you are not fit to wear the uniform.  Name one civilian job that would keep people who could not properly preform their job or hell even do it??  I am waiting.  If you cannot do what they hired you to do then they get rid of you, period.

_Kissy_
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM
3 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)