Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Poll: Romney Beating Obama Among Military Voters By Massive 2-1 Margin…

Posted by   + Show Post

It’s almost like the military isn’t fond of their current Commander-in-Chief.

Via Military Times:

The professional core of the U.S. military overwhelmingly favors Mitt Romney over President Obama in the upcoming election — but not because of any particular military issues, according to a new poll of more than 3,100 active and reserve troops.

Respondents rated the economy and the candidates’ character as their most important considerations and all but ignored the war in Afghanistan as an issue of concern.

The Military Times Poll is a secure email survey of active-duty, National Guard and reserve members who are subscribers to the Military Times newspapers.

This population is older and more senior than the military population at large, but it is representative of the professional core of the all-volunteer force.

The 3,100 respondents — roughly two-thirds active-duty and one-third reserve component members — are about 80 percent white and 91 percent male. Forty percent are in paygrades E-5 through E-8, while more than 35 percent are in paygrades O-3 through O-5.

Almost 80 percent of respondents have a college degree — including 27 percent with a graduate degree and more than 11 percent with a post-graduate degree — while an additional 18.5 percent have some college under their belts.

And they are battle-hardened; almost 29 percent have spent more than two cumulative years deployed since 9/11, while a similar percentage has spent one to two cumulative years deployed.

The Military Times poll shows that Republicans continue to enjoy overwhelming support among the military’s professional ranks.

(wz)

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Replies (31-40):
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting _Kissy_:

Kissy, I would like to add, I'm a member of a large Military family. Not every young man nor woman is inspired to join the Military. Many choose a different path and vocation in life, including the President's sons and daughters. You can love and deeply respect your Country and not serve as a soldier during war. I'm sorry you do not understand this~

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting MomTiara19:

Liar and Chief

Jambo4      good

7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM
3 moms liked this
I doubt you will get a reply. It seems to me, Kissy posts multiple provocative titles, many irrelevant in my opinion, and only adds a snarky comment when she just can't stand it. My guess ... She's probably one of the paid posters for the Obama sponsorship I read about in another thread.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting _Kissy_:

Kissy, I would like to add, I'm a member of a large Military family. Not every young man nor woman is inspired to join the Military. Many choose a different path and vocation in life, including the President's sons and daughters. You can love and deeply respect your Country and not serve as a soldier during war. I'm sorry you do not understand this~

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

I doubt you will get a reply. It seems to me, Kissy posts multiple provocative titles, many irrelevant in my opinion, and only adds a snarky comment when she just can't stand it. My guess ... She's probably one of the paid posters for the Obama sponsorship I read about in another thread.

I agree, she ignores anyone who sincerely challenges her opinions. I am familiar with Kissy for a few yrs. now. Her views echo the radical progressive left here in America. I doubt she has ever done any comprehensive research in terms of the Iraq and Afghan wars. A passion of mine since March 19, 2003 when American soldiers entered Iraq. Obviously she fails to understand the responsibility of the President, the oath they take @ inauguration to protect Americans and this Nation from foreign enemies. The President's children are not obligated to join the Military during a time of war. Many Americans fulfill this obligation thru dedication and a deep respect for the Country they love. I have the greatest respect for our beloved soldiers. I lost high school buddies and friends during the Vietnam War. The tremendous sacrifice of so many continues to overwhelm me~

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting _Kissy_:

denise3680
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

If I was the military I would be "wondering" what all Obama has in store for them...

that is an odd question:/  Most military members I know are wondering what other war Romney is trying to get us into, if he does become President:/

Well, I was referring to "downsizing"..but now that you brought that up..look around you.. Looks like fireworks have already started in the middle east.. I have NO idea what that nut Iranian president is going to do, or RUSSIA, or "whoever" but I don't want someone in office handling these things that has nothing to offer but "apologies" and/or AFTER the fact (as in Libya) decides to make up crap excuses as to why things happened.  One thing is Clinton lying to the American public about what happened with Monica in the WH..another is lying about what happened when it concerns our embassies (sp) and an ambassador and others being murdered....

so tell me, you as a nonmilitary wife how would you feel if your husband was constantly going to another country to fight with the possibility of not coming home alive, or wounded or with severe cases of ptsd?  Both OF my brothers served..one did two tours in Vietnam, one did one.. All MY uncles and my aunt's husband served either in the Navy (one reitired military) and/or army.. My great uncle served in the army and went to war. What..you think because Im not married to military..it makes a difference if they get ptsd or don't come home..pretty gutsy of you..  It is easy to say, yes lets send them off to war to help everyone an anyone, when it is not directly effecting you.  (WHO said that). and many other military wives or husbands or mothers/fathers, are sick and tired of fighting someone else's wars I don't disagree there. . I realize, that is their job, but please do tell me, how easy would it be for you to sitback and watch politicians play Russian roulette with a loved one of yours.  AGAIN..you "assumed".. I remember well when my brother came home from Vietnam after the second tour..like it was YESTERDAY. Downsizing is not new, if you cannot do your job then you have no reason to keep it, period. They are promoting the ones that deserve it and getting rid of the ones who cannot hold the mustard. The PRESIDENT CAN''T HOLD the MUSTARD.. He is nt damaging the military infact it need to be more streamlined and aggressive. By downsizing?  We are the best military in he world, better trained, more efficient and it is widely known that if you cannot pass a pt test, cannot make rank or get in trouble alot, or on constant profile then you are not fit to wear the uniform. .  Did you ever apply or take a test Did you ever want to join?  I did..I took the airforce test, passed and then found out I was pregnant so didn't join up. ..Name one civilian job that would keep people who could not properly preform their job or hell even do it??  So you are saying..that everyone that Obama is downsizing..and bases that may be closing are because of  bad job performance. I am waiting.  . If you cannot do what they hired you to do then they get rid of you, period. Yes..and now they "drone" American citizens...thank you to Obama..

gustsy of me, really?  yes downsizing, Bush 1 down sized also, it did nto hurt the military it is not hurting it now.  I am not going to argue with about the military and downsizing, I get my information on unfit soliders from a solider so you keep living in Vietnam era .I was active duty army, so yes for your information I did take all the test, basic and everything else that comes with it.  The military gets rid of alot of people if they are unable or unwilling to perform their jobs.  If you are so versed in military precedures, you would know you cannot get fired from the military?  is that what you think?  fail to pass a pt test, unable to make rank, article 15's, weight, if you have 20 years in and are not going to make the next rank.   I could talk to my mom about a husband coming home from Vietnam and having a different person, I could tell you about growing up with a father who was most cetainly a different person from the one that left. 

I get my information on unfit soliders from a solider so you keep living in Vietnam era So...the vietnam soldiers don't count and you GET information from a soldier.  Oh yea..YOU obviously know what you're talking about.. And I'm living in the  Vietnam era eh?  I wont even taint my brothers' honor to  commit to their country by serving in the military to even respond to your arrogance.

oh please, noone is tainting anyones honor, give me a break miss over the top.  My father is a vietnam vet, why would I taint anyones honor, what a freaking drama queen.  IF you ask your brother he will also tell you about unfit soldiers in that era also.  You are a prime example of why people need to stop using our military mena nd women to try andprove their opinion of thinking they are right or wrong.  I spent my time in the military and know about soldiers who do nto preform their jobs correctly or at all, unfit, so they got put out.  YOu live in the vietnam era but you have no clue what it was like being in vietnam, I bet your brother does not like to talk about it, my dad or any other vet I know really do not either, it was a very bad war.  I am not arrogant, I talk to soldiers everyday that are living this crap war and its effects on them, how about you?

broncfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting _Kissy_:

Kissy, if you are going "there" with Romney's sons not being in the military.  I want to know what your opinion is of BO putting his girls in private school, a school that only the rich can afford.  If the public schools are good enough for all of us why not them?  And do not give me the security BS, any school can be secured.

denise3680
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Quoting broncfan:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting _Kissy_:

Kissy, if you are going "there" with Romney's sons not being in the military.  I want to know what your opinion is of BO putting his girls in private school, a school that only the rich can afford.  If the public schools are good enough for all of us why not them?  And do not give me the security BS, any school can be secured.

I am sorry, but what does this have to do with military experience or wars?  It is his choice to put his children in a private school, just like it would be yours or anyone elses.  How about instead of being mad at the President for wanting the best for his children, darn Parents wanting the best for their kids, how dare they:/  You really cannot be serious about this.  YOu get mad that people want to keep cutting education instead of revamping and fixing it for ALL children no matter what the parents income or where they live.

itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Its nice to know Romney is also way up from previous numbers with women.. I think Obamas game is unraveling fast
broncfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting broncfan:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting _Kissy_:

I am sorry, but what does this have to do with military experience or wars?  It is his choice to put his children in a private school, just like it would be yours or anyone elses.  How about instead of being mad at the President for wanting the best for his children, darn Parents wanting the best for their kids, how dare they:/  You really cannot be serious about this.  YOu get mad that people want to keep cutting education instead of revamping and fixing it for ALL children no matter what the parents income or where they live.

My point exactly, Kissy made it a point to put Romney's family in a post that they did not join the military yet a President might have to go to war, indicating that he is willing to send other people's children into harms way but not his own.  My comparison is that BO is not willing to put his kids in the same situations as other people's children are in.  That is why I believe in vouchers, give everybody a equal chance.  My kids are in private school, I will scrub potties, if I have to, to keep them there.  And yes I do get mad about our education system, it should be returned to the states and the Dept. of Education should be closed.

It is not about military experience it is about the fact that Romney's kids being or not being in the military should not be used anymore than BO's kids being in private school.  You know the ole "good for the goose" thing. 

rccmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

If I was the military I would be "wondering" what all Obama has in store for them...

If I were still active duty I sure know I would be upset that he was getting us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Darn, I would want to keep up the level of deployments and time away from my family. Heavy sarcasm here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN