Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

October 8, 2012

Nickelodeon states that Mitt Romney opted out of the chance to take part in a “Kids Pick the President” special that includes his President Obama. The  TV channel for children said Monday that the Republican Presidential candidate declined to be involved in the special, while President Obama participated, the AP reports.

I

Videotaped questions are included in the program for the candidates from children across America. Afterward, viewers can vote for their pick for president.

The show’s host and producer Linda Ellerbee said that candidates show “respect for kids” by answering their questions and called Romney’s decision disappointing. This isn’t the first time Romney has shunned questions, but it is from children.  I’m going to wager a guess – the disrespect shown, will cost Romney votes with children today for their pick. Perhaps children have more common sense than adults, considering the the number of Romney supporters — some of which did not care for him only months ago. There is something wrong with a politician who cannot take children’s questions, yet feels he can lead the most powerful country on Earth.

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for comment.

In the Nickelodeon special, Obama is asked about issues including jobs, immigration and bullying.

It will air on Oct. 15, with no answers from Mitt Romney.

Image: AP. That pic is screaming for a caption by the way.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-refuses-to-take-questions-from-children-on-kids-pick-the-president-obama-participated/

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Replies (11-16):
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM
3 moms liked this

You obviously are lacking in something that just doesn't allow you to "get it".  Romeny spoke with the kids AND answered questions at this elementary school.  So, seen and not heard?  No.  But continue to spin things the way you do.  It's predictable. 

Quoting JonJon:

Romney might be of the old-fashioned  belief children are to be seen (with) and not heard.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM
3 moms liked this

1) Nickelodeon is owned by a partisan Democrat.

2) Linda Ellerbee is a partisan Democrat.

3) Is this a statistically valid poll, or just a group of kids? Kids tend to "vote" for the candidate their parents favor.

4) There are a lot of valid reasons to not appear on certain shows (eg, Letterman has invited Romney to his show several times, but he also calls him a felon; Obama did not speak at the NAACP, but sent Biden in his place).

5) And the most obvious answer:  There are 27 days until the election, two additional presidential debates, and the VP debate Thursday.  In that situation, smart candidates focus on swing state voters and the debates, not children aged 4-9 who can't vote.  

JonJon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I guess he figured he could handle elementary school kids.  Middle School kids might have been too much of a challenge.

Quoting jcrew6:

You obviously are lacking in something that just doesn't allow you to "get it".  Romeny spoke with the kids AND answered questions at this elementary school.  So, seen and not heard?  No.  But continue to spin things the way you do.  It's predictable. 

Quoting JonJon:

Romney might be of the old-fashioned  belief children are to be seen (with) and not heard.

PeeperSqueak
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM
4 moms liked this

Exactly ; )

Quoting jcrew6:

I guess since Obama couldn't handle questions from Jim Leherer~ Sponge Bob might be more up his alley...

Saerise
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I remember noticing Ellerbee's blatant bias when I was a kid growing up watching Nickelodeon. Of course Obama would show up to a slathering worshipfest for himself. It strokes his ego.

Quoting SallyMJ:

3) Is this a statistically valid poll, or just a group of kids? Kids tend to "vote" for the candidate their parents favor.

4) There are a lot of valid reasons to not appear on certain shows (eg, Letterman has invited Romney to his show several times, but he also calls him a felon; Obama did not speak at the NAACP, but sent Biden in his place).

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting SallyMJ:

I wasn't aware about nick owner. We aren't big into tv for kids in our home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN