Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OFF Topic: Halloween birthday party suggestions...

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM
  • 24 Replies

I'm tired of all the bickering so I would like some feedback from you creative Moms.  I'm supposed to be researching ideas for my daughter's 8 year old b-day party on Friday.

Give me some ideas for a cake...  for party food, activities... etc!  I scheduled it for a sleepover starting a 7pm so I don't need to serve dinner.. just some fun snacks.

And breakfast.. what to do there?

Let me pick your brain.... please! big smile mini

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

This is cute and easy wink mini

broncfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Do a "eye hunt" get the candies that look like eyes and hide them like Easter eggs or paint rocks black to hide and let them trade them for junk prizes after the hunt. No need for favor bags. DO punch with dry ice and let them decorate their own cupcakes. Party done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not that creative, but I love the idea of a Halloween themed birthday party!!  Halloween really is my favorite.

My first impulse is to go old-school.  You could dive for apples, pin-the-tail on the donkey (or, pin the smile on the pumpkin?), buy lots of halloween makeup and do a scary/funny face contest or go online to find how-tos for specific faces (cats, etc), a spooky story contest....

You could let them decorate halloween sugar cookies.  What about buying a bunch of the tiny decorative pumpkins and let the kids decorate them with magic markers?

Breakfast - find Halloween cookie cutters and do pancakes.  :) 

broncfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Love the little pumpkin idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Loving these ideas!!!!!

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

OH, and something I've found tried and true for kid's parties - buy a BUNCH of silly string, perhaps 1 to 2 cans each, and turn them loose in the yard before it gets dark.  That will wear them out.  ;)

It's biodegradable and washes away the first time it rains.  Won't stain clothes either.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes dry ice rocks!  Just be super careful.  We buy ours at a local grocery store (I think it's intended use is to flash freeze fish etc), and you'll only need a little bit.

Look it up before you buy it, as you can't touch it with your hands and need tongs to move it around.  I don't think you can put it in your freezer either.  (??)

Even if you just throw a chunk in a bathtub of water, the kids will be amazed.

Quoting broncfan:

Do a "eye hunt" get the candies that look like eyes and hide them like Easter eggs or paint rocks black to hide and let them trade them for junk prizes after the hunt. No need for favor bags. DO punch with dry ice and let them decorate their own cupcakes. Party done

broncfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Sleepovers are great for doing pillows, get cheap ones and cases then stencil with the girls and let every one sign each others. My daughter still has hers from her 8 year old party
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Pumpkin coloring with stickers.

Euphoric
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Cookie decorating contest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)