Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OFF Topic: Halloween birthday party suggestions...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm tired of all the bickering so I would like some feedback from you creative Moms.  I'm supposed to be researching ideas for my daughter's 8 year old b-day party on Friday.

Give me some ideas for a cake...  for party food, activities... etc!  I scheduled it for a sleepover starting a 7pm so I don't need to serve dinner.. just some fun snacks.

And breakfast.. what to do there?

Let me pick your brain.... please! big smile mini

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Replies (21-24):
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My birthday is November 3rd, and most of my birthday parties were Halloween birthday parties.

We did bobbing for apples, sometimes my mother would hang them on strings from the ceiling and make kids put their hands behind their back to eat them, we'd come in costume and there would be a costume contest with scariest, prettiest, best homemade, etc., you can have as many categories as you want.  We did trick or treat in the house for the goodie bags, with candy in bowls in different parts of the house and kids given bags to collect candy.  We did freeze dance and other dance contests, and one of them was you had to actually dance as whatever it is you came as.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My hubby's b-day is halloween, so here are some cakes that I've done:

A pumpkin---bake 2 bunt cakes, stack them and use orange icing.  then stick an icecream cone in the top hole for a stem, and use green icing to coat it.

I have done that in a past for a party and it was very cute.  She didn't want it. :(

A round cake with white icing then make a spiral with hershey syrup and use a toothpick to pull out lines to make a spiderweb.  Then stick an upside down reece's cup in a corner and draw some legs with black icing.

I did decide to do something like this, but I didn't think of hershey syrup!  I like that idea!  I was thinking a ding dong spider in the center, but a RC would work well too (less expensive too).  I saw some cute spiders made out of oreo cookies so I am going to have them spaced around the side, hanging down on a spider string.  I was thinking black licorice but maybe the choc syrup idea will be better to work with.. 

A graveyard--- cookie tombstones. 

I also did a melted witch once.... Make a big chocolate and stick a pointy ice cream cone on it to make the hat.  Icen a circular cake with green.  Then stick two thick peppermint sticks out of one side for her stocking legs. oh.. that sounds so cute!

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove:

My birthday is November 3rd, and most of my birthday parties were Halloween birthday parties.

We did bobbing for apples, sometimes my mother would hang them on strings from the ceiling and make kids put their hands behind their back to eat them, we'd come in costume and there would be a costume contest with scariest, prettiest, best homemade, etc., you can have as many categories as you want.  We did trick or treat in the house for the goodie bags, with candy in bowls in different parts of the house and kids given bags to collect candy.  We did freeze dance and other dance contests, and one of them was you had to actually dance as whatever it is you came as.

Awesome ideas!  

They are supposed to come in costume so we'll have to have a contest. ;)

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Let them bring flashlights and make a fort under the table with sleeping bags and pillows.

Do paper cutouts to make shapes on the wall using the flashlights.

Dance to "Thriller" if they won't be too scared.

Get as much done beforehand as possible, so you can enjoy it too as much as possible :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)