Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Have You Had Enough Blatant Lies?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM
  • 44 Replies

Hi,

This is my thoughts after reading a post called "Have you had enough broken promises"?

I just wanted to clarify somethings from a democrat perspective.

No person that would have stepped into office at the time Obama stepped in office could fix the economy within 4 years.

I am not making an excuse I am stating a fact.

Number two....Like it or not Obama had 2 choices during our recession.

1)Keep government assistance in place.Why?.....so as to protect people from being hit with job loss which =no medical=no food=homelessness.Keep American jobs in place like Ford which saved millions of jobs.Save banks....so they could help people like myself who almost lost their houses.Keep medicare in place for seniors.Keep medicaid in place for moms with disabled children,keep education in place to help with teachers,programs,and loans.Basically Obama had to keep a safety net so we wouldn't collapse from recession to depression.

or

2)Stop all government programs and let a collapse happen.Let each state handle their own and divvy up money for the needy(Which is Romneys care plan in a nut shell....real presidential...let the states handle his job while hes in office kissing his millions).Please someone tell me how this way wouldn't put us further into a depression??

What choice did our president have?He protected us and he will continue.

Romney on the other hand if in office will be the one that will have a trail of promises un kept with the same Bush policies that got us in this mess to begin with.

~Tia 

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Yes.. I have had enough of blatant lies..

4 and OUT THE DOOR!

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Quoting Jambo4:

4 and OUT THE DOOR!

Hi,

I get you are for Romney...but you really dont have answers.Your hate for Obama is personal.Romney is charming but full of lies.My personal issue with Romney is his policies.It is very sad that you care more about charisma than character.

~Tia

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MomTiara19:

Quoting Jambo4:

4 and OUT THE DOOR!

Hi,

I get you are for Romney...but you really dont have answers.Your hate for Obama is personal.Romney is charming but full of lies my personal issue is his policies.It is very sad that you care more about charisma than character.

~Tia

"charming"... cute in your own condescending way... lol

Now the reason I didn't address your rather biased and personal hate of Romney is because you are coming from a position of supposition.  You are assuming that Romney is not going to make due on his promises.  Me, on the other hand have Obama's record.. and that speaks volumes over your hope that he will somehow make these next four years into something these last four years haven't.

BTW... Reagan did it in 4... Obama... I'd like to hold him to at least one promise.

added: Also, I do not hate Obama.  If he had policies that I thought were going to benefit America, I'd be behind him.  Instead he will go down as the worst president in United States history who was elected on emotion and not on his skills or accomplishments (insert the "winning" of the Nobel Peace prize)

I have no doubt that Obama is sincere in wanting the best for the American people.  The problem is that his is impotent and misguided.  (one does wonder who is doing the guiding ;)...  Obama would be great.  I like him fine as a person and looks like a good family man.  He just doesn't have what it takes to be a leader and America deserves more.  

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Quoting MomTiara19:
.It is very sad that you care more about charisma than character.

~Tia

btw.. I'd love you to find ONE post where I've ever emphasized Romney's charisma.  I am constantly talking about Romney's rather wonderful and much needed set of skills.

Or are you talking about Obama's charisma... which is all  he's got going for him.  Which is it?  

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

broncfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I do not think I have heard anybody say we should do away with social programs.  In fact I hear Republicans say that it is because of BO and his failures that so many are requiring these programs.  The Republican party wants to get people back to work, earning their own money so not only do they not require government help but that they are paying into the system.  The party that I support want people working so they are not dependent.

No, I do not think anybody thinks the economy could be completely turned around in 4 years, what I think is that BO has not done the right things and we are not headed in the right direction.  Example:  GM - BO bails out GM with tax payers dollars.  He works a deal, like no other deal in history, that protects the unions but ruins the stockholders and the unsecured creditors.  Why were the unions more important than the unsecured creditors? votes.   He also wasted billions of dollars on the "green energy" folks, money just thrown away, poor judgement, IMO.   Promises of shovel ready jobs, with more borrowed money, that were not shovel ready.  In general just inept policies and poor leadership. 

Now we have the ME problem, a president that considers 4 lives "a bump in the road", that is more concerned with his campaign than addressing in a mature, respectful way the fact that we have a problem that we were hit by terrorist and that our people were tortured and killed.  Again, a leadership problem.

OP, you seem to be very concerned that if MR is elected you will lose your government help.  I have seen nothing in all the thousands of pages  that I have read that says anybody that needs help will lose help. You may have to prove your need, but that is a good thing because those that really have a need will be taken care of and those without a real need will not be taking away from you.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting MomTiara19:
.It is very sad that you care more about charisma than character.

~Tia

btw.. I'd love you to find ONE post where I've ever emphasized Romney's charisma.  I am constantly talking about Romney's rather wonderful and much needed set of skills.

Or are you talking about Obama's charisma... which is all  he's got going for him.  Which is it?  

Obama's charisma failed him during the first debate...another failure....

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Obama spoke of his promise to cut the deficit in half AFTER he was president. Not as an election campaign. He failed.
Obama campaigned throughout America selling his ObamaCare as making healthcare affordable. He lied.
Obama promised his Stimulus was about shovel ready jobs. Then admitted there was no such thing as a shovel ready job. Obama blatantly lied to the American people.
Obama has stood up for Eric Holder, a manipulative, questionable individual that has no place being our DOJ.
Obama lied about having lobbyists in his administration.
Obama put CEO's (who are notorious for outsourcing) as heads of his job council, then criticized Repunlicans for their 'outsourcing' .
Obama pushed green jobs. He used government to pick winners and losers. And taxpayers lost.
Most recently, Obama lied about Benghazi. He blamed a Youtube video. He used taxpayer money to creat and distribute tv ads across the Middle East, APOLOGIZING for 20 min YouTube video.
He is not NOT a leader.
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep government assistance in place?

Which politician wants to rid the US of government assistance?
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Save banks? The federal government should NOT be in the business of picking which banks should be bailed out.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi,

This is my thoughts after reading a post called "Have you had enough broken promises"?

I just wanted to clarify somethings from a democrat perspective.

No person that would have stepped into office at the time Obama stepped in office could fix the economy within 4 years.

I am not making an excuse I am stating a fact.

Number two....Like it or not Obama had 2 choices during our recession.

1)Keep government assistance in place.Why?.....so as to protect people from being hit with job loss which =no medical=no food=homelessness.Keep American jobs in place like Ford which saved millions of jobs.Save banks....so they could help people like myself who almost lost their houses.Keep medicare in place for seniors.Keep medicaid in place for moms with disabled children,keep education in place to help with teachers,programs,and loans.Basically Obama had to keep a safety net so we wouldn't collapse from recession to depression.

or

2)Stop all government programs and let a collapse happen.Let each state handle their own and divvy up money for the needy(Which is Romneys care plan in a nut shell....real presidential...let the states handle his job while hes in office kissing his millions).Please someone tell me how this way wouldn't put us further into a depression??

What choice did our president have?He protected us and he will continue.

Romney on the other hand if in office will be the one that will have a trail of promises un kept with the same Bush policies that got us in this mess to begin with.

~Tia 

lnrmom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

OP: No matter what you say Obama is satan in R&R supporters eyes. Even though their "champion" is the one who did a complete about face at the debate. If I were Obama, I wouldn't have looked at him either out of fear I'd lose my composure and crack up. Lord knows I was falling out of my chair laughing so hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN