Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Have You Had Enough Blatant Lies?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

This is my thoughts after reading a post called "Have you had enough broken promises"?

I just wanted to clarify somethings from a democrat perspective.

No person that would have stepped into office at the time Obama stepped in office could fix the economy within 4 years.

I am not making an excuse I am stating a fact.

Number two....Like it or not Obama had 2 choices during our recession.

1)Keep government assistance in place.Why?.....so as to protect people from being hit with job loss which =no medical=no food=homelessness.Keep American jobs in place like Ford which saved millions of jobs.Save banks....so they could help people like myself who almost lost their houses.Keep medicare in place for seniors.Keep medicaid in place for moms with disabled children,keep education in place to help with teachers,programs,and loans.Basically Obama had to keep a safety net so we wouldn't collapse from recession to depression.

or

2)Stop all government programs and let a collapse happen.Let each state handle their own and divvy up money for the needy(Which is Romneys care plan in a nut shell....real presidential...let the states handle his job while hes in office kissing his millions).Please someone tell me how this way wouldn't put us further into a depression??

What choice did our president have?He protected us and he will continue.

Romney on the other hand if in office will be the one that will have a trail of promises un kept with the same Bush policies that got us in this mess to begin with.

~Tia 

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Replies (31-40):
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
So, it doesn't matter WHAT the article YOU posted is based on? Then why did you post it? Lol. Wow.

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting lnrmom:

This article's baseline is based on the assumption of ObamaCare in place. Ryan's plan's baseline is of 2012 assumptions, thus removing ObamaCare from the cost equation.

Doesn't matter what the article is based on or with or without ObamaCare, that is irrelevant. He is still proposing to make cuts to programs that help the least of us. If you think I read ONE article or listed to ONE source to get my information you're sadly mistaken. Everything I've read, everything I've heard, everything says the same things. His plan is going to take from the programs helping the poor and give to the rich. I'm not okay with that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM
What real Budget plans of Obama's do you stand behind?

Quoting NancSBRN:

I do not think it would of matter who was president these last 4 years it took decades to create this shit storm of a financial collapse it will take more then 4 years or probably even 8 before we really start seeing things get close to back to normal.

I have heard no real plans, from Romney other then well we see after I get elected. I am gonig to give you a tax break with one hand and take away you deductions with the other hand. REALLY?

Fact is we are seeing progress and anyone that thinks everything should be hunky dory by now is not getting how bad things could of been.

Reagan did not have as big of issues as we saw in 2007 and 2008 come down. And he raised taxes, so did H. Bush and Clinton and and you know what I still did better back then.

Many State are in no shape to take on all that Romney would have them take over.  If that happened you would see you taxes raise either way if not the Federal Taxes you start taxes will shoot up We already pay more to our State then Federal Taxes.

You cannot Give Tax Breaks with one hand and Take away the Deductions with ther other hand that is  not going to do a damn thing for the Average Middle class person in fact I would more then likely Raise your taxes. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting lnrmom:

OP: No matter what you say Obama is satan in R&R supporters eyes. Even though their "champion" is the one who did a complete about face at the debate. If I were Obama, I wouldn't have looked at him either out of fear I'd lose my composure and crack up. Lord knows I was falling out of my chair laughing so hard.

This response makes no sense. I brought up legitimate points about Obama, the current President of the US. His lies, failures, and manipulation of the American people. I questioned the op on her words. And your first reaction is to assume an emotional response like Obama is satan in my eyes because I support R&R in this election? How about you pick any one of the points I made and discuss?

How about you show me ONE consistent t thing Romney has said and we can discuss.

Oh wait, you can't.

Cop Out...lol

How is that a cop out when NOTHING Romney says is consistent. Not a THING. NOTHING.

You aren't going to answer her question then.. okay...  well I'll answer yours.. Romney has consistently touted trimming government waste.  He has consistently exclaimed the need for a balanced budget.  Both of which he has experience in.  Romney is a do-er.  Obama is a talker.. CEO vs Academia, businessman vs politician

Nobody said the road to hell was paved by good results...

Obama falls under the saying.. the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

lnrmom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Quoting jcrew6:

So, it doesn't matter WHAT the article YOU posted is based on? Then why did you post it? Lol. Wow.

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting lnrmom:

This article's baseline is based on the assumption of ObamaCare in place. Ryan's plan's baseline is of 2012 assumptions, thus removing ObamaCare from the cost equation.

Doesn't matter what the article is based on or with or without ObamaCare, that is irrelevant. He is still proposing to make cuts to programs that help the least of us. If you think I read ONE article or listed to ONE source to get my information you're sadly mistaken. Everything I've read, everything I've heard, everything says the same things. His plan is going to take from the programs helping the poor and give to the rich. I'm not okay with that. 

You are so one sided. I am at work, my break is over. I am not posting every single friggin article stating the exact same things. If you have something that is "better" and "unbiased" (nothing is unbiased 100%, sorry to break that to you), then post it. I'll review it when I have time. Until then... you believe what you want.

lnrmom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting lnrmom:

OP: No matter what you say Obama is satan in R&R supporters eyes. Even though their "champion" is the one who did a complete about face at the debate. If I were Obama, I wouldn't have looked at him either out of fear I'd lose my composure and crack up. Lord knows I was falling out of my chair laughing so hard.

This response makes no sense. I brought up legitimate points about Obama, the current President of the US. His lies, failures, and manipulation of the American people. I questioned the op on her words. And your first reaction is to assume an emotional response like Obama is satan in my eyes because I support R&R in this election? How about you pick any one of the points I made and discuss?

How about you show me ONE consistent t thing Romney has said and we can discuss.

Oh wait, you can't.

Cop Out...lol

How is that a cop out when NOTHING Romney says is consistent. Not a THING. NOTHING.

You aren't going to answer her question then.. okay...  well I'll answer yours.. Romney has consistently touted trimming government waste.  He has consistently exclaimed the need for a balanced budget.  Both of which he has experience in.  Romney is a do-er.  Obama is a talker.. CEO vs Academia, businessman vs politician

Obama falls under the saying.. the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Trimming government waste? By adding to the military budget when the Pentagon doesn't need/want it? How is that trimming government waste?

Businessman vs politician? How did that businessman do on his trip abroad over the summer when he was insulting our allies? Not very well. Oh wait, you want the businessman who is notorious for shipping jobs overseas and holding bank accounts in other countries to hide his money. Gotcha.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Quoting lnrmom:

I'm asking you to own up to why YOU believe in that Washington Post article YOU posted. Your response? It doesn't matter what that the foundation of the article is based on. So, WHY did you post it? Lol. Own what YOU post.
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Quoting lnrmom:

Insulting allies? How did our president do with with Netanyahu last month? How did our president handle Benghazi? Ohhh my.
rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting lnrmom:

Trimming government waste? By adding to the military budget when the Pentagon doesn't need/want it? How is that trimming government waste?

Businessman vs politician? How did that businessman do on his trip abroad over the summer when he was insulting our allies? Not very well. Oh wait, you want the businessman who is notorious for shipping jobs overseas and holding bank accounts in other countries to hide his money. Gotcha.

Oh wait....Obama's lead advisor on jobs, Jeffery Immelt, sent 1000's of jobs overseas.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting lnrmom:

Oh wait, you can't.

Cop Out...lol

Trimming government waste? By adding to the military budget when the Pentagon doesn't need/want it? How is that trimming government waste? weak... argument all based on supposition whereas I drew on past accomplishments.

Businessman vs politician? How did that businessman do on his trip abroad over the summer when he was insulting our allies? we call that spin by Obama..lol  I heard what he said and it was way overblown in ALL instances.  Not very well. Oh wait, you want the businessman who is notorious for shipping jobs overseas overblown misrepresentations  and holding bank accounts in other countries to hide his money. (paid taxes on..lol) Gotcha.  Nice try.. but empty talking points don't prove Romney's inability to run the country.. again, we have Obama's record to draw very strong conclusion on what the next for years under an Obama administration.

broncfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting lnrmom:

Insulting allies? How did our president do with with Netanyahu last month? How did our president handle Benghazi? Ohhh my.

LOL, they are both social mis-fits.  Obama gives the Queen of England an Ipod and can only hold his own on the View or with JayZ, Romney is a robot that speaks like something off "lost in Space".  This is a tit-for-tat comparison.

But I do not think Romney will ever by-pass a Head of State for Woopie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)