Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Vice Presidential Debate Oct. 11: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Joe Biden vs Paul Ryan

The Vice Presidential Debate focused on Foreign and Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 16th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the 2nd Presidential debate, a town hall format, on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (711-720):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Nope, that was Biden. And it was a big one. It would be a little hard for Ryan to sigh at the same time he is speaking.

Quoting PINKmyfavcolor:

Yeah, he did, lol.

Quoting _Kissy_:

Ryan sighed?

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Keep the lies going.  But stopping them is better than a nuke hitting Israel.  Well, except for in the eyes of the Anti Semites.

Quoting _Kissy_:

Pay attention "Undecided Voters", vote for R & R and war with Iran is guaranteed!

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Sure he did.

Our ambassador in Paris has a marine detachment guarding him. Shouldn't we have a Marine detachment guarding our ambassador in Benghazi, a place we knew there was an al Qaeda cell with arms? This is becoming more troubling by the day.

Displaced priorities.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Of course  not!  Facts are so inconvenient.

Quoting JonJon:

Ryan didn't bother to address Biden's statement he cut the embassy security budget.

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Quoting JonJon:

Not as important, this is not surprising news to most.
garnet83
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

That was difficult to watch. Biden was abrasive, rude, and quite frankly...um, weird. As a student of psychology, I couldn't ignore the unnecessary awkward laughter coming from him as well as his constant looking down. Those are red flags. If your policies are so wonderful, you don't need to yell at us. The moderator just sucked. She did a poor job of maintaining any sort of order. Ryan did a good job staying composed despite Biden's lack of professionalism. Personally, I would have back handed the fool and told him to wait his turn. I think Ryan had more to say, but it was lost in the chaos, for which I blame the moderator. She asked questions and then interrupted both Biden and Ryan when the attempted to answer. I walked away wishing I could have heard complete answers from both men.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this

BUMP - Complete video of the debate has been added to the original post.

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Thanks, Cafe Steph! :-)

momtoabackc
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Obama didn't give the "HOW" four years ago either. He gave ideas...and he has been given four years to "DO" the "HOW" and he really hasn't. He isn't providing a "HOW" either. HOW does he plan to improve this country? HOW is he going to make things happen that he hasn't made happen in four years? 

Honestly, I don't know if I have EVER heard any presidential candidate give the kind of specifics some of you seem to be wanting to see from Romney. 

Quoting corrinacs:

The "HOW" wasn't there was the problem.  Sure, you can say what you are going to do over and over again...but we need the hows.  What are you putting in place to make this happen.  Ryan (and Romney) never had any of that.

Quoting motherslove82:

So they don't need a plan.

Romney/Ryan gave a plan. They also left flexibility to work with both parties to accomplish their goals. I already typed it out, so here it is again.

Romney's goals have been stated. Decrease taxes on the middle class, don't cut the military budget, don't tax the hell out of small businesses (no one should have to pay nearly half of their income in taxes), close loopholes for the wealthy to increase revenue, create more jobs to increase revenue. 

Work together with both sides to decide exactly how some things will come about. That is something that we can probably all agree Obama has failed at.

So you are ok with a man who has held a job for four years and still has no idea what he is doing? Would that work at your job?

Quoting LucyMom08:

To me, it's more important that Romney/Ryan are NOT saying anything...my life the last 4 years has improved exponentially...

Quoting motherslove82:

Giggling, shaking his head, interupting, making comments like "am I going to get to respond to this balogna?", not making a single contribution about what they plan to do better if people trust them with another 4 years.

Answer my question. What did he say that convinced you that the next four years with the same leaders will be better than the last four?

Quoting LucyMom08:

How was he a douche?

Quoting motherslove82:

What did he say that convinced you that the next four years will be better than the last four? He was a douche.

Quoting _Kissy_:

Joe wins the debate. Only FOX and Drudge could possibly claim otherwise.

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I enjoyed this a lot, the Malarkey you here form Ryan and the called on his statements was great.  Those of you that thought we apologies at the embassy did not read the statement that was put out. It was a condemnation statement and in no way an apology. And it was put out in the middle of the night here by the embassy itself and had nothing  to do with the administration. All Standard stuff for them to do on their own. 

I did not hear one thing from Ryan other then he agreed that we did not want to go to war with IRAN, that they had all this grandiose plan they cannot or will not speak about in front of the American people. Spending more time defending his boss. I know he and Romney disagree on some issues and he is far more conserative. 

We want to you know who Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are don't you think it is a little late to be still finding out who this people are.

Joe Biden is not the dolt they make him out to be. I was glad that Ryan did not spend his time being silly and WINKING at the Camera and being coy like Palin did. And Ryan is no Jack Kennedy I can't believe he stepped in that one hehehe.

All in all I enjoyed this way more then the first one When Romney may have won but I stopped listening to him half way though the debate because he kept interrupting and running over and the Moderator and absolutely NO control over that situation. She kept them on task pretty well I thought last night I found I could listen to Both Men without feeling dizzy. 

Sometimes I wish they would all just answer the question a little more concisely. I don't really go by these debates when voting but I do like to see them. We only get sound bites when watching news and most are misconstrued for each one of them so this is a bit more candid when you do not live in battle ground states.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

France is not a hotbed.  Libya was.  Libya asked for security support and they were denied. 

Ryan came across as strong and knowing details.  Biden failed in this area.  He was weak in the Afghanistan area.  Biden had no substance.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Well, Biden beat Obama.  But the smirking has got to go.  Ryan kicked butt on his knowledge of foreign policy.

No, he proved he knows a bit about the hot spots in the Middle East and he knows there's an embassy in France.  He never did explain why he cut the budget for embassy security.  What foreign policy knowledge led to those cuts?  That there were no threats? 

Foreign policy is a lot more than that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)