Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Vice Presidential Debate Oct. 11: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Joe Biden vs Paul Ryan

The Vice Presidential Debate focused on Foreign and Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 16th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the 2nd Presidential debate, a town hall format, on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (721-730):
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

In this case this is not true.  There was plenty of Intel.  The Consulate's Office had written down their concerns about the threats that were surrounding them.  They made security request that were denied.  Therefore, the security threats were reported.  This administration chose to ignore them hence, an U.S. Ambassador was murdered. 

So I asked my sarcastic question again.  If this administration can't see the Intelligence that is right in front of their noses, how in the heck are they going to figure out that Iran is closer to the bomb?

Quoting JonJon:

It's harder to get intel on a sudden attack than it is to get it on something that takes time to make happen such as making inquiries into how to build a bomb and the supplies and amount of money needed to do so..

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I do have a question.  How is it that Biden can blame the Intel community about not receiving the data in a timely manner pertaining to the Libya fiasco but he is highly confident that "they" will KNOW when Iran reaches a certain level in their quest for "the bomb?"

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Quoting motherslove82:

And which candidate would that be?
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

And the reason for that is called a time restraint.  You think that "average Joe" wants to hear about tax law in a debate?  Heck no.  Half wouldn't understand it and half would change the channel.  Go to a town hall and ask which tax loop would be cut.  That is where you would get your answers. 

But I am curious, how come you are not asking for the same from Obama and Biden.  They have not told us how they are going to save money.  And they have put us in more of a financial crises.  Also, how come they have not explained why we are still on a continuing resolution after 3 1/2 years?  Why aren't you asking them these questions?

Quoting lnicole:

No what I expect is not someone to tell me their going to do something different and within 18 months of campaigning and NOT be able to single handlely tell me ONE real loophole they will cut....They won't say anything specific.....and it's a reason for that.

When Obama took office me and 9 of my gf's that have been working for over 15 yrs at different companies were laid off...through the unemployment extensions we were all able to gain solid employment and two were able to get lower mortgage rates because they were upside down on their mortgages....I know what he's done...I lived through it....For 8 months i could barely get a call back....

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Seriously, you wanted Ryan to pull out the tax codes and point out the loop holes for you in a two minute time limit?

What is it that Biden/Obama has done for the middle class in a four year time span that you are so excited about?

Quoting lnicole:

They say their going to do everything under the sun BUT how...what exact deductions are they going to make?  WHAT LOOPHOLES?? why won't they answer the questions specifically??? Because the answers won't be favorable for the middle class.  I am okay with someone who actually tells me what he is going to do and make an attempt to do it.  You do know that he was blocked in most of the bills he brings to congress??  Romney changes his stance every other day....

I was SO done when he said he gave his speech on abortions...Ryan it's my damn body, not yours....  Done. 

Quoting motherslove82:

So they don't need a plan.

Romney/Ryan gave a plan. They also left flexibility to work with both parties to accomplish their goals. I already typed it out, so here it is again.

Romney's goals have been stated. Decrease taxes on the middle class, don't cut the military budget, don't tax the hell out of small businesses (no one should have to pay nearly half of their income in taxes), close loopholes for the wealthy to increase revenue, create more jobs to increase revenue. 

Work together with both sides to decide exactly how some things will come about. That is something that we can probably all agree Obama has failed at.

So you are ok with a man who has held a job for four years and still has no idea what he is doing? Would that work at your job?

Quoting LucyMom08:

To me, it's more important that Romney/Ryan are NOT saying anything...my life the last 4 years has improved exponentially...

Quoting motherslove82:

Giggling, shaking his head, interupting, making comments like "am I going to get to respond to this balogna?", not making a single contribution about what they plan to do better if people trust them with another 4 years.

Answer my question. What did he say that convinced you that the next four years with the same leaders will be better than the last four?

Quoting LucyMom08:

How was he a douche?

Quoting motherslove82:

What did he say that convinced you that the next four years will be better than the last four? He was a douche.

Quoting _Kissy_:

Joe wins the debate. Only FOX and Drudge could possibly claim otherwise.

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Quoting JonJon:

It is the next day.....

Most polls are showing Bieden with just a slight edge, nothing like the landslide in the presidential debates last week.

Basically, last nights debate has proved to be a wash. It looks as if Obama & Romney are still neck and neck.
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM

How did Bush fail.  Obama and this administration were specifically warned about the issues in Libya....they received the communication but failed to take it seriously.  There is a difference from what happened vs. and your analogy.

Quoting corrinacs:

No one, I was just giving a simple analogy.  If communication fails, you find ways to fix it.  Esp. when its something so deeply important as our national security.  Don't forget, Bush failed on this front a million times over.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

And who are you saying that did the lying?

Quoting corrinacs:

Just the same way your kid lies.  You catch them in a lie and you make sure they don't do it again :).

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I do have a question.  How is it that Biden can blame the Intel community about not receiving the data in a timely manner pertaining to the Libya fiasco but he is highly confident that "they" will KNOW when Iran reaches a certain level in their quest for "the bomb?"

JonJon
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM

And someone said VP debates don't affect polls...:)

...was that you?  I don't know; doesn't matter.

On my favorite electoral college map, NC went from undecided, to pink (leaning toward Romney) to red (definite Romney) and now back to pink.  Looks as if Romney's lost ground in at least one state. 

Every electoral college map I look at has the President in a comanding lead over Romney.

Quoting WinningWinning:

Quoting JonJon:

It is the next day.....

Most polls are showing Bieden with just a slight edge, nothing like the landslide in the presidential debates last week.

Basically, last nights debate has proved to be a wash. It looks as if Obama & Romney are still neck and neck.

JZB
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I am voting for Obama so no reason to sing a different tune. I am going purely on the facts, #'s and statistics. Do I hope this changed it around? Heck yes especially after the first debate. Also for the record I never said they don't effect them I said they don't make a significant difference.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting JZB:

Quoting JonJon:

. VP debates have never proven very important in the polls

There's exceptions to every rule.  Let's see how things look tomorrow and the day after; I have a feeling you'd be singing a different tune if Ryan hadn't been so outclassed by Joe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonJon
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Oh, I misunderstood you to be speaking anti-Obama.  you rock

There's nothing to change around; the President never lost his lead on the electoral college maps.

The impression of the Obama/Biden ticket has recovered from the mistaken/undeserved impression the President didn't perform well. 

Quoting JZB:

I am voting for Obama so no reason to sing a different tune. I am going purely on the facts, #'s and statistics. Do I hope this changed it around? Heck yes especially after the first debate. Also for the record I never said they don't effect them I said they don't make a significant difference.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting JZB:

Quoting JonJon:

. VP debates have never proven very important in the polls

There's exceptions to every rule.  Let's see how things look tomorrow and the day after; I have a feeling you'd be singing a different tune if Ryan hadn't been so outclassed by Joe.

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Quoting JonJon:

Yes, that was me as well as a few others.

The news that I've seen thus far has shown no real change ibetween the two presidential candidates since last nights VP debate.

corrinacs
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM

How is Romney good at agreeing???!?!?  From waht I see, the whole party of his is good at "my way or the highway".......

Quoting motherslove82:

The "how" is never goin to happen if both parties can't agree. That is why he is going to discuss and decide that when in office. That is something Romney is good at, and that Obama fails at. It would be good to see co-operation instead of stalling and executive orders.

Quoting corrinacs:

The "HOW" wasn't there was the problem.  Sure, you can say what you are going to do over and over again...but we need the hows.  What are you putting in place to make this happen.  Ryan (and Romney) never had any of that.

Quoting motherslove82:

So they don't need a plan.

Romney/Ryan gave a plan. They also left flexibility to work with both parties to accomplish their goals. I already typed it out, so here it is again.

Romney's goals have been stated. Decrease taxes on the middle class, don't cut the military budget, don't tax the hell out of small businesses (no one should have to pay nearly half of their income in taxes), close loopholes for the wealthy to increase revenue, create more jobs to increase revenue. 

Work together with both sides to decide exactly how some things will come about. That is something that we can probably all agree Obama has failed at.

So you are ok with a man who has held a job for four years and still has no idea what he is doing? Would that work at your job?

Quoting LucyMom08:

To me, it's more important that Romney/Ryan are NOT saying anything...my life the last 4 years has improved exponentially...

Quoting motherslove82:

Giggling, shaking his head, interupting, making comments like "am I going to get to respond to this balogna?", not making a single contribution about what they plan to do better if people trust them with another 4 years.

Answer my question. What did he say that convinced you that the next four years with the same leaders will be better than the last four?

Quoting LucyMom08:

How was he a douche?

Quoting motherslove82:

What did he say that convinced you that the next four years will be better than the last four? He was a douche.

Quoting _Kissy_:

Joe wins the debate. Only FOX and Drudge could possibly claim otherwise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)