Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

2012 Vice Presidential Debate Oct. 11: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Joe Biden vs Paul Ryan

The Vice Presidential Debate focused on Foreign and Domestic Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

Please join us again next week, October 16th at 9pm ET, for another great discussion as we watch the 2nd Presidential debate, a town hall format, on foreign and domestic policy, aired on the same networks and online.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (731-740):
hannswed
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a problem with occasional eruptions and I suppose it's the moderator's job to make sure the debate is at least informative.  What i do have a problem with is the constant (and I do mean constant) laughs and smirks that are a distraction to us as we're trying to learn something.  I was ready for him to stand up and flap his arms and crow like like a chicken!  Very childish.  The debate is for you and me, the voters, to help us in deciding how we should vote.  When someone tries to prevent that from happening, I am offended as a voter.  Reading a transcript of this debate would be much more informative, regardless of which side you support. 

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Why did you keep using this progressive rag site for proofs? It only shows your lack of credibility.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

LATEST UPDATE

10:04 pm

Ryan attacks and agrees with Obama's Afghanistan withdrawal timeline

The Romney/Ryan campaign has criticized the Obama administration’s Afghanistan policy but hasn’t offered and specifics or any substance.
Tonight, Ryan endorsed Obama’s timeline to withdraw by 2014 and did not
offer any alternative. “We don’t want to stay,” he said. Oddly, Ryan
then criticized Obama for setting a timeline, but said he and Romney
agree with it.

http://thinkprogress.org/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Umm we were not in Pakistan.

Quoting kirbymom:

They keep talking about the troops being brought home from Pakistan but Obama said he would bring all troops home. Period. Well, he didn't. He pulled them from Pakistan and 1 month or less later, he moved them to Afghanistan. And a few years later he is now talking about a new war with Syria. Still not bringing troops home for good. Which he promised when he became president. hmmm 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Oh, so sorry.  I forgot to check Fox news.  If you want their version you can go get it yourself.

Quoting Carpy:

Why did you keep using this progressive rag site for proofs? It only shows your lack of credibility.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

LATEST UPDATE

10:04 pm

Ryan attacks and agrees with Obama's Afghanistan withdrawal timeline

The Romney/Ryan campaign has criticized the Obama administration’s Afghanistan policy but hasn’t offered and specifics or any substance.
Tonight, Ryan endorsed Obama’s timeline to withdraw by 2014 and did not
offer any alternative. “We don’t want to stay,” he said. Oddly, Ryan
then criticized Obama for setting a timeline, but said he and Romney
agree with it.

http://thinkprogress.org/

alnilam
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I was a little let down after last nights debate, I was really hoping they would address more issues in-depth, one point for Ryan is the willingness to work with the other parties and that is not something I see from the current administration, will be looking forward to watching  more of the debates.

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM
He's done a lot of bi-partisan work in Massachusetts. You need to consider the source of what you have heard about the other party. Obama has been playing "my way or the highway" for four years. It's part of what has gotten us into this mess.

Quoting corrinacs:

How is Romney good at agreeing???!?!?  From waht I see, the whole party of his is good at "my way or the highway".......

Quoting motherslove82:

The "how" is never goin to happen if both parties can't agree. That is why he is going to discuss and decide that when in office. That is something Romney is good at, and that Obama fails at. It would be good to see co-operation instead of stalling and executive orders.

Quoting corrinacs:

The "HOW" wasn't there was the problem.  Sure, you can say what you are going to do over and over again...but we need the hows.  What are you putting in place to make this happen.  Ryan (and Romney) never had any of that.

Quoting motherslove82:

So they don't need a plan.

Romney/Ryan gave a plan. They also left flexibility to work with both parties to accomplish their goals. I already typed it out, so here it is again.

Romney's goals have been stated. Decrease taxes on the middle class, don't cut the military budget, don't tax the hell out of small businesses (no one should have to pay nearly half of their income in taxes), close loopholes for the wealthy to increase revenue, create more jobs to increase revenue. 

Work together with both sides to decide exactly how some things will come about. That is something that we can probably all agree Obama has failed at.

So you are ok with a man who has held a job for four years and still has no idea what he is doing? Would that work at your job?

Quoting LucyMom08:

To me, it's more important that Romney/Ryan are NOT saying anything...my life the last 4 years has improved exponentially...

Quoting motherslove82:

Giggling, shaking his head, interupting, making comments like "am I going to get to respond to this balogna?", not making a single contribution about what they plan to do better if people trust them with another 4 years.

Answer my question. What did he say that convinced you that the next four years with the same leaders will be better than the last four?

Quoting LucyMom08:

How was he a douche?

Quoting motherslove82:

What did he say that convinced you that the next four years will be better than the last four? He was a douche.

Quoting _Kissy_:

Joe wins the debate. Only FOX and Drudge could possibly claim otherwise.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Has he though?  That's not what I've seen unfortuantely.  And it doesn't help the Romney ticket that republicans outright stated that thier primary goal is to make Obama a one term president.  I listen to the news (NPR) everyday.  I hear about the drawbacks that keep popping up.  I pay attention, too.

Quoting motherslove82:

He's done a lot of bi-partisan work in Massachusetts. You need to consider the source of what you have heard about the other party. Obama has been playing "my way or the highway" for four years. It's part of what has gotten us into this mess.

Quoting corrinacs:

How is Romney good at agreeing???!?!?  From waht I see, the whole party of his is good at "my way or the highway".......

Quoting motherslove82:

The "how" is never goin to happen if both parties can't agree. That is why he is going to discuss and decide that when in office. That is something Romney is good at, and that Obama fails at. It would be good to see co-operation instead of stalling and executive orders.

Quoting corrinacs:

The "HOW" wasn't there was the problem.  Sure, you can say what you are going to do over and over again...but we need the hows.  What are you putting in place to make this happen.  Ryan (and Romney) never had any of that.

Quoting motherslove82:

Romney/Ryan gave a plan. They also left flexibility to work with both parties to accomplish their goals. I already typed it out, so here it is again.

Romney's goals have been stated. Decrease taxes on the middle class, don't cut the military budget, don't tax the hell out of small businesses (no one should have to pay nearly half of their income in taxes), close loopholes for the wealthy to increase revenue, create more jobs to increase revenue. 

Work together with both sides to decide exactly how some things will come about. That is something that we can probably all agree Obama has failed at.

So you are ok with a man who has held a job for four years and still has no idea what he is doing? Would that work at your job?

Quoting LucyMom08:

To me, it's more important that Romney/Ryan are NOT saying anything...my life the last 4 years has improved exponentially...

Quoting motherslove82:

Giggling, shaking his head, interupting, making comments like "am I going to get to respond to this balogna?", not making a single contribution about what they plan to do better if people trust them with another 4 years.

Answer my question. What did he say that convinced you that the next four years with the same leaders will be better than the last four?

Quoting LucyMom08:

How was he a douche?

Quoting motherslove82:

What did he say that convinced you that the next four years will be better than the last four? He was a douche.

Quoting _Kissy_:

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
With the problems Obama has caused, I think making him a one-term president is a good goal. I don't see why it's a problem that they said that.

Quoting corrinacs:

Has he though?  That's not what I've seen unfortuantely.  And it doesn't help the Romney ticket that republicans outright stated that thier primary goal is to make Obama a one term president.  I listen to the news (NPR) everyday.  I hear about the drawbacks that keep popping up.  I pay attention, too.

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting LucyMom08:

How was he a douche?

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting _Kissy_:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Follow down to what I highlighted in red.  You just contradicted yourself.

Point being, you can't be a "team-player" and make comments like that.  He can "discuss" all he wants, but the truth is....its the republicans way or the highway....and its always whatever is the opposite of what Obama says no matter what is at stake (even thier credibility, dignigty and integrity).

Quoting motherslove82:

With the problems Obama has caused, I think making him a one-term president is a good goal. I don't see why it's a problem that they said that.

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting LucyMom08:

How was he a douche?

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting _Kissy_:

JZB
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

It's all good.  No I wasn't speaking anti anything just that saying that many don't change or make up their mind due to the VP debate

Quoting JonJon:

Oh, I misunderstood you to be speaking anti-Obama.  you rock

There's nothing to change around; the President never lost his lead on the electoral college maps.

The impression of the Obama/Biden ticket has recovered from the mistaken/undeserved impression the President didn't perform well. 

Quoting JZB:

I am voting for Obama so no reason to sing a different tune. I am going purely on the facts, #'s and statistics. Do I hope this changed it around? Heck yes especially after the first debate. Also for the record I never said they don't effect them I said they don't make a significant difference.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting JZB:

Quoting JonJon:

. VP debates have never proven very important in the polls

There's exceptions to every rule.  Let's see how things look tomorrow and the day after; I have a feeling you'd be singing a different tune if Ryan hadn't been so outclassed by Joe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN