Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mitt has no plans to restrict abortion

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

Associated Press
Mitt Romney asks his staff for their orders at Wendy’s on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. (AP Photo/ Evan Vucci)

CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio – Mitt Romney continued his shift to the center Tuesday, saying he wouldn’t pursue any abortion legislation if he wins the presidency.

“There’s no legislation with regards to abortion that I’m familiar with that would become part of my agenda,” Mr. Romney told The Des Moines Register’s editorial boardTuesday as he sought its endorsement.

Mr. Romney, who is opposed to abortion with certain exceptions, promised other moves to limit abortions. Before traveling to Ohio, he told the Iowa newspaper he would sign an executive order to ban U.S. foreign aid money from being used for abortions.

The GOP candidate has previously vowed to eliminate federal funds for Planned Parenthood clinics. And he said, if elected, he would appoint Supreme Court judges who oppose Roe v. Wade.

Mr. Romney has been trying to strike a more moderate tone on a host of issues from health care to immigration in an attempt to woo undecided voters.

High on the list of demographics he’s struggled with: Female voters, many of whom have cited his stance on women’s issues as a reason for their support for President Barack Obama.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/10/09/romney-says-he-wont-pursue-abortion-legislation/

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rnchelle93
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I don't care. He's made his position clear as mud, on this issue as well as others, and the simple fact that he chose someone as fanatic as Ryan as his running made would keep me from ever voting for him. Whether or not he pursues legislation, he doesn't agree with women's rights, and that is enough to keep me from voting him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Quote:

“There’s no legislation with regards to abortion that I’m familiar with that would become part of my agenda

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM
3 moms liked this
CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio – Mitt Romney continued his shift to the center Tuesday, saying he wouldn’t pursue any abortion legislation if he wins the presidency.

Shift? He has said abortion issues would be left to the states in the past. How is this a shift?
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Newsflash..the vast majority of conservative republicans are pro-life.

This issue also came up with both Bush's...daddy and George W.

It's a democratic scare tatic.

Just like when Obama was touting having to make medicare cuts, 'from the elderly and disabled"....it never ends.

Quoting rnchelle93:

I don't care. He's made his position clear as mud, on this issue as well as others, and the simple fact that he chose someone as fanatic as Ryan as his running made would keep me from ever voting for him. Whether or not he pursues legislation, he doesn't agree with women's rights, and that is enough to keep me from voting him.

rnchelle93
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I know. Just another reason I will never vote conservative/republican. I like having control over my body and access to medical care.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Newsflash..the vast majority of conservative republicans are pro-life.

This issue also came up with both Bush's...daddy and George W.

It's a democratic scare tatic.

Just like when Obama was touting having to make medicare cuts, 'from the elderly and disabled"....it never ends.

Quoting rnchelle93:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Buddy Jesus.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually it was Romney that spearheaded and began implementation of gov't sponsored healthcare in MA. As a matter of fact Obama referred to it and complimented it's success during the debate.

I might be wrong..but I don't recall George W. repealing Roe v Wade during his terms...Like I said, scare tatic.

Quoting rnchelle93:

I know. Just another reason I will never vote conservative/republican. I like having control over my body and access to medical care.

brandydesiree
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
He doesn't want to make abortions illegal, because even though he's against it, there are WAY more important matters that Ye needs to focus on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)