Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama Lied? On eve of House hearings, State Department finally admits.....

Posted by   + Show Post
The State Department said Tuesday it never concluded that the consulate attack in Libya stemmed from protests over an American-made video ridiculing Islam, raising further questions about why the Obama administration used that explanation for more than a week after assailants killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

The revelation came as new documents suggested internal disagreement over appropriate levels of security before the attack, which occurred on the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks on the U.S…

But asked about the administration’s initial – and since retracted – explanation linking the violence to protests over an anti-Muslim video circulating on the Internet, one official said, “That was not our conclusion.” He called it a question for “others” to answer, without specifying.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_US_LIBYA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-10-09-18-50-07
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Why did he even mention a YouTube video? Shoot first ask later? That's what they blamed Romney for doing.... But THEY were the guilty ones.
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM
4 moms liked this

surprisedShut the front door!!!??

I thought only republicans and Romney told lies??

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Imagine that...Obama lied!

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this

He didn't mention a YouTube video, unless there's some speech I'm missing you'd like to point me towards?

You people are living in some alternate universe where someone walks ups to the POTUS and says, "Sir, the ambassador believes there will be an attack and requests more security" and the pres says, "Awe nah, they don't need it."

If you have questions, ask yourself why congress cut funding to foreign operations.  Or why Ambassador Stevens still felt comfortable enough to go to the consulate that day.

Those are valid questions.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Why did he even mention a YouTube video? Shoot first ask later? That's what they blamed Romney for doing.... But THEY were the guilty ones.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Why did Obama and Clinton denounce the video in the SAME speeches that covered the Benghazi attack?
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Same day.  Less than 12 hours after the attack.

You know, when there were protests at several embassies, and it was too soon to know what was going on, and Clinton said,

Quote:

"We are working to determine the precise motivations and methods of those who carried out this assault. Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. America's commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear -- there is no justification for this, none."

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Why did Obama and Clinton denounce the video in the SAME speeches that covered the Benghazi attack?

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Obama's "shoot first, aim later" comments directed at Romney came back to bite him. 

We should not kid ourselves, though. Foreign policy is much more complex than rocket science. I think that very few of us envy the duties of the Commander-in-Chief.

hhhanna
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Na-ah, that's not what we said ... well, wait, we might have said that but what we really meant was ... uh, well, ummmm, wanna talk about big bird?  Ummmmm.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I think so, at some point I would not be surprised to hear Biden tell the Libyans - They want to put ya'll back in chains!!!

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Maybe it will be brought up in the third debate on Foreign Policy.

Quoting itsmesteph11:

I cannot believe the conservatives are not trying harder on this issue. I know they are now having hearings that will bring out more facts but  the general population isn't really paying much attention.  It's Obamas scandal, he lied, his state department lied at first and are just now admitting things but still not admitting they were lying in the first place. They are still trying to crawl out from under this.  There is no doubt now that our Government lied to us and we still are not sure why aside from trying to normalize things over there. A HUGE mistake!  Obama and his corrupt administration CANNOT be reelected.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:37 AM

They have even stopped the "daily" press briefings.

Quoting gsprofval:

Has anyone else noticed that Hilary and obama are silent on this for about a week now?

Bet they are trying to colloborate stories to get the lies straight. Fortunately, we have tv coverage of both of them lying.

We all knew right away is wasn't the vidio and that it was planned--the rest of the world all reported it, but not obama. He was waaaayyyyy tooooo busy appearing on tv and fund raising.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Stunned that any posters would actually come to this thread and defend this.

Even the Democrat spinners in the media are not defending it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)