Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama Lied? On eve of House hearings, State Department finally admits.....

Posted by   + Show Post
The State Department said Tuesday it never concluded that the consulate attack in Libya stemmed from protests over an American-made video ridiculing Islam, raising further questions about why the Obama administration used that explanation for more than a week after assailants killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

The revelation came as new documents suggested internal disagreement over appropriate levels of security before the attack, which occurred on the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks on the U.S…

But asked about the administration’s initial – and since retracted – explanation linking the violence to protests over an anti-Muslim video circulating on the Internet, one official said, “That was not our conclusion.” He called it a question for “others” to answer, without specifying.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_US_LIBYA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-10-09-18-50-07
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Replies (71-80):
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I think we can classify both of you as hating so hard you deny facts.

But that's ok.  I try to understand the desperation and the ability to twist facts.

mirror

Quoting Carpy:

I think we can classify her as beyond help.

Quoting Billiejeens:

You are just factually wrong in every way.

There were no riots due to the movie, none, zero.

Stevens was killed in the safe house, where his Libyan guard told the rioters he would be.

Killing Bin Laden did not end the Taliban, they are strong as ever, emboldened by the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood and the pro Muslim brotherhood adminstration in the White House.

Don't take my word for it, or any biased link I might give you, go find the Lara Logan speech, she just gave.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Oy vey, you people are either very stubborn or very desperate.

I don't have a position to push. You do, but the facts aren't backing up your assertion.

I may just be a dumb ole liberal sitting up here in the projects eating gubment cheese and waiting for my free Obamaphone, BUT I KNOW HOW TO READ.

I also know that Stevens and the rest were not killed in the Libyan embassy, he was very comfortable moving through Libya, congress has what, twice now, cut funds for foreign programs, there were a lot of riots (even attacks) at some embassies due to this video, and Obama never blamed the video riots for Steven's death, nor apologized for this video.

Unlike some, I know that those rioters are angry young men from brand new baby democracies run for decades by dictators that did, indeed, control things like move, TV and radio.  I know that we had to try make a statment that this is freedom of speech and religion, but no excuse for violence of any kind.

You guys can bitch all you want, but the plain and simple fact is that drone strikes in Pakistan and Afghanistan are occuring in numbers higher than any previous administration, and this administration is the one that gave the call to raid Bin Laden's compound.

Holy shit people.

Quoting Billiejeens:

You may very well be the last person in Ameica still pushing this position - turn the light out when you leave will ya?

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Nope.

He did not blame this or any video on the attack at the Benghazi Consulate in which Americans died.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/25/obama-un-general-assembly-transcript

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

He blamed the video at his UN speech.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

That was what, less than 12 hours after the initial attack?  Even the Libyan media was reporting the same thing at that time.  Everybody that wasn't there thought it was the same thing.

BTW, not to split hairs here or anything, but he didn't mention the video.  What he said was, "The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts," and, "there is no justification for this -- none."

I'm sorry, you guys want this to be some kind of "gotcha" moment and it's not.  What it does seem to be, however, is an exuse for Romney supporters to use the death of a man that dearly loved the Libyan people, and several others, to try and sway this election.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Obama said, "While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants." - Sept 12.

He blamed a you tube video.

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:38 AM
2 moms liked this

As an Obama supporter, I am sure you find that understanding quite helpful.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

But that's ok.  I try to understand the desperation and the ability to twist facts.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Time line:

Video appears on you tube in July, almost no one see it, except the Government, who now sees everything.

Terror attacks occur on the anniversarry of 9/11, we are caught totally unprepared.

We rerelease video to a widespread middle eastern audience, and immediately appologize for it.

Riots now occur, the cover up begins.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Who didn't start talking about it?  It was all over the news, as soon as the protests started - the morning of September 11th.  The attack on the consulate occured that night.

(and btw, please try to be a little more clear in your answers - you stated there were no riots.)

Quoting Billiejeens:

That is correct, not until after the United States started talking about it, to deflect the fact that we were caught unprepared on 9/11.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Oh dear God in heaven.

There were no riots, angry protests and demonstrations, molitove cocktails being thrown, US flags removed, etc, ANYWHERE?  There were no young men in the streets claiming that the US government financed this movie?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Stevens was killed in the safe house, where his Libyan guard told the rioters he would be.

Killing Bin Laden did not end the Taliban, they are strong as ever, emboldened by the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood and the pro Muslim brotherhood adminstration in the White House.

Don't take my word for it, or any biased link I might give you, go find the Lara Logan speech, she just gave.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I don't have a position to push. You do, but the facts aren't backing up your assertion.

I may just be a dumb ole liberal sitting up here in the projects eating gubment cheese and waiting for my free Obamaphone, BUT I KNOW HOW TO READ.

I also know that Stevens and the rest were not killed in the Libyan embassy, he was very comfortable moving through Libya, congress has what, twice now, cut funds for foreign programs, there were a lot of riots (even attacks) at some embassies due to this video, and Obama never blamed the video riots for Steven's death, nor apologized for this video.

Unlike some, I know that those rioters are angry young men from brand new baby democracies run for decades by dictators that did, indeed, control things like move, TV and radio.  I know that we had to try make a statment that this is freedom of speech and religion, but no excuse for violence of any kind.

You guys can bitch all you want, but the plain and simple fact is that drone strikes in Pakistan and Afghanistan are occuring in numbers higher than any previous administration, and this administration is the one that gave the call to raid Bin Laden's compound.

Holy shit people.

Quoting Billiejeens:

You may very well be the last person in Ameica still pushing this position - turn the light out when you leave will ya?

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Nope.

He did not blame this or any video on the attack at the Benghazi Consulate in which Americans died.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/25/obama-un-general-assembly-transcript

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

That was what, less than 12 hours after the initial attack?  Even the Libyan media was reporting the same thing at that time.  Everybody that wasn't there thought it was the same thing.

BTW, not to split hairs here or anything, but he didn't mention the video.  What he said was, "The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts," and, "there is no justification for this -- none."

I'm sorry, you guys want this to be some kind of "gotcha" moment and it's not.  What it does seem to be, however, is an exuse for Romney supporters to use the death of a man that dearly loved the Libyan people, and several others, to try and sway this election.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Obama said, "While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants." - Sept 12.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I sure do - you guys are avoiding facts as quickly as you can.  My proof is the post above this one.

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

As an Obama supporter, I am sure you find that understanding quite helpful.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM

You actually believe that? 

This freaking crazy.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Time line:

Video appears on you tube in July, almost no one see it, except the Government, who now sees everything.

Terror attacks occur on the anniversarry of 9/11, we are caught totally unprepared.

We rerelease video to a widespread middle eastern audience, and immediately appologize for it.

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Try as much as you want. You can't dismiss the facts.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

This freaking crazy.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Time line:

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this

ABC reports The White House is admitting there was no protest at all prior to the attack on the Benghazi Libya consulate that killed the US Ambassador.

White House Admits They Lied There Was No Protest Prior To Libya Attack

White House Admits They Lied There Was No Protest Prior To Libya Attack

As Congress prepares to hold hearings on the security failure at the US consulate in Benghazi, which was attacked by Salafi Jihadists who killed four Americans including Ambassador Chris Stevens, the White House is apparently finally coming clean about the events leading up to the attacks.

As ABC News reported last night my reports that the corporate media was pushing a false narrative on the Libya attacks is now confirmed through an admission directly from the White House which now admits that not only did they lie about the attack being an escalation of a spontaneous protest over an anti-Muslim film but that there was in fact no protest at all prior to the attack.

The White house is coming clean because a major congressional hearing on the security failure is set to be held today and all of the “anonymous” intelligence will be discussed.

The parroting corporate media could have easily followed common sense and logic to break this story much earlier instead of simply acting as a stenographer for the government.

Given that there were nearly monthly attacks on diplomatic targets in Libya leading up to the 9/11 Benghazi attack it was clear that the government’s statement that were no prior indications of an attack was an outright lie.

www. alexanderhiggens. com

itsmesteph11
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Right, the left just can't understand the "your gov is lying to you " fact.  All the way to the top they are still trying to justify or change what happened. Biden confirmed that when he said "they didn't tell us" during the debate.  This is a bunch of very sick people.

itsmesteph11
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh my... Like I said a bunch of very sick people

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

mirror

Quoting Carpy:

I think we can classify her as beyond help.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Holy shit people.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Nope.

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM

It is what Governments do.

You seem to be the only inhabitant of your island, jax.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

This freaking crazy.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Time line:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)