Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Romney Told Employers To Tell Employees How To Vote

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
  • 16 Replies

You really need to listen to this audio above.  On Wednesday – Mitt Romney held a conference call with the National Federation of Independent Businesses where he said some very concerning things.  Clustered within a constant tirade of falsehoods – Romney packaged his pro-plutocrat, pro-Wall Street policies as pro-small business.  He claims that he’s not interested in reducing the rates of America’s wealthiest despite wanting to reduce the marginal rate by 40% for the wealthiest despite not actually spelling out how he would maintain a net-neutral tax policy with a 40% tax cut.  You can find the entire audio HERE.

Mitt Romney said:

I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections.  And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope you pass those along to your employees.”

“Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business, because I believe that will figure in to their election decision, their voting decision.”

It is absolutely ABHORRENT and ridiculous to suggest that business owners and “bosses” should be “making it clear” to their employees which way they need to vote.  I repeat he’s saying “MAKE IT VERY CLEAR to your employees” what is in their best interests and their jobs *wink*.  While he’s at it – why doesn’t he just propose that all voters fill out an absentee ballot, have their boss review it first to make sure it’s correct and then the employer will mail it off for them free of charge.  This is a major problem.

Mitt Romney said:

“I heard the other day that the president’s spokesman said that, ‘You know, Mitt Romney was in business, but he was trying to earn a profit, not just trying to hire people.  It’s like, well, I have to tell you, that’s sort of what business is about. The free enterprise system is about people taking a risk to earn a return to earn a profit and if they do, they are able to hire more people. Profits and people go together, if you’re talking about creating new jobs.”

#1 – As I have said HERE – vulture capitalism IS NOT free enterprise.  That’s so bogus.

When you call out Mitt Romney for making millions by loading up profitable companies with debt…. paying himself and his investors huge amounts of money and then dumping the carcass on the road when the workers lose their pensions (that were part of their contracts)….THAT ISN’T RIGHT.

#2 -As I have written about HERE and HERE - when you’re talking about large corporations … there is not a correlation between profits and hiring.  It doesn’t exist.  The goal of a corporation is not to hire more people – it is make profits and most of these corporations are publicly traded which means they mind their bottom line for short term results because they have to report to “the Street” every quarter.  And as we said before – Apple Inc. is sitting on $98 BILLION in cash reserves currently … and what are they going to do with that money you ask?

#1 – Start giving shareholders a dividend
#2 – Buyback stock to raise the price of shares for shareholders
#3 – Sit on the $64 billion in cash held overseas to prevent paying the “normal” tax rate in order to “repatriate profits”

Notice – they’re not focused on hiring more workers.  They’re not focused on employee raises.  They’re not focused on better healthcare or benefits.  They’re focused on the shareholder as they should be.  But it’s government’s job to make sure the playing field is fair.  And as history has shown time and time before – a very small, elite group of people can control the country …control it’s politicians, it’s monetary policy; these plutocrats can control everything if you let them convince you that “they’re all the same”.

You may not be in love with either candidate … but this is a make or break election – believe it.  If our country never endured the likes of a George W. Bush presidency … we may never have fallen in love with Al Gore – but we never would have had to worry about the things that we worry about today.  Elections count.  Fucking do your part and set yourself straight and drop the ballot for the guy who isn’t about to completely level the joint.

Read more: http://www.classwarfareexists.com/romney-make-it-very-clear-to-your-employees-how-they-should-vote/#ixzz28meEDJF1 
Follow us: classwarfareexists on Facebook

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:20 AM
7 moms liked this

First of All  YOUR TITLE IS A LIE. Not even misleading, it's just an out & out lie. Why do you even bother to post this crap anyway. There is nothing said in here that can even be construed as Romney saying that bosses should implore their employees to vote one way or another. All this is is someone implying that something illegal went on. He even stated that no matter who you support, share with your employees the whys and what you see happening in the company. They can share how they think their business will be affected one way or the other. What is wrong with that? Would you, Kissy, have posted this if it were Obama speaking? I think not, in fact you'd be right out there defending his freedom of speech, which is exactly what is going on here. Were they forced to hear Romney? Of course not. Another waste of space & my time. 

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:17 AM
6 moms liked this

I don't see anything wrong with what Romney did.

If an employer thinks he will have to let 10% of their employees go if Obama gets elected, why shouldn't the employer tells the employees that?

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:19 AM
7 moms liked this

Many unions out and out tell their members who they should vote for.  Many unions take union dues for campaign purposes.  

BTW:  The administration told Lockheed Martin to ignore the WARN Act...much worse than what Romney did. 

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM
7 moms liked this
Op. are you really this desperate? Wow. Title: LIE. Article content: LIE.

Ask the Chamber of Commerce about if they think Obama has been pro-small business. The Obama admin has been propping up big corporations his entire presidency, is that pro-small business?
If you are going to post shit like this article, at least do your homework and know The track record of candidate YOU support.
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM
5 moms liked this

She is the queen of crap posts.  Just look at her typical sources.  It scares me that she is a teacher.  Or so she claims.  I have a harder time believing that, with each post she makes.

Quoting Xlandria:

First of All  YOUR TITLE IS A LIE. Not even misleading, it's just an out & out lie. Why do you even bother to post this crap anyway. There is nothing said in here that can even be construed as Romney saying that bosses should implore their employees to vote one way or another. All this is is someone implying that something illegal went on. He even stated that no matter who you support, share with your employees the whys and what you see happening in the company. They can share how they think their business will be affected one way or the other. What is wrong with that? Would you, Kissy, have posted this if it were Obama speaking? I think not, in fact you'd be right out there defending his freedom of speech, which is exactly what is going on here. Were they forced to hear Romney? Of course not. Another waste of space & my time. 

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you ever feel embarrassed by the stupid stuff you post?  I do notice you often times do not come back when even the Obama supporters don't agree with you.

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

No surprise there - this is what she does.

Quoting Xlandria:

First of All  YOUR TITLE IS A LIE. Not even misleading, it's just an out & out lie. 

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I must have missed Kissy's post about this.

Quoting rocketracer:

BTW:  The administration told Lockheed Martin to ignore the WARN Act...much worse than what Romney did. 

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM
4 moms liked this

I have a business and have a few employees. They know exactly where I stand and they know how another 4 more years of Obama will affect their jobs.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM
3 moms liked this
This thread is an example of what people are absorbing from the liberal blogosphere. FAIL.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN