Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

VP Debate Moderator...interesting back story.

Posted by   + Show Post

Politics ABC News scrambles to cover up Barack Obama’s attendance at VP debate moderator’s wedding

12:10 AM 10/10/2012

President Barack Obama was a guest at the 1991 wedding of ABC senior foreign correspondent and vice presidential debate moderator Martha Raddatz, The Daily Caller has learned. Obama and groom Julius Genachowski, whom Obama would later tap to head the Federal Communications Commission, were Harvard Law School classmates at the time and members of the Harvard Law Review.

After TheDC made preliminary inquiries Monday to confirm Obama’s attendance at the wedding, ABC leaked a pre-emptive statement to liberal-leaning news outlets including Politico and The Daily Beast Tuesday, revealing what may have been internal network pressure felt just days before Raddatz was scheduled to moderate the one and only vice-presidential debate Thursday night. Both Politico and The Daily Beast jumped to ABC and Raddatz’s defense. The Huffington Post, another liberal news outlet, joined them shortly thereafter, while calling “unusual” ABC’s attempt to kill the story before it gained wide circulation.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/10/abc-news-scrambles-to-cover-up-barack-obamas-attendance-at-vp-debate-moderators-wedding/#ixzz28tgirCtf

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
mkfran
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I hope the moderator for the VP debates is bias for Obama, the moderator for the first debate sure was bias for Romney. He really shouldn't have let Romney talk so much but then again it was all lies that he will have to explain later.  "it is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to open it and let everyone know you are!!"

*Team OBAMA2012

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM
4 moms liked this

BTW: A study has already been done.  During the 1st debate Obama was actually given more time to speak.  He couldn't put together a coherent thought during his time.

Quoting mkfran:

I hope the moderator for the VP debates is bias for Obama, the moderator for the first debate sure was bias for Romney. He really shouldn't have let Romney talk so much but then again it was all lies that he will have to explain later.  "it is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to open it and let everyone know you are!!"

*Team OBAMA2012

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Hate is such a strong word. What gives you that impression?

Some of my best friends are "old". WTH. My kids think *I* am old. :-(

Just saying Paul Ryan is MY idea of "eye candy".  ;-)

Quoting shimamab:

Why do you hate old people, zilla? Lol.

Quoting imamomzilla:

No excuse will be necessary. All he has to do is show up. Game over.

wink mini

Quoting shimamab:

And if he doesn't, y'all have a convenient, built-in excuse now. ;)

Quoting imamomzilla:

Bias or not....RYAN WILL MOP THE FLOOR WITH UNCLE JOE.

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Huh? How so?

Hey, he could have been considered old, shim...and I liked HIM. LOL

Quoting mkfran:

*Team OBAMA2012

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Off script, Biden is known as a hot head who has been known to plagiarize. He tells long-winded, stupid anecdotal stories riddled with fabrications and subtle racism. 

He's dumb as a rock....and that's insulting rocks.

I think the debate is Thursday night...?

Can't wait!!

Quoting samurai_chica:

I don't think Ryan will mop the floor. Biden is well known for being outspoken, sometimes good...sometimes bad. Even Ryan said he expects Biden to come at him very strongly. I think it will be an equal debate here...but we will find out for sure this evening.

Quoting imamomzilla:

wink mini

Quoting shimamab:

Quoting imamomzilla:

shimamab
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Just playing the "overblown generalizations" game...hence the LOL. My son thinks I'm old, too. :'(

Quoting imamomzilla:

Hate is such a strong word. What gives you that impression?

Some of my best friends are "old". WTH. My kids think *I* am old. :-(

Just saying Paul Ryan is MY idea of "eye candy".  ;-)

Quoting shimamab:

Why do you hate old people, zilla? Lol.

Quoting imamomzilla:

wink mini

Quoting shimamab:

Quoting imamomzilla:

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Yes, you're right it is Thursday...keep thinking that today IS thursday...now i am bummed it's only wednesday.

I agree...i honestly don't think Biden is the smartest guy. But, i do think he will be able to hold his own Thursday night.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Off script, Biden is known as a hot head who has been known to plagiarize. He tells long-winded, stupid anecdotal stories riddled with fabrications and subtle racism. 

He's dumb as a rock....and that's insulting rocks.

I think the debate is Thursday night...?

Can't wait!!

Quoting samurai_chica:

I don't think Ryan will mop the floor. Biden is well known for being outspoken, sometimes good...sometimes bad. Even Ryan said he expects Biden to come at him very strongly. I think it will be an equal debate here...but we will find out for sure this evening.

Quoting imamomzilla:

wink mini

Quoting shimamab:

Quoting imamomzilla:

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Quoting shimamab:

What does Zilla's comments have to do with old people?
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it would be an issue, but I do think that someone else should moderate so that there is no impression of bias.  If this were a court case, she would have to recuse herself due to the conflict of interest.  There is no good reason to allow the connection to become a distraction.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I'm not worried about the moderator.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN