Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Hi ladies,

Which candidate would higher tax the middle class?

Is the needy for government sucking up funds?If so is this fair to people who do not use assistance?

Or do you believe greedy will be at play with the new shady policies if in office?Will the middle class be highly taxed and the rich barely?If so is this fair to the middle class who could fall into poverty should a family financial crisis occur?

Help the poor or or help the rich.... because as long as all is good in the economy.... you can help yourself as a middle class person.Pick your poison...lol..

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-05/romney-vow-to-lower-middle-class-taxes-at-odds-with-cap

~Tia

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-13):
7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Yes, I think I remember about $7 more in my husband's paycheck a couple of years ago attributed to the tax break are your referring to ... and then, wham, that company shut down due to the economy (I guess you could call that a tax break for that small business that was in business for 25 years - no longer had to pay any!).  And then, the new job, less money and the cost of food, gas and the like continues to rise.  I really wish Obama would quit getting so much credit for "talking points" that really aren't true.

Quoting mommom2000:

Obama has actually already lowered your taxes.  He lowered payroll taxes for 98% of Americans.  He also has given small business many tax breaks.  According to the experts if Romney puts in place his large tax cut the rich will make out like bandits, and the middle class will lose deductions and have their taxes raised.  He says it isn't going to add to the deficit, so mathematically middle class deductions will have to go.

mommom2000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I'm sorry the company shut down, but what caused this disastrous economy?  Many companies had to shut down because of the financial crisis.  Obama did cut taxes for small businesses, that it isn't a talking point that is a fact.  Another fact is that Obama has cut taxes for middle class, they did see more in their paychecks.  You didn't think it was enough?.  I bet you are also worried about the deficit? Another fact not a talking point that if Romney's tax plan won't add to the the deficit then middle class would have to be affected.  This is math, not a talking point. 

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Yes, I think I remember about $7 more in my husband's paycheck a couple of years ago attributed to the tax break are your referring to ... and then, wham, that company shut down due to the economy (I guess you could call that a tax break for that small business that was in business for 25 years - no longer had to pay any!).  And then, the new job, less money and the cost of food, gas and the like continues to rise.  I really wish Obama would quit getting so much credit for "talking points" that really aren't true.

Quoting mommom2000:

Obama has actually already lowered your taxes.  He lowered payroll taxes for 98% of Americans.  He also has given small business many tax breaks.  According to the experts if Romney puts in place his large tax cut the rich will make out like bandits, and the middle class will lose deductions and have their taxes raised.  He says it isn't going to add to the deficit, so mathematically middle class deductions will have to go.

GardenerArtist
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM

If churches took care of the poor and needy as Christ directed, there wouldn't be as much of a need for government programs.

I volunteer planting, weeding and harvesting a 1 acre garden. we donate almost 1.5 tons of organic vegetables to the food pantry. It helps a lot of elderly on fixed incomes, and low-income families. I solicited every church in our area, 30 of them. Not ONE person volunteered.  It's shameful.  I have lost respect for the so-called "christians".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN