Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Paid Obama worker helps lady VOTE TWICE!

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
JonJon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM

These two are not the exact same or we wouldn't be here hotly contesting who should be elected.  I wonder why people say they are the same as if that's the politically(?) correct thing to say.

No, in this case, it's okay to say they are different; radically so, in fact.

Quoting Sisteract:

So you're voting third party?

These 2 (O and R) are the exact same. 

Quoting 143myboys9496:

How did you get that I'm angry and hostile? I'm not angry or hostile. I'm frustrated, probably for the same reasons most everyone else is.

1. I'm tired of being lied to, by politicians. We shouldn't just sit down and accept it anymore. We have power, we can VOTE out the "old boys" and vote in new congressmen/women, and if the newbies don't get it done..out they go for new ones that will..

2. I'm frustrated with Obama supporters double standards. Obama's lies are apparently overlooked, accepted and excused. While Mitt's lies are mean, calculated, spiteful and unacceptable.

Am I the only one that remembers Obama saying (I'm paraphrasing) "If I don't get it done in 4 years, then fire me." Obama made promises. Promises he said he'd get done in 4 years.

I understand you're afraid that cuts to MUCH needed programs will happen, but as I recall Obama has already taken over 700billion from medicare, for Obamacare, WHICH was supposed to be optional and won't be. 

Quoting JonJon:

It's not the politicians that bother me, they can't be all things to all people and they can't help if people hear what they want to hear and then complain that what they believe they heard didn't come to fruition.  Also, there's politicians who naively believe they can be the ones to bring change to an old boys' network that doesn't want any disturbances to the status quo.  We basically have to hope the old boys hurry up and dies out so the new boys can't make some new things happen.

What concerns me are the people who come here to be so disruptive and irrational.  I consider CM a little slice of America which means there are exponentiall more people in the country who think exactly as we do.  Fortunately, most of us are fair and as honest as we can manage to be and keep our personal lives private but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more likely you. 

There are many more like those of us who believe in fair play but still...it only takes one angry, hate-filled man to get through the President's security system...he lives with what we know based on the hostility in some of your replies, cubed.  There are people who believe as some of you believe who have access to military-grade weapons and explosives. 

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

It sounds to me like you are discribing republicans. Romney is supposed to be Mormon, but he thinks nothing of lying through his teeth. He will say anything he has to say, until he is elected, which won't happen. Then we would see the real Romney.

Right, like republicans are the ONLY party that spew lies. And Romney is the first politician to flex his views.

As far as I'm concerned politicians are all liars. Show me one that's actually done what they promised to do..

JonJon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Lovely. I suspect we'll see plenty of this kind of  fraud and corruption....just like the last election.

Meanwhile, our servicemen and women won't even get a chance to vote! Grrr

stop it, this is a lie.  Our men and women in the service are not being prevented anything.  That is bullshit.  It is common knowledge, to those in the service or have served, that you can vote in the state that is listed as your home of record. That we had or have to make sure we register and get our absentee ballot in. Nothing absolutely nothing is stopping, holding them back or preventing them from voting.  Stop lying.

I don't think they can help the lying; it's as if it's congenital.

JonJon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM

See, you don't consider what you did here angry or hostile or lying or exaagerating but it is. 

First, the President, 10 days after he was sworn in (I believe without looking it up) said to Matt Lauer on the Today Show that if he couldn't put a plan in place to make Wall Street accountable to consumers he wouldn't be re-elected (I paraphrased that part of the interview).  Wall Street is being held accountable and consumers are being protected.

What you wrote is a lie; whether it's deliberate I don't know but there's some definite hostility there.

Second, the President has tried his best to do as he said he would.  He's done many good things.  I provided a list of 200-300 of those things in another group.  PM me and I can provide the link.  I don't believe we could find 200-300 things Romney did for the people of MA. 

We can argue all day about the efforts made to block the President's progress.  That can't be equalled to Romney's lies recorded on video for anyone to see and hear who can honestly see and hear them.

You guys need to be careful; you aren't the first one who's ironically come close to saying lies are okay when you're a politician as if it's necessary to do so if he can point to the opposition and say, "They do it so I must do it, too."  It really seems more like you're saying, "I lie, so you/they must be lying, too."  We don't have to lie because you do it.  There's a lot of anger in that type of rationalizing.

Third, I can't call it anything but hostility to insinuate that I and any other Obamamamas are only voting for the President because of welfare.  That statement is pure hostility and it's deception directed toward whoever it is you're trying to influence.  It's also insulting our intelligence as if we are incapable of making decisions based on all the issues each candidate addresses. 

All I know about you is what you write.  These are my impressions of your writings.  If you aren't the way you convey yourself to be, the fault is yours and no one elses.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

How did you get that I'm angry and hostile? I'm not angry or hostile. I'm frustrated, probably for the same reasons most everyone else is.

1. I'm tired of being lied to, by politicians. We shouldn't just sit down and accept it anymore. We have power, we can VOTE out the "old boys" and vote in new congressmen/women, and if the newbies don't get it done..out they go for new ones that will..

2. I'm frustrated with Obama supporters double standards. Obama's lies are apparently overlooked, accepted and excused. While Mitt's lies are mean, calculated, spiteful and unacceptable.

Am I the only one that remembers Obama saying (I'm paraphrasing) "If I don't get it done in 4 years, then fire me." Obama made promises. Promises he said he'd get done in 4 years.

I understand you're afraid that cuts to MUCH needed programs will happen, but as I recall Obama has already taken over 700billion from medicare, for Obamacare, WHICH was supposed to be optional and won't be. 

Quoting JonJon:

It's not the politicians that bother me, they can't be all things to all people and they can't help if people hear what they want to hear and then complain that what they believe they heard didn't come to fruition.  Also, there's politicians who naively believe they can be the ones to bring change to an old boys' network that doesn't want any disturbances to the status quo.  We basically have to hope the old boys hurry up and dies out so the new boys can't make some new things happen.

What concerns me are the people who come here to be so disruptive and irrational.  I consider CM a little slice of America which means there are exponentiall more people in the country who think exactly as we do.  Fortunately, most of us are fair and as honest as we can manage to be and keep our personal lives private but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more likely you. 

There are many more like those of us who believe in fair play but still...it only takes one angry, hate-filled man to get through the President's security system...he lives with what we know based on the hostility in some of your replies, cubed.  There are people who believe as some of you believe who have access to military-grade weapons and explosives. 

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

It sounds to me like you are discribing republicans. Romney is supposed to be Mormon, but he thinks nothing of lying through his teeth. He will say anything he has to say, until he is elected, which won't happen. Then we would see the real Romney.

Right, like republicans are the ONLY party that spew lies. And Romney is the first politician to flex his views.

As far as I'm concerned politicians are all liars. Show me one that's actually done what they promised to do..

JonJon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM

You JUST accused me of being unable to see the truth on the page where this reply appears, and then tell a bald-faced lie on me. I didn't mention the word humanitarians and I didn't say anything about healthcare. 

Try this; tell us what your impressions are of what we say, then ask if you are correct or mistaken.  You'll sound less hostile and less like a liar.

Quoting Billiejeens:

You missed where she indicated that the left never lies, occasionally they might get something wrong, but they are all wonderfully decent humanitarians, who just want everyone to have health care.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting JonJon:

It's not the politicians that bother me, they can't be all things to all people and they can't help if people hear what they want to hear and then complain that what they believe they heard didn't come to fruition.  Also, there's politicians who naively believe they can be the ones to bring change to an old boys' network that doesn't want any disturbances to the status quo.  We basically have to hope the old boys hurry up and die so the new boys can make some new things happen.

What concerns me are the people who come here to be so disruptive and irrational.  I consider CM a little slice of America which means there are exponentially more people in the country who think exactly as we do.  Fortunately, most of us are fair and as honest as we can manage to be and keep our personal lives private but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more like you. 

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I know how to do that just like a surgeon, note the word,"indicated".

Quoting JonJon:

You JUST accused me of being unable to see the truth on the page where this reply appears, and then tell a bald-faced lie on me. I didn't mention the word humanitarians and I didn't say anything about healthcare. 

Try this; tell us what your impressions are of what we say, then ask if you are correct or mistaken.  You'll sound less hostile and less like a liar.

Quoting Billiejeens:

You missed where she indicated that the left never lies, occasionally they might get something wrong, but they are all wonderfully decent humanitarians, who just want everyone to have health care.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting JonJon:

It's not the politicians that bother me, they can't be all things to all people and they can't help if people hear what they want to hear and then complain that what they believe they heard didn't come to fruition.  Also, there's politicians who naively believe they can be the ones to bring change to an old boys' network that doesn't want any disturbances to the status quo.  We basically have to hope the old boys hurry up and die so the new boys can make some new things happen.

What concerns me are the people who come here to be so disruptive and irrational.  I consider CM a little slice of America which means there are exponentially more people in the country who think exactly as we do.  Fortunately, most of us are fair and as honest as we can manage to be and keep our personal lives private but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more like you. 

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

JonJon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM

The word indicated does not exonerate you.  I was talking specifically about CMs who are proponents of the President.  YOU insinuate I wrote about ALL people who advocate for the President. 

I don't know how ALL people think outside of CM but of the replies I've seen of pro-Obama CMs I can't recall a lie.  I would call them on those lies if I did.  No one who lies about anyone gets a pass from me if I know it to be a lie.  I've corrected an erroneous statement made about Romney.  I can't remember what it was but I believe it had something to do with a mistaken belief about Mormons. 

Was it that Mormons aren't Christian? 

confused

Quoting Billiejeens:

I know how to do that just like a surgeon, note the word,"indicated".

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting JonJon:

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Let me make certain that I understand you.

Of all the pro-Obama CMs I can't recall a lie - is your statement.

Are you affirming that there have been lies, but you simply can't recall them? or, are you stating that you do not believe that there have been any, I realize that you further state that you would call them on them, but I want to be sure.

Quoting JonJon:

The word indicated does not exonerate you.  I was talking specifically about CMs who are proponents of the President.  YOU insinuate I wrote about ALL people who advocate for the President. 

I don't know how ALL people think outside of CM but of the replies I've seen of pro-Obama CMs I can't recall a lie.  I would call them on those lies if I did.  No one who lies about anyone gets a pass from me if I know it to be lies.  I've disproved a mistaken statement made about Romney.  I can't remember what it was but I believe it had something to do with a mistaken belief about Mormons. 

confused

JonJon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I am saying that I am not as active as some of you are.  I am very selective about which posts I open and to which posts I reply.  I don't necessarily read all the replies, especially in large posts.  I don't see everything. 

Of what I've seen, I haven't caught an Obamamama in a lie.  No one gets a pass.  If I caught an Obamamama in a deliberate lie against Romney/Ryan, I'd correct her. 

We don't have to lie; Romney shoots himself in the foot one or more times a week.  He's campaign-stumping on a bloody stump.

Thanks for asking.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Let me make certain that I understand you.

Of all the pro-Obama CMs I can't recall a lie - is your statement.

Are you affirming that there have been lies, but you simply can't recall them? or, are you stating that you do not believe that there have been any, I realize that you further state that you would call them on them, but I want to be sure.

Quoting JonJon:

I don't know how ALL people think outside of CM but of the replies I've seen of pro-Obama CMs I can't recall a lie.  I would call them on those lies if I did.  No one who lies about anyone gets a pass from me if I know it to be lies.  I've disproved a mistaken statement made about Romney.  I can't remember what it was but I believe it had something to do with a mistaken belief about Mormons. 

confused

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting WinningWinning:

If this is authentic, then it is deplorable.

They have another one out I saw some time ago about voter fraud and letting dead people vote.  It's pretty straightforward.  I'll see if I can find it.

Voter fraud is very real.

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I have absolutely no doubt that it is.

I was only inquiring as to the validity of this particular story. 

I did not have the time to research it at the time, so I could not ,with confidence, say it was legit.

Please share what you find, and I will be open to receiving it. :) 

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting WinningWinning:

If this is authentic, then it is deplorable.

They have another one out I saw some time ago about voter fraud and letting dead people vote.  It's pretty straightforward.  I'll see if I can find it.

Voter fraud is very real.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN