Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Paid Obama worker helps lady VOTE TWICE!

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Replies (51-60):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I've got to run to the school... be back in an hour...

Quoting WinningWinning:

I have absolutely no doubt that it is.

I was only inquiring as to the validity of this particular story. 

I did not have the time to research it at the time, so I could not ,with confidence, say it was legit.

Please share what you find, and I will be open to receiving it. :) 

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting WinningWinning:

If this is authentic, then it is deplorable.

They have another one out I saw some time ago about voter fraud and letting dead people vote.  It's pretty straightforward.  I'll see if I can find it.

Voter fraud is very real.

edited to ad... don't have to leave just yet... here is an interesting one they did on dead people voting..

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM

In your opinion then, are the key battle grounds in which Romney is gaining momentum and even passing Obama in, are those polls lying OR are the people that had supposedly made up their minds for Obama,  now saying they are going to vote for Romney, believing lies? 

If so, then if someone is dumb enough to believe lies and be a turn-coat in the eleventh hour, so to speak, chances are they were never really Obama supporters in the first place, no?

Quoting JonJon:

I am saying that I am not as active as some of you are.  I am very selective about which posts I open and to which posts I reply.  I don't necessarily read all the replies, especially in large posts.  I don't see everything. 

Of what I've seen, I haven't caught an Obamamama in a lie.  No one gets a pass.  If I caught an Obamamama in a deliberate lie against Romney/Ryan, I'd correct her. 

We don't have to lie; Romney shoots himself in the foot one or more times a week.  He's campaign-stumping on a bloody stump.

Thanks for asking.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Let me make certain that I understand you.

Of all the pro-Obama CMs I can't recall a lie - is your statement.

Are you affirming that there have been lies, but you simply can't recall them? or, are you stating that you do not believe that there have been any, I realize that you further state that you would call them on them, but I want to be sure.

Quoting JonJon:

The word indicated does not exonerate you.  I was talking specifically about CMs who are proponents of the President.  YOU insinuate I wrote about ALL people who advocate for the President. 

I don't know how ALL people think outside of CM but of the replies I've seen of pro-Obama CMs I can't recall a lie.  I would call them on those lies if I did.  No one who lies about anyone gets a pass from me if I know it to be lies.  I've disproved a mistaken statement made about Romney.  I can't remember what it was but I believe it had something to do with a mistaken belief about Mormons. 

Was it that Mormons aren't Christian? 

confused

JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I have no idea how you got to polls and whether or not people are believing lies (posited by whom?) but as you seem to be placing some value on my opinion (?) I'll bite:

I usually look at the electoral maps to give me an indication of who is doing better (I'm a visual learner); all of them showing the president with 20 or more electoral votes over Romney.  I have read that Romney gained momentum after the debate but not much, and it's slowed to a stop I choose to believe what I've read.  As it's in the Presiden'ts favor and has been for months, I choose to believe it.  I've seen on one of my favorite electoral college maps that one pink state, North Carolina, has now become true red.  That could be a mistake or it could change after the last debate.  There's still a few weeks before the election.

I don't care for polls because the outcome depends on who's asking the questions, who wrote the questions and how those questions are worded, who's asked the questions and how diverse the population of the questioned, how many are asked the questions and how the information is handled once it's been accrued.  There may be a truly objective, competent and close-to-accurate polling agency out there but I don't know which it is.  To which pollster are you most drawn?

I saw where you wrote you and your family are liberal Independents (except one) and that you are voting for Obama but this is not the first time it's occurred to me you sound as if YOU were never really an Obama supporter in the first place; no?

Quoting WinningWinning:

In your opinion then, are the key battle grounds in which Romney is gaining momentum and even passing Obama in, are those polls lying OR are the people that had supposedly made up their minds for Obama,  now saying they are going to vote for Romney, believing lies? 

If so, then if someone is dumb enough to believe lies and be a turn-coat in the eleventh hour, so to speak, chances are they were never really Obama supporters in the first place, no?

Quoting JonJon:

I am saying that I am not as active as some of you are.  I am very selective about which posts I open and to which posts I reply.  I don't necessarily read all the replies, especially in large posts.  I don't see everything. 

Of what I've seen, I haven't caught an Obamamama in a lie.  No one gets a pass.  If I caught an Obamamama in a deliberate lie against Romney/Ryan, I'd correct her. 

We don't have to lie; Romney shoots himself in the foot one or more times a week.  He's campaign-stumping on a bloody stump.

Thanks for asking.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Let me make certain that I understand you.

Of all the pro-Obama CMs I can't recall a lie - is your statement.

Are you affirming that there have been lies, but you simply can't recall them? or, are you stating that you do not believe that there have been any, I realize that you further state that you would call them on them, but I want to be sure.

Quoting JonJon:

The word indicated does not exonerate you.  I was talking specifically about CMs who are proponents of the President.  YOU insinuate I wrote about ALL people who advocate for the President. 

I don't know how ALL people think outside of CM but of the replies I've seen of pro-Obama CMs I can't recall a lie.  I would call them on those lies if I did.  No one who lies about anyone gets a pass from me if I know it to be lies.  I've disproved a mistaken statement made about Romney.  I can't remember what it was but I believe it had something to do with a mistaken belief about Mormons. 

Was it that Mormons aren't Christian? 

confused

7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this

"... but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more like you."

I have done my best to steer clear of you (and I will continue to) but I think you should know the comment you made above is exactly how I feel too. 

P.S.  *scary

Quoting JonJon:

It's not the politicians that bother me, they can't be all things to all people and they can't help if people hear what they want to hear and then complain that what they believe they heard didn't come to fruition.  Also, there's politicians who naively believe they can be the ones to bring change to an old boys' network that doesn't want any disturbances to the status quo.  We basically have to hope the old boys hurry up and die so the new boys can make some new things happen.

What concerns me are the people who come here to be so disruptive and irrational.  I consider CM a little slice of America which means there are exponentially more people in the country who think exactly as we do.  Fortunately, most of us are fair and as honest as we can manage to be and keep our personal lives private but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more like you. 

There are many more like those of us who believe in fair play but still...it only takes one angry, hate-filled man to get through the President's security system...he lives with what we know based on the hostility in some of your replies, cubed.  There are people who believe as some of you believe who have access to military-grade weapons and explosives. 

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

It sounds to me like you are discribing republicans. Romney is supposed to be Mormon, but he thinks nothing of lying through his teeth. He will say anything he has to say, until he is elected, which won't happen. Then we would see the real Romney.

Right, like republicans are the ONLY party that spew lies. And Romney is the first politician to flex his views.

As far as I'm concerned politicians are all liars. Show me one that's actually done what they promised to do..

Sunshinebee0502
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah and some woman was caught on camera only registering people supporting Romney. There are terrible people everywhere in the world you can't have become an adult and not realized that yet right?

JZB
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:33 PM
There's this issue all around the country on both sides. I refuse to hold either one accountable for what people they have never met do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM

You made a wise decision.  Stick to it.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

"... but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more like you."

I have done my best to steer clear of you (and I will continue to) but I think you should know the comment you made above is exactly how I feel too. 

P.S.  *scary

Quoting JonJon:

It's not the politicians that bother me, they can't be all things to all people and they can't help if people hear what they want to hear and then complain that what they believe they heard didn't come to fruition.  Also, there's politicians who naively believe they can be the ones to bring change to an old boys' network that doesn't want any disturbances to the status quo.  We basically have to hope the old boys hurry up and die so the new boys can make some new things happen.

What concerns me are the people who come here to be so disruptive and irrational.  I consider CM a little slice of America which means there are exponentially more people in the country who think exactly as we do.  Fortunately, most of us are fair and as honest as we can manage to be and keep our personal lives private but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more like you. 

There are many more like those of us who believe in fair play but still...it only takes one angry, hate-filled man to get through the President's security system...he lives with what we know based on the hostility in some of your replies, cubed.  There are people who believe as some of you believe who have access to military-grade weapons and explosives. 

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

It sounds to me like you are discribing republicans. Romney is supposed to be Mormon, but he thinks nothing of lying through his teeth. He will say anything he has to say, until he is elected, which won't happen. Then we would see the real Romney.

Right, like republicans are the ONLY party that spew lies. And Romney is the first politician to flex his views.

As far as I'm concerned politicians are all liars. Show me one that's actually done what they promised to do..

Lacey14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this

JonJon, you always make me laugh.  

Quoting JonJon:

But there are SO many more on your side, and SO much more vicious and prone to resort to any devious statement or act you can imagine.  One only has to count how many more lies and ugly graphics your side has posted.

Where we may sometimes be mistaken in a statement or assertion our side never makes it a point to intentionally tell lies.  You can't say that about yourself and you can't say that about any of your pack.

Quoting Lacey14:

I replaced the word liberals, to people in the first sentence.  I knew one of you liberals would jump at the chance to say what you did.  Of course there are people like this on both sides.  Some just brag about it.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Lacey14:

What do you expect with people who have no morals?  Lie, cheat, steal, create havoc...it's all good in their eyes.  It's disgusting to those who try to live honorably.  To make it worse, these types are raising more just like themselves.

JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Laughter keeps the doctor away better than apples.  Glad to be of service.

Quoting Lacey14:

JonJon, you always make me laugh.  

Quoting JonJon:

But there are SO many more on your side, and SO much more vicious and prone to resort to any devious statement or act you can imagine.  One only has to count how many more lies and ugly graphics your side has posted.

Where we may sometimes be mistaken in a statement or assertion our side never makes it a point to intentionally tell lies.  You can't say that about yourself and you can't say that about any of your pack.

Quoting Lacey14:

I replaced the word liberals, to people in the first sentence.  I knew one of you liberals would jump at the chance to say what you did.  Of course there are people like this on both sides.  Some just brag about it.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Lacey14:

What do you expect with people who have no morals?  Lie, cheat, steal, create havoc...it's all good in their eyes.  It's disgusting to those who try to live honorably.  To make it worse, these types are raising more just like themselves.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Is that some sort of warning?

Quoting JonJon:

You made a wise decision.  Stick to it.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

P.S.  *scary

Quoting JonJon:

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)