Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Paid Obama worker helps lady VOTE TWICE!

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Replies (61-70):
7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM
4 moms liked this

Doesn't matter to me if it was ... she truly isn't worth my time.  I'd rather have discussions with those want to share information, not with ones who manipulate everything they say just to have the last word.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Is that some sort of warning?

Quoting JonJon:

You made a wise decision.  Stick to it.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

"... but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more like you."

I have done my best to steer clear of you (and I will continue to) but I think you should know the comment you made above is exactly how I feel too. 

P.S.  *scary

Quoting JonJon:

It's not the politicians that bother me, they can't be all things to all people and they can't help if people hear what they want to hear and then complain that what they believe they heard didn't come to fruition.  Also, there's politicians who naively believe they can be the ones to bring change to an old boys' network that doesn't want any disturbances to the status quo.  We basically have to hope the old boys hurry up and die so the new boys can make some new things happen.

What concerns me are the people who come here to be so disruptive and irrational.  I consider CM a little slice of America which means there are exponentially more people in the country who think exactly as we do.  Fortunately, most of us are fair and as honest as we can manage to be and keep our personal lives private but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more like you. 

There are many more like those of us who believe in fair play but still...it only takes one angry, hate-filled man to get through the President's security system...he lives with what we know based on the hostility in some of your replies, cubed.  There are people who believe as some of you believe who have access to military-grade weapons and explosives. 

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

It sounds to me like you are discribing republicans. Romney is supposed to be Mormon, but he thinks nothing of lying through his teeth. He will say anything he has to say, until he is elected, which won't happen. Then we would see the real Romney.

Right, like republicans are the ONLY party that spew lies. And Romney is the first politician to flex his views.

As far as I'm concerned politicians are all liars. Show me one that's actually done what they promised to do..

JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Cha!  It was good advice that she heed her self-advice!  I'm an excellent debater!  YOU know that!  :)  Here, I'll c&p that little clue again: 

You agitatin'?  You're like some kid on a playground trying to get two people to fight for your amusement.  Ugh.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

"... but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more like you."

I have done my best to steer clear of you (and I will continue to) but I think you should know the comment you made above is exactly how I feel too. 

P.S.  *scary

Quoting JonJon:

It's not the politicians that bother me, they can't be all things to all people and they can't help if people hear what they want to hear and then complain that what they believe they heard didn't come to fruition.  Also, there's politicians who naively believe they can be the ones to bring change to an old boys' network that doesn't want any disturbances to the status quo.  We basically have to hope the old boys hurry up and die so the new boys can make some new things happen.

What concerns me are the people who come here to be so disruptive and irrational.  I consider CM a little slice of America which means there are exponentially more people in the country who think exactly as we do.  Fortunately, most of us are fair and as honest as we can manage to be and keep our personal lives private but the anger and hostility I've seen here is scarey when I realize there are so many more like you. 

There are many more like those of us who believe in fair play but still...it only takes one angry, hate-filled man to get through the President's security system...he lives with what we know based on the hostility in some of your replies, cubed.  There are people who believe as some of you believe who have access to military-grade weapons and explosives. 

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

It sounds to me like you are discribing republicans. Romney is supposed to be Mormon, but he thinks nothing of lying through his teeth. He will say anything he has to say, until he is elected, which won't happen. Then we would see the real Romney.

Right, like republicans are the ONLY party that spew lies. And Romney is the first politician to flex his views.

As far as I'm concerned politicians are all liars. Show me one that's actually done what they promised to do..

JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM

You swallowed the bait.  Heh, heh, heh. 

What you wrote is what many people have written who know they can't best me in a debate.

You said you were going to continue to avoid me; I agreed you should stick to your resolve.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Doesn't matter to me if it was ... she truly isn't worth my time.  I'd rather have discussions with those want to share information, not with ones who manipulate everything they say just to have the last word.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

P.S.  *scary

Quoting JonJon:

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM
4 moms liked this

Does someone other than you think that you are a good debater?

Most of what I have witnessed is that you are just long winded, and passionately married to the false idea that Obama is defensible.  Of course that is just my opinion.

Quoting JonJon:

Cha!  It was good advice that she heed her self-advice!  I'm an excellent debater!  YOU know that!  :)  Here, I'll c&p that little clue again: 

You agitatin'?  You're like some kid on a playground trying to get two people to fight for your amusement.  Ugh.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

P.S.  *scary

Quoting JonJon:

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM
4 moms liked this

Same here..

Somebody  has an overinflated sense of self.  Those always make the worst debaters.  The truly ignorant rarely see their own ignorance. ;)

(and just so it's not thrown back in my face.. I never claim to know all there is about all subjects discussed.  The best debaters are willing to admit when they get something wrong, and acknowledge a point to someone else.)

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JonJon:

7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Well said ... all the way around :)

Quoting Jambo4:

Same here..

Somebody  has an overinflated sense of self.  Those always make the worst debaters.  The truly ignorant rarely see their own ignorance. ;)

(and just so it's not thrown back in my face.. I never claim to know all there is about all subjects discussed.  The best debaters are willing to admit when they get something wrong, and acknowledge a point to someone else.)

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JonJon:

JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

It doesn't matter whether anyone else believes I'm a good debater.  It only matters that I believe it or I wouldn't be here debating.  No matter how hard one person tells another she or he is good at some sort of performance or discipline, if that person doesn't believe it of himself or herself, he or she won't be convinced and won't excel in that area.

Everyone here believes she's  or he's) good at expressing her(him) self and making her(his) cases or no one would be here. 

Perhaps you're the exception but I won't assume; I'll ask. 

Do you consider yourself a good debater?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Most of what I have witnessed is that you are just long winded, and passionately married to the false idea that Obama is defensible.  Of course that is just my opinion.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

P.S.  *scary

Quoting JonJon:

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

LOL!  I don't believe in false modesty.  People who do that are so fakey while saying self-effacing things to milk compliments from people.  If I wasn't so good at what I do, you guys wouldn't be talking about me and trying to tear me down!  I won't let you!  Hah!  Take that!  *snaps fingers*

I'll throw it in your face; where have I written I know all there is to know about all subjects discussed?  It's not my fault you get that impression because I'm so darned good at what I do!  :P

The best debaters give an impression of self-confidence!  Half the battle is believing in one's ability to win!  That is the point of debate.  In debriefing one will discuss where one needs to do more research and make stronger points and will discuss which points weren't effective.

You're getting debate confused with friendly, sociable conversation.

Quoting Jambo4:

Same here..

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JonJon:

JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Ah, so...you won't talk TO me but you'll talk ABOUT me...okay.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Well said ... all the way around :)

Quoting Jambo4:

Same here..

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JonJon:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Actually, I don't think that I am very good at debating. I believe myself to be very well informed, but have very little patience for nonsense, so I get easily bored with debating someone who clearly has less information.

Quoting JonJon:

It doesn't matter whether anyone else believes I'm a good debater.  It only matters that I believe it or I wouldn't be here debating.  No matter how hard one person tells another she or he is good at some sort of performance or discipline, if that person doesn't believe it of himself or herself, he or she won't be convinced and won't excel in that area.

Everyone here believes she's  or he's) good at expressing her(him) self and making her(his) cases or no one would be here. 

Perhaps you're the exception but I won't assume; I'll ask. 

Do you consider yourself a good debater?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

P.S.  *scary

Quoting JonJon:

Scary.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting DixieL:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)