Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama: I Was "Just Too Polite" with Romney

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:06 AM
  • 94 Replies
6 moms liked this

By Aaron Goldstein on 10.10.12 @ 5:02PM

President Obama just can't let that bad debate go.

During a radio interview this morning, Obama attributed his subpar performance to being "too polite" with Mitt Romney.

President Obama can be accused of being many things. Being too polite isn't one of them. If looking down at your shoes and appearing otherwise irritable is Obama's idea of being polite then I don't think he's going to help himself by being angry. While I suspect he won't adopt a southern accent, demagoguery does not become him whatever his dialect.

Clearly Obama just doesn't get it. He didn't lose the debate on account of being too polite. He lost because he had no energy, could not defend his record in office and, as I argued yesterday,just wasn't intelligent enough to be in the same room with Romney.

(The American Spectator)

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this

chick

billsfan1104
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:19 AM
5 moms liked this
Bwhahhhhahhhhaa. The media and this administration cant let it go. No wonder the polls are better than expected for Romney. Because people are seeing Obama for what he really is and crybaby press.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

slightlyperfect

PamR
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM
6 moms liked this

We'll see how the next one goes.  He was definitely not at his best that night, for whatever reason.  Romney certainly  had more energy, although it's interesting that the content of the debate - i.e., Romney telling one "fib" after another, apparently isn't important.

cbk_mom3
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM
4 moms liked this

Wow. Just wow. He and his minions will use any excuse in the book. He's such a loser, and he knows his days are numbered. Get packin' Obeyme, your'e on your way out! Oh, and ima, I just gotta share this one, too good not to!

cbk_mom3
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM
6 moms liked this

And, here's another good one!

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Wow. Just wow. He and his minions will use any excuse in the book. He's such a loser, and he knows his days are numbered. Get packin' Obeyme, your'e on your way out! Oh, and ima, I just gotta share this one, too good not to!

LOL... love the cartoons!

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I heard that interview too.  I just shook my head.  They just won't admit defeat.

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

While watching the debate, it looked to me as if he thought that his smirks, scoffs, and disinterest were answering for him.  Polite?  No way.  A polite person makes eye contact with the person, keeps a slight smile or straight face, and is interested in the other person's position.  I did not see that in the debate.  We the people needed to actually hear what was going on in his head when he was making what appeared to me to be smirks and scoffs.  We were not enlightened and we decided he lost the debate.  You can't win a debate with the things you are thinking....it needs to actually come out of your mouth.  Someone needs to tell him this.

JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Quoting billsfan1104:

Bwhahhhhahhhhaa. The media and this administration cant let it go. No wonder the polls are better than expected for Romney. Because people are seeing Obama for what he really is and crybaby press.

Point me to those polls, please.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)