Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama: I Was "Just Too Polite" with Romney

Posted by   + Show Post

By Aaron Goldstein on 10.10.12 @ 5:02PM

President Obama just can't let that bad debate go.

During a radio interview this morning, Obama attributed his subpar performance to being "too polite" with Mitt Romney.

President Obama can be accused of being many things. Being too polite isn't one of them. If looking down at your shoes and appearing otherwise irritable is Obama's idea of being polite then I don't think he's going to help himself by being angry. While I suspect he won't adopt a southern accent, demagoguery does not become him whatever his dialect.

Clearly Obama just doesn't get it. He didn't lose the debate on account of being too polite. He lost because he had no energy, could not defend his record in office and, as I argued yesterday,just wasn't intelligent enough to be in the same room with Romney.

(The American Spectator)

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Oh, by the way; it made me giggle to read those words while looking at the face of a fool.  :)

april fools

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Then how about this, JonJon?

Bluerooffarm is one of the nicest, most intelligent women on this board. She has been here for months and has been nothing but an ASSET to the group. 

You, on the other hand have come on here swinging, taking on all the regular right wingers. That's great and all, but you've gone after two really nice members and acting kind of like an asshole to people who have actually engaged in DEBATE instead of this garbage you're tossing around.

You may not care what other women on here think about you, but consider this: YOU AREN'T DOING OBAMA ANY FAVORS BY ACTING LIKE A JACKHOLE.

Something you are free to think about or, conversely, ignore.

Makes no difference to me.

Quoting JonJon:

Dedicate your energies to cultivating your own image.  I'm not worried about mine.

All liberals are not equal, and not everyone who calls herself a liberal, is.  We don't all have to think or be the same.  That's the glory of being American.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Back off, JJ. 

You're starting to look like a fool.

Sincerely, 

A Fellow Liberal

Quoting JonJon:

You may not be voting for either but I've only seen you act pro-Romney.  Or anti-Obama.  Have I missed all the stuff you've written as to why you believe Romney should not be president?

Considering how jugmental you are, I'll bet you did a lousy job of judging high school debates.  High school debates are a bit different from Presidential debates, wouldn't you say?  I lot more hinges on them?

You are not objective and contradicted yourself.  You said the President was rude because of his behavior; shook his head (better than just shouting an interruption when he disagreed), scoffed?  I wonder what scoffing looks like to you.  I saw the President knit his eyebrows once when Romney said something he thought was incorrect.  Is that scoffing?  He's a human being; he reacts when someone tells a lie and Romney told a few.  The President shifted in an irritated way?  How about he was standing on a stage for 90 minutes and shifted to give that side of his body a rest?  I noticed how the President spent most of the time with his body weight resting on his left leg; the President is left-handed (means he's in his right mind) and left-legged be he had to give his leg a rest.

It's interesting, yet again to see the varying perspectives.  Did you correct all those people complaining the President didn't look at Romney, choosing instead to look at the audience, the camera, or the moderator?  I would seriously appreciate it if you'd provide me a link to the page(s) where you did that.

I always believe whatever I want to believe.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I judged high school debates while in college and I (again) taught debate to high school students.  Seeing as how I am not voting for either of these gentlemen, I believe that I am a bit more objective than most.  But whatever you want to believe.

Quoting JonJon:

You obviously never received training in how to objectively and accurately judge a debate.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

His spoken words may have been polite, but his mannerisms were not.  He would have made a better impression if he had come out and said that he thought Romney was mistaken in x, y, and z.  He didn't.  He shook his head, scoffed at some of Romney's comments, shifted like he was agitated... however, he did not come out and say what was wrong and how it was wrong. 

Also I taught debate for 3 years in Virginia.  I always told my kids to either look at the back row of the audience or the moderator with a relaxed smile or straight face while the opposition was speaking.  Make VERY brief notes to yourself very quickly when a point strikes you during their speech.  Make sure to use the notes to articulate what you were thinking.  The moderator or judge has no idea what you are thinking and thoughts aren't debate.  You need to say it for it to count.

President Obama lost that debate and not because he was too polite.  I hope he brushes up on numbers and comes out swinging in the next debate because this one really bored me.

Quoting JonJon:

I'm getting the impression that you guys need to go back and watch the debate a couple more times.

The President was soft-spoken and controlled, he made definite statements as to what he's done and will continue to do while Romney said a whole lot of nothing.

It's surprised me that even the political "experts" decided the President could have done better because he was polite rather than being loutish the way Romney was.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

While watching the debate, it looked to me as if he thought that his smirks, scoffs, and disinterest were answering for him.  Polite?  No way.  A polite person makes eye contact with the person, keeps a slight smile or straight face, and is interested in the other person's position.  I did not see that in the debate.  We the people needed to actually hear what was going on in his head when he was making what appeared to me to be smirks and scoffs.  We were not enlightened and we decided he lost the debate.  You can't win a debate with the things you are thinking....it needs to actually come out of your mouth.  Someone needs to tell him this.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM

You can see me?

Oh, no...wait...my avi's a PAINTING. That's not me, Silly.

Quoting JonJon:

Oh, by the way; it made me giggle to read those words while looking at the face of a fool.  :)

april fools

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Awww!  Shucks, Kate, thanks!  I like you too.  :-)

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Bluerooffarm is one of the nicest, most intelligent women on this board. She has been here for months and has been nothing but an ASSET to the group. 

You, on the other hand have come on here swinging, taking on all the regular right wingers. That's great and all, but you've gone after two really nice members and acting kind of like an asshole to people who have actually engaged in DEBATE instead of this garbage you're tossing around.

JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I don't go after people, they come after me; you know, just as you have done.  I answer them.  You, nor they, have to like it but you have to accept it.  I give the replies that suit me, not you, not them. 

I suspected she was a buddy.  Did she whine to you in pm? 

LOL!  And now momzilla loves you!  Just like in the Kidd Rock/Sean Penn video!  Hey, if it bring you two together in harmony, more power to you.

Obama isn't going to lose or win the President based on what little ol' me writes on little ol' CM!  I am not THAT arrogant! 

bouncing  I am not Obama; he is not I!  Anyone who makes that correlation shouldn't be allowed to vote!

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

You may not care what other women on here think about you, but consider this: YOU AREN'T DOING OBAMA ANY FAVORS BY ACTING LIKE A JACKHOLE.

Quoting JonJon:

Dedicate your energies to cultivating your own image.  I'm not worried about mine.

All liberals are not equal, and not everyone who calls herself a liberal, is.  We don't all have to think or be the same.  That's the glory of being American.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Back off, JJ. 

Sincerely, 

A Fellow Liberal

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:56 PM

You're a self-righteous, self-indulgent twit? Got it!

Blueroof didn't pm. See...she's got kids and a farm, and based on the time, I'm going to guess she's a bit busy right now.

And as far as zilla goes, you just stay out of it.

Quoting JonJon:

I don't go after people, they come after me; you know, just as you have done.  I answer them.  You, nor they, have to like it but you have to accept it.  I give the replies that suit me, not you, not them. 

LOL!  And now momzilla loves you!  Just like in the Kidd Rock/Sean Penn video!  Hey, if it bring you two together in harmony, more power to you.

Obama isn't going to lose or win the President based on what little ol' me writes on little ol' CM!  I am not THAT arrogant! 

bouncing  I am not Obama; he is not I!  Anyone who makes that correlation shouldn't be allowed to vote!

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Back off, JJ. 

Sincerely, 

A Fellow Liberal

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Oh, and you're not costing anyone any elections. You are SOOOO right about that.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Back off, JJ. 

Sincerely, 

A Fellow Liberal

JonJon
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I didn't say it was you.  I have not ever believed you a fool but it's foolish for anyone to try to "manage" me to impress their friends.

It's a painting of a fool which I like.  I like fools; their job is to make people laugh and laughter is the best medicine.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

You can see me?

Oh, no...wait...my avi's a PAINTING. That's not me, Silly.

Quoting JonJon:

april fools

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

By Aaron Goldstein on 10.10.12 @ 5:02PM

President Obama just can't let that bad debate go.

Clearly Obama just doesn't get it. He didn't lose the debate on account of being too polite. He lost because he had no energy, could not defend his record in office and, as I argued yesterday,just wasn't intelligent enough to be in the same room with Romney.

(The American Spectator)

Momzilla....Obama lost the debate because his mind was in a state of confusion. His policies are a dismal failure! You can try to explain the high unemployment, outrageous deficit, recovery effort so many times and you run out of excuses eventually~

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

First, you quoted me, I did not "come after" you. 

2.  You didn't answer anything after I gave the reasons I'm not for Romney either.

3.  I don't whine to anyone on PM.

4.  I like Kate AND I like Zilla.  They are both great gals and both FUNNY!!

and 5.  a politician's supporters can reflect on the politician.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Back off, JJ. 

Sincerely, 

A Fellow Liberal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)