Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Is your boy Romney going to help you pro-lifers OR NOT?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting vonna610:

Quoting dilateyourmind:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting dilateyourmind:

FANTASY PLATFORM. GET OUT OF DENIAL!

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/obama-campaign-romney-dishonest-on-abortion

Why do you care?

I'm sorry. Am I on the wrong page? This is the debate forum right?  This is cafemom? Right?  It is the internet. I don't have to justify myself to you. I am allowed to start a dialogue.

omg i love you

Based on what?

Her inability to answer the question, or her inability to advance a conversation?

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this

This smear attempt story was already posted.. you can find it on page 3

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM
3 moms liked this

You know, if we referenced zerO with "boy" the resident race baiter would be in here pitching a fit. You do realize that, don't you?

tsk tsk

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

This smear attempt story was already posted.. you can find it on page 3

Can you explain their strategy?

They are telling independents that Romney/Ryan are these right wing lunatics, that if elected will instantly take away their right to choose, while at the same time trying to depress the Conservative vote by telling the right that they are not right wing lunatics that if elected have no intention of taking away the right to choose.

How is that effective?

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM
3 moms liked this

For what it's worth, I'm NOT a Romney supporter and i AM pro-life, though I have some concerns about consequences if Roe v Wade were overturned altogether.  But the way I see it is this:  Romney is, at his core, pretty moderate (Romney-care in Massachusetts, anyone?  Pres. Obama thanks Romney for creating the blueprint to Obamacare).  The primary caused him to act more right wing extreme than he really is, so as to appeal to that faction of the party.  But the primary is over.  He now has to appeal to far more moderate and independent voters, many of whom are staunchly pro-choice and equally as "liberal" when it comes to social issues.  So he's had to switch around his opinion on the subject.  I can't even really say it's right or wrong.  I think it's just basic campaign strategy that every non-incumbent candidate feels they have to participate in.

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM

True.  But go right ahead and feel free to refer to our accomplished President as "zerO."  No prob.  No irony or hypocrisy there whatsoever.  Carry on.

Quoting imamomzilla:

You know, if we referenced zerO with "boy" the resident race baiter would be in here pitching a fit. You do realize that, don't you?

tsk tsk

mommymandy06
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM
4 moms liked this
Actually his plan makes perfect since! Obama could not get it either and had him repeat it a few times! Considering Obama has never made a budget in his 4 years and Romney /Ryan actually have a great plan in order! You have to set you plans before a board and it has to be approved and so forth! He shows leadership and a love for this country! Like he said he does not have to do this he wants to turn this country around and is very compassionate about it! It surely showed in the debate! I do not feel safe in this country with Obama as president! Horrible foreign policies! He is making our country look so weak! You should never gut the military as our president is doing? The republicans already knew about his little hush hush secret with blaming Benghazi attack on a YouTube video! That story is just now showing up in liberal media! The guy is a train wreck trying to keep all his lies in check while keeping the American people fooled is a full time job! Are you really worried about women's rights? Really he really has you around his finger, his distraction tactics are working with you people! :)

Quoting Sisteract:

And he doesn't have a set, mathematically viable plan that he is willing or able to articulate for that (the economy) either.

Quoting jcrew6:

The economy is a bigger issue to me and, by the looks of the polls, most Americans. Obama has failed this nation while propping up his special interest and campaign bundlers. Team Obama KNOWS their track record sucks. So, they are desperate to focus on issues that aren't even important to most Americans. And by the look of this thread(and a few others), some Obama momma's are naive or dumb enough to follow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Well, at least it isn't raaaaaaaaaaacist.

What has he accomplished? Adding 5 Trillion to the debt? That's not a good thing, FYI.

Quoting Kmary:

True.  But go right ahead and feel free to refer to our accomplished President as "zerO."  No prob.  No irony or hypocrisy there whatsoever.  Carry on.

Quoting imamomzilla:

tsk tsk

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". ~Ronald Reagan

vonna610
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting vonna610:

Quoting dilateyourmind:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting dilateyourmind:

FANTASY PLATFORM. GET OUT OF DENIAL!

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/obama-campaign-romney-dishonest-on-abortion

Why do you care?

I'm sorry. Am I on the wrong page? This is the debate forum right?  This is cafemom? Right?  It is the internet. I don't have to justify myself to you. I am allowed to start a dialogue.

omg i love you

Based on what?

Her inability to answer the question, or her inability to advance a conversation?

billie are you EVER not on here.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I feel prety confident in saying that fewer and fewer people are falling for it.

Quoting mommymandy06:

Actually his plan makes perfect since! Obama could not get it either and had him repeat it a few times! Considering Obama has never made a budget in his 4 years and Romney /Ryan actually have a great plan in order! You have to set you plans before a board and it has to be approved and so forth! He shows leadership and a love for this country! Like he said he does not have to do this he wants to turn this country around and is very compassionate about it! It surely showed in the debate! I do not feel safe in this country with Obama as president! Horrible foreign policies! He is making our country look so weak! You should never gut the military as our president is doing? The republicans already knew about his little hush hush secret with blaming Benghazi attack on a YouTube video! That story is just now showing up in liberal media! The guy is a train wreck trying to keep all his lies in check while keeping the American people fooled is a full time job! Are you really worried about women's rights? Really he really has you around his finger, his distraction tactics are working with you people! :)

Quoting Sisteract:

And he doesn't have a set, mathematically viable plan that he is willing or able to articulate for that (the economy) either.

Quoting jcrew6:

The economy is a bigger issue to me and, by the looks of the polls, most Americans. Obama has failed this nation while propping up his special interest and campaign bundlers. Team Obama KNOWS their track record sucks. So, they are desperate to focus on issues that aren't even important to most Americans. And by the look of this thread(and a few others), some Obama momma's are naive or dumb enough to follow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)