Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your boy Romney going to help you pro-lifers OR NOT?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting vonna610:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting vonna610:

Quoting dilateyourmind:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting dilateyourmind:

FANTASY PLATFORM. GET OUT OF DENIAL!

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/obama-campaign-romney-dishonest-on-abortion

Why do you care?

I'm sorry. Am I on the wrong page? This is the debate forum right?  This is cafemom? Right?  It is the internet. I don't have to justify myself to you. I am allowed to start a dialogue.

omg i love you

Based on what?

Her inability to answer the question, or her inability to advance a conversation?

billie are you EVER not on here.

I have to make my quota.

vonna610
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting vonna610:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting vonna610:

Quoting dilateyourmind:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting dilateyourmind:

FANTASY PLATFORM. GET OUT OF DENIAL!

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/obama-campaign-romney-dishonest-on-abortion

Why do you care?

I'm sorry. Am I on the wrong page? This is the debate forum right?  This is cafemom? Right?  It is the internet. I don't have to justify myself to you. I am allowed to start a dialogue.

omg i love you

Based on what?

Her inability to answer the question, or her inability to advance a conversation?

billie are you EVER not on here.

I have to make my quota.

hahaha

mommymandy06
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly kinda like obamas/ Biden view on gay marriage? They were not all for it last term but he had to go full force with it and stir it up because he has no record to go on! I think Biden got caught saying something negative about gay marriage last election! The guy is always putting his foot in his mouth! A lot of the gays caught on to him and know it is because he wants to win! It is called politics! :)

Quoting Kmary:

For what it's worth, I'm NOT a Romney supporter and i AM pro-life, though I have some concerns about consequences if Roe v Wade were overturned altogether.  But the way I see it is this:  Romney is, at his core, pretty moderate (Romney-care in Massachusetts, anyone?  Pres. Obama thanks Romney for creating the blueprint to Obamacare).  The primary caused him to act more right wing extreme than he really is, so as to appeal to that faction of the party.  But the primary is over.  He now has to appeal to far more moderate and independent voters, many of whom are staunchly pro-choice and equally as "liberal" when it comes to social issues.  So he's had to switch around his opinion on the subject.  I can't even really say it's right or wrong.  I think it's just basic campaign strategy that every non-incumbent candidate feels they have to participate in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Yeah exactly.  I really do think it's just standard operating procedure for the non-incumbent and has nothing to do with party affiliation or their true beliefs on any particular subject.

Quoting mommymandy06:

Exactly kinda like obamas/ Biden view on gay marriage? They were not all for it last term but he had to go full force with it and stir it up because he has no record to go on! I think Biden got caught saying something negative about gay marriage last election! The guy is always putting his foot in his mouth! A lot of the gays caught on to him and know it is because he wants to win! It is called politics! :)

Quoting Kmary:

For what it's worth, I'm NOT a Romney supporter and i AM pro-life, though I have some concerns about consequences if Roe v Wade were overturned altogether.  But the way I see it is this:  Romney is, at his core, pretty moderate (Romney-care in Massachusetts, anyone?  Pres. Obama thanks Romney for creating the blueprint to Obamacare).  The primary caused him to act more right wing extreme than he really is, so as to appeal to that faction of the party.  But the primary is over.  He now has to appeal to far more moderate and independent voters, many of whom are staunchly pro-choice and equally as "liberal" when it comes to social issues.  So he's had to switch around his opinion on the subject.  I can't even really say it's right or wrong.  I think it's just basic campaign strategy that every non-incumbent candidate feels they have to participate in.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this
And what would be the left's, and your, reaction if it said "your boy Obama"?

I can imagine the reaction of some on here, and it would UGLY damn fast!

Quoting dilateyourmind:

Quoting momof31995:

a few points even before I read the article.

• Romney is clearly a man and calling him a boy is extremely disrespectful.
  • Romney will not outlaw abortion he has stated he would like to overturn Roe v. Wade and take it out of the federal governments hands and put it back in the states hands. Federal government has no place in deciding abortions.

You really have the gall to go there about disrespectful?rolling on floor

YOUR BOY is more of an urban saying. I did not say Romney IS a boy.  Catch up with the times sista! hell, I'm old and "get it."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Your%20Boy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chazmom01
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Romneys plan is the same as Bush was which got us into this mess to begin with.

Quoting Dimples303:

Unfortunately, your boy Obama has dug us so far into a hole that budget cuts NEED to happen. I for one am pro-choice and always have been. That being said, I don't think the federal government should be involved and it should be decided by the people on a state wide basis. 

Planned Parenthood alone recieves a THIRD of their BILLION dollar budget from U.S. taxpayers (do the pro-lifers get a choice in this, no.) Planned Parenthood has turned abortion into a business performing more than 300,000 elective abortions per year, costing around $500 per abortion.

The Obama administrations budget for 2013 maintains a level of funding at $296,838,000 as well as funding to countless other programs representing a $6 million increase from FY 2012. (Found from the PP website directly).

IMO its unfortunate that either candidate is on the ballot because I'm not a huge fan of either one. However, the real problem is the economy and we need to make MAJOR changes to ensure our country survives and flourishes once again. Obama is offering the SAME promises he did in the last election and clearly his plan is not working. 

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Yuuuup.

Quoting DSamuels:

And what would be the left's, and your, reaction if it said "your boy Obama"?

I can imagine the reaction of some on here, and it would UGLY damn fast!

Quoting dilateyourmind:

Quoting momof31995:

a few points even before I read the article.

• Romney is clearly a man and calling him a boy is extremely disrespectful.
  • Romney will not outlaw abortion he has stated he would like to overturn Roe v. Wade and take it out of the federal governments hands and put it back in the states hands. Federal government has no place in deciding abortions.

You really have the gall to go there about disrespectful?rolling on floor

YOUR BOY is more of an urban saying. I did not say Romney IS a boy.  Catch up with the times sista! hell, I'm old and "get it."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Your%20Boy

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". ~Ronald Reagan

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JustCJ:

Meh I don't want the gov't in my body PERIOD. Be it abortion OR deciding what healthcare treatments I have or DON'T have. Pro life here.

And that's exactly as it should be. We do not need government telling us or making personal decisions concerning our health care, our personal life, etc. But it's going to be an extremely rude awaking for everyone if Obamacare is not repealed. There is a better way to make health care affordable to us without government intrusion into every aspect of our lives. IMO Obamacare will plunge us further into debt and glancing thru the text of the bill, a big portion of it doesn't even concern health care, it's more about gaining control of our lives.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think people realize that if the gov't is providing or mandating coverage of anything, especially medical, then they ARE in your life and your body.

Quoting Xlandria:

Quoting JustCJ:

Meh I don't want the gov't in my body PERIOD. Be it abortion OR deciding what healthcare treatments I have or DON'T have. Pro life here.

And that's exactly as it should be. We do not need government telling us or making personal decisions concerning our health care, our personal life, etc. But it's going to be an extremely rude awaking for everyone if Obamacare is not repealed. There is a better way to make health care affordable to us without government intrusion into every aspect of our lives. IMO Obamacare will plunge us further into debt and glancing thru the text of the bill, a big portion of it doesn't even concern health care, it's more about gaining control of our lives.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Quoting chazmom01:

Romneys plan is the same as Bush was which got us into this mess to begin with.

Quoting Dimples303:

Unfortunately, your boy Obama has dug us so far into a hole that budget cuts NEED to happen. I for one am pro-choice and always have been. That being said, I don't think the federal government should be involved and it should be decided by the people on a state wide basis. 

Planned Parenthood alone recieves a THIRD of their BILLION dollar budget from U.S. taxpayers (do the pro-lifers get a choice in this, no.) Planned Parenthood has turned abortion into a business performing more than 300,000 elective abortions per year, costing around $500 per abortion.

The Obama administrations budget for 2013 maintains a level of funding at $296,838,000 as well as funding to countless other programs representing a $6 million increase from FY 2012. (Found from the PP website directly).

IMO its unfortunate that either candidate is on the ballot because I'm not a huge fan of either one. However, the real problem is the economy and we need to make MAJOR changes to ensure our country survives and flourishes once again. Obama is offering the SAME promises he did in the last election and clearly his plan is not working. 

The "Blame Bush" game never goes away, does it. Let's, however, go with yours, and others statements that Bush got us into this mess. Well guess what, it's Obama that has just kept digging our hole deeper & deeper. How deep will get spending 2 Trillion dollars a year on Obamacare? You know, Obama could save us some money if he'd just stay home more & do some real work. I don't mean the kind where's inserting his name into documents that he has no business doing that with. Somebody better tell him that being president DOES NOT mean he can jolly well do whatever he wants to. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)