Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Is your boy Romney going to help you pro-lifers OR NOT?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Replies (41-50):
brandydesiree
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Umm NO! I don't think Romney is going to have time to bother with social issues in the next four years. There are way to many more important things to worry about, like the economy and our country's national security.

I think most republican's understand that while it is an important issue, it won't matter at all if the bottom falls out of our already fragile country.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples303
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Obama and his team are painting Romney as a "Bush Clone" to distract people from the real problems. Everyone hates Bush and if Obama can link Romney to Bush in any way, people will eat it up.

Times have changed and we need to deal with our ticking time bomb of debt. We are the most indebted nation in history and our economy is going to collapse with our out of control spending, entitlements and record deficits. At least Romney has his eyes open and can see there is in fact a HUGE problem. 

Obama's plan:Spend more money, implement Obama-care, pass another big stimulus and make our country dependent on the government. Romney's plan:Cut unnecessary spending, balance budgets and jump-start the economy...

As I have said before, I am not crazy about either candidate, but which will have a better shot at healing our crumbling country??

Quoting chazmom01:

Romneys plan is the same as Bush was which got us into this mess to begin with.

Quoting Dimples303:

Unfortunately, your boy Obama has dug us so far into a hole that budget cuts NEED to happen. I for one am pro-choice and always have been. That being said, I don't think the federal government should be involved and it should be decided by the people on a state wide basis. 

Planned Parenthood alone recieves a THIRD of their BILLION dollar budget from U.S. taxpayers (do the pro-lifers get a choice in this, no.) Planned Parenthood has turned abortion into a business performing more than 300,000 elective abortions per year, costing around $500 per abortion.

The Obama administrations budget for 2013 maintains a level of funding at $296,838,000 as well as funding to countless other programs representing a $6 million increase from FY 2012. (Found from the PP website directly).

IMO its unfortunate that either candidate is on the ballot because I'm not a huge fan of either one. However, the real problem is the economy and we need to make MAJOR changes to ensure our country survives and flourishes once again. Obama is offering the SAME promises he did in the last election and clearly his plan is not working. 

NewYorkMommy103
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM
He's so pro life but so with supporting the death penalty. Yea that sound about right lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! Can't have it both ways...but people don't seem to get it.

Quoting DSamuels:

I don't think people realize that if the gov't is providing or mandating coverage of anything, especially medical, then they ARE in your life and your body.

Quoting Xlandria:

Quoting JustCJ:

Meh I don't want the gov't in my body PERIOD. Be it abortion OR deciding what healthcare treatments I have or DON'T have. Pro life here.

And that's exactly as it should be. We do not need government telling us or making personal decisions concerning our health care, our personal life, etc. But it's going to be an extremely rude awaking for everyone if Obamacare is not repealed. There is a better way to make health care affordable to us without government intrusion into every aspect of our lives. IMO Obamacare will plunge us further into debt and glancing thru the text of the bill, a big portion of it doesn't even concern health care, it's more about gaining control of our lives.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcrew6
by Jenney on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting chazmom01:

Psssst, Obama has carried over quite a few Bush era policies. I hate to burst your bubble with facts, but perhaps you should do a little research.
rnchelle93
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM
I will be voting for Obama because of his stance on abortion. Or at least its one very big reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hannswed
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Someone's an angry elf! Why so hateful?
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM
So many don't realize that the President has NO POWER over this topic!

Roe v. Wade won't be overturned...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof31995
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.'

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

Love says, 'I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person.' Abortion says, 'I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself.'
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

So many don't realize that the President has NO POWER over this topic!

Roe v. Wade won't be overturned...

Yes, he does. The President has the power to appoint Supreme Court Justices who support abortion or respect for life. He can veto bills such as President Bush did with partial birth abortion. Bush inspired prolife advocates thru out his Presidency similar to former Pres. Reagan. I recall radio addresses from both Presidents offering courage to those active in the prolife movement. I disagree Riley's mom. I believe abortion will be overturned!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN