Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Who are you voting for and why?

Poll

Question: Who are you voting for?

Options:

Romney

Obama

Johnson

Undecided

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 178

View Results

Why are you voting for this person specifically?
What made you be sure about your decision?

Any valid addition FACTS please state and support your answer with evidence, graphs, reports etc.
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Replies (131-136):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I would have loved to have a couple 3rd party candidates debate. .. the more to show how pathetic Obama has been as a president. wink mini

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Thank you for the information.

I understand the rules to a certain extent because anyone can, in theory, run for president. You obviously can't have a debate with more than, say, 7 people, but we have parties--nationally established parties--that are not participating in the debate. And that's sad to me. I know it's been this way for awhile, so it's not like I'm spouting some new concern I've recently developed, but it still is a pain in the ass.

Quoting Ichthus:

The other candidates are not allowed to participate in the debates! The R's and D's have created 'rules' to keep the 3rd party candidates out of the major debates. During the 2000 election, the CPD stipulated that candidates would only be invited to debate if they had a 15% support level across five national polls. There will be a debate between the 3rd party candidates, though (Obama and Romney have been invited, but I don't think either one has agreed to participate). The debate will be broadcast via satellite and online at www.freeandequal.org and Link TV on October 23rd.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I'm ridiculously undecided and pissed off the other candidates are not participating in this upcoming debate.

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

3kiddosgone
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Add all the Johnson votes (currently 9%) to Romney, Republican and you have 49%.

Keep it the way that it is and Johnson elects Obama by taking away votes and giving Romney 40% and Obama 46%. 

Johnson has NO chance of winning, it is a waste of your time and vote.  Make your vote count and vote for Obama or Romney.  (preferably Romney/Ryan)

Nimil
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:06 AM

voting for obama because romney is pretty much against everything i care about.

Sweet_Britt
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM
I would love for ANYONE to show me Romneys plans. I watched all the debates, I've checked out his political page and I've watched multiple media outlets and I can not for the life of me keep track of what Romney wants.

And as important as the economy is, and I agree it is, it is NOT the only reason to vote. I have yet to see any track record that shows how Romney would fix anything!

The only thing I'm seeing coming from he GOP is scare tactics and I'm truly astonished by the amount of people who just blindly believe and take it for fact. The only thing I've gotten out of any of this, is the republicans absolute distaste for the Dems/libs.

I've yet to see one answer the questions above from others without insulting Obama or his followers or talking about what Obama didn't do. I'd love just a straight up outline of what Ronmey is going to do and how!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I know I won't be voting for another 4 years of the same crap. But, I have serious issues with Romney as well.

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Did Big Bird teach you that? What a smart little girl you are!

Quoting _Kissy_:

Because O comes before R.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN