Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Who are you voting for and why?

Poll

Question: Who are you voting for?

Options:

Romney

Obama

Johnson

Undecided

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 178

View Results

Why are you voting for this person specifically?
What made you be sure about your decision?

Any valid addition FACTS please state and support your answer with evidence, graphs, reports etc.
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
Charlene4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Gary Johnson.
My views do not match up 100% with any of the candidates, to be honest. I chose Gary Johnson because my views align more with his than they align with Obama or Romney.

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM
4 moms liked this

Romney/Ryan 2012

The economy.

The current President is clearly in over his head.

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM
6 moms liked this

Please reconsider wasting your vote.

If your views align more with a Republican (which is what he was), vote for one.

Romney

Quoting Charlene4:

Gary Johnson.
My views do not match up 100% with any of the candidates, to be honest. I chose Gary Johnson because my views align more with his than they align with Obama or Romney.

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Gary Johnson.  It's time to audit or outright end the Fed.  It's time to call a truce on the "war on drugs."  The government should not have the power to fly drones over American airspace or detain citizens for more than 48 hours without evidence enough to convene a grand jury.  Education and MANY other issues should be figured out at the state or local levels.  There should be fairer ballot access for third party candidates and they should be included in debates.  The partisanship in Washington is staggering and we need to start working together if we want to move forward.  I think a sold third party vote will wake up some of the career politicians in Washington to the fact that we the People are unhappy with what they are doing.

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

**sold= solid 3rd party

Charlene4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I don't see that they have anything in common, actually. I should say, on issues that I find very important, they differ. They do have some things in common.

Quoting imamomzilla:

If your views align more with a Republican (which is what he was), vote for one.

Romney

Quoting Charlene4:

Gary Johnson.

deepthinker
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm voting for Obama because I agree with his stance on the majority of the issues. ( I don't think anyone can agree 100%)

Anyway... I believe Obama is honest because he has kept 38% of his campaign promises, Compromised on 15% (Which shows bipartisanship), 21% have been proposed an awaiting disposition.

I think he get's a lot of opposition from the republican but have made some very important contributions to the United states.

Here is a list of his accomplishments:

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/what-has-obama-done-since-january-20-2009.html

here is a list of promises kept:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/promise-kept/

Here is a list of his proposals (in the works):

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/in-the-works/

deepthinker
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Romney

Quoting Charlene4:

Gary Johnson.

How are you going to tell someone how to vote?  That is her choice and her choice only.  Although I may not agree with her choice, I won't try and persuade her my choice is better.  If her choice aligns with her views then you need to get over it.

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I will be voting for Obama simply because I in no way agree with Romney or his party's platform.  While I wish I could just vote for no one and get a reworked version of this two party mess but I think that voting is our one chance to speak our voice nationally and make changes that we want and so far Obama is the candidate I want to see make the changes.

-Eilish-
by Johnson 2012 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Gary Johnson was NEVER a Republican in the way Romney is a "Republican." There's NOTHING similar about them. A vote for Romney is a wasted vote b/c you're voting to maintain the status quo. Anyone who votes for Romney deserves to loose to Obama.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Romney

Quoting Charlene4:

Gary Johnson.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)