Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Vice President Biden Laughing

Posted by   + Show Post

Although I do think the VP debate was very close to a draw, much of that is Biden's demeanor, which IMO really damaged his credibility. The GOP wasted no time highlighting it:

Now of course Biden was doing his "that's malarky stuff" laugh as a way to laugh off Ryan, but I found it grating and unbecoming after the first time. The thought that comes to me is, "This is a seasoned, mature politician with much more years under his belt, this is the Vice President. Is this really how he presents himself after all that?" While Ryan was articulate, he lacked gravitas and a bold manner, yet that is something he can grow into as a VP.

If Biden had reflected the respect due to his office, he would have won, IMO. Yet his manner, something we have little to no reason to expect him to change, was found wanting.

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Replies (121-130):
Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JavaMom2one:

Personally, I found Biden's laughing a big turn off.  I found much of his behavior not only disrespectful to the debate but also to me, a voter, because I honestly wanted to hear BOTH candidates talk.

Biden constantly butted in over Ryan, on so many occasions, came across like his debate style/plan was to simply not let Ryan finish a single sentence so the voters couldn't hear/understand a thing Ryan wanted to say.

Seriously, does Biden act like this when foreign diplomats come to town or when he's traveled abroad to represent the United States?  Tackless!

On another note, I see several comments about how the unemployment is going down thanks to Obama, but I clearly recall watching a program on CNN that showed the unemployment figures and stating that once a person had come to the end of his/her unemployment benefits they are no longer counted in the unemployment figures.  Meaning that those figures may look to have gone down but it doesn't take into account how many individuals are no longer receiving benefits due to the fact that they hit the end of the line on them.  So I don't put a whole lot of stock in the idea the unemployment has gone down.  I think there is a whole lot of "unemployed" Americans who simply are no longer counted.

Right, at minimum real unemployment is somewhere between 14 and 16 percent.

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DixieL:

I thought he only laughed when he knew that he caught Ryan in another lie, and he couldn't wait to answer it. The president let all of Romneys lies go, on the first debate, which won't happen again. I think Joe smiled, everytime he caught Ryan in a lie, and I believe he swept up the floor with Ryan. The president won't let Romneys lies go this time. He will win, as big as Joe did.

Unfortunately Biden didn't laugh or smile every time HE lied, which would have been helpful.

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting DixieL:

I thought he only laughed when he knew that he caught Ryan in another lie, and he couldn't wait to answer it. The president let all of Romneys lies go, on the first debate, which won't happen again. I think Joe smiled, everytime he caught Ryan in a lie, and I believe he swept up the floor with Ryan. The president won't let Romneys lies go this time. He will win, as big as Joe did.

Unfortunately Biden didn't laugh or smile every time HE lied, which would have been helpful.

I didn't hear any of Joes lies. It would have been Ryan, laughing or smiling, if he thought Joe was lying, but he didn't.

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Biden said he voted against paying for two wars with a credit card, which is flat-out wrong.  Biden voted in favor of both wars and he also voted for the emergency war supplementals several times.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting DixieL:

I didn't hear any of Joes lies. It would have been Ryan, laughing or smiling, if he thought Joe was lying, but he didn't.

JonJon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I wrote we shouldn't treat the vice-presidency as ojt where Ryan is concerned; he is sorely lacking in the knowledge and characteristics required to do the job.

I was quite impressed that Ryan didn't bother trying to tell the lie the Dems didn't submit a budget but that lie was not beyond you. No huge surprise.

Certain jobs are delegated to members of Congress; Ryan was delegated the job of knowing how much money was needed to keep our embassies safe. He failed.

Biden said the Executive Branch had not gotten any intel though the intel community was aware something was going to happen somewhere. We have over two hundred embassies worldwide and quite a few in places that are known to hotspots. Obviously, monetary resources and manpower would have been moved to any embassy in time to protect Americans had there been definite knowledge where and when an attack would occur. It's sheer lunacy to believe the President or the State Department would sit on that kind of info.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

You crack me up JJ. I put both of your quotes and you have the nerve to to say that I misrepresented what you wrote.  No, I copied what you wrote on one posting and quoted you on the other posting and simply asked you which one was the truth.  Was it comment A or was it comment B?  Because they were the opposites but yet you still have yet tell your readers which way you are flip flopping today.

Let me see if I got this right.  You are actually saying that being the President of the United States is on the job training but the VP is not?  I want to make sure that I am understanding you before I comment.

Let's talk straight facts.  The Consulates Office requested security.  It was denied.  Who denied it?  The State Department.  Did Intel indicate that there was a security threat? Yes it did.  Was the administration aware of this, yes it was according to those that have come out and commented on it.  Was the administration aware of what happen right after the attack took place?  Yes, it did based on this week's previous hearings.  Did Biden have this Intel?  You bet he did.  Did Biden throw the Intel community under the bus?  Yes he did during the debate.  And did he lied.  Yes, he did.  

You can not ignore the facts. 

As for Ryan's qualifications.  We need someone that can crutch numbers and get this economy back in line.  Obama and Biden had a chance and the only thing they have accomplished is getting our credit rating lowered, putting our agencies at  a detriment for not giving them a budget for over 3 1/2 years, weakening our foreign policy and hurting our economy by not knowing what the heck they were doing. 

Quoting JonJon:

You're a glutton for punishment.

1. Typical of you and your ilk, you deliberately misrepresent what I wrote.  I didn't say laughing in anyone's face is a great debate skill, I said it's a tactic that Biden employed to unnerve Ryan and it worked.  I don't believe the President should or will do that but I expect the President will smile at some of Romney's lies and flip-flops when next they meet.

2. Actually, the job of POTUS is on-the-job training for all but the VPs who successfully take over from their bosses but some men bring more and and some bring less of the right kind of experience to the job.  Anyone can crunch numbers as Paul Ryan does, but not everyone comes to the office with the people skills,  foreign affairs and other experience President Obama received when he co-chairman of the committee on foreign affairs...wait, here's a list of the committees on which Senator Obama sat: 

Obama held assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations, Environment and Public Works, and Veterans' Affairs through December 2006.[90] In January 2007, he left the Environment and Public Works committee and took additional assignments with Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.[91] He also became Chairman of the Senate's subcommittee on European Affairs.[92] As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Obama made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa. He met with Mahmoud Abbas before Abbas became President of the Palestinian National Authority, and gave a speech at the University of Nairobi in which he condemned corruption within the Kenyan government.

Here's a list of Ryan's committees:  Ryan knows money; that's important but the President knows people; that's more important.  He knew more about and cared more about people than Ryan ever has.  The President dedicated his life before politics to helping people, Ryan ran in marathons then lied about how well he did.  He crunched the numbers in his favor. 

Ryan can count but we can't count on Ryan to count right; he decreased the embassy security budget by $300.000 million dollars and had the nerve to point fingers and avoid answering when Biden asked him to acknowledge it takes money to hire more people to be bodyguards.

When you read the President's resume before becoming President you read something quite impressive.  When you read Ryan's resume, you read something a bit embarrassing as it reads as if it belongs to an unremarkable college student.  Here's a few excerpts: 

Ryan attended St. Mary's Catholic Schoolin Janesville, where he played on the seventh-grade basketball team.[16] He attended Joseph A. Craig High Schoolin Janesville, where he was elected president of his junior class, and thus became prom king.[17] As class president Ryan was a representative of the student body on the school board.[6] Following his sophomore year, Ryan took a job working the grill at McDonald's.[6] He was on his high school's ski, track and varsity soccer teams and played basketball in a Catholic recreational league.[18][19][20] He also participated in several academic and social clubs including the Model United Nations.[6][18] Ryan and his family often went on hiking and skiing trips to the Colorado Rocky Mountains

~Ryan majored in economics and political science at Miami University in Oxford, Ohi

~ Ryan worked summers as a salesman for Oscar Mayer and once got to drive the Wienermobile

Well, now we know why Ryan is such a big weiner. 

This is a list of the committees on which he has been assigned:

Committee assignments

Comparatively, his is a very undistinguised bio.  Do you want me to post Barack Obama's?  You KNOW how good it is.

And last, I get a kick from being told I condone lying by someone who wouldn't know the truth if it slapped her in the face.

slap

TRUTH

If you're going to call Joe Biden a liar, support your statement.  Meanwhile, Ryan lied the whole way through the debate.  I don't have to support that statement because the Vice-President himself called Ryan on those lies and Ryan had no comebacks.  It's extremely stupid to lie in the presence of a guy who knows every cobblestone on Capitol Hill and knows where all the skeletons are buried.

Thanks, Private Joker R Us; I enjoyed that.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Oh come now......Do you think you can get away with making some tacky comments and not get called on it?  I am surprised at you.  But at least one can see that you can't defend the comments.....  ;  )

Quoting JonJon:

I'm not surprised you're doing your usual bsing but I KNOW you aren't fingerpointing and moralizing, Private Joke! 

You can't have a decent discussion without taking it to name-calling and insults.  In case you haven't realized, I've given you more than enough opportunities to show you can have a grown-up discussion.  You've failed all but once.  The odds of this being an honest-to-goodness rational discussion isn't good. 

Have a nice life.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Your comment explains a lot.  Who else would think that laughing in someones face think that it is a great debate skill?

Now, I know you aren't below voting for someone that needs "on the job training."  You voted for Obama didn't you and we all know that  he did and still does need on the job training.

Last, how is it that you can vote for a man that lied to the American public right out of the gate of the VP debate?  Biden lied about the Libya fiasco and yet you condone it.  Why?

Quoting JonJon:

The Vice-President deftly disarmed the usually cocky, arrogant Ryan by laughing in his face!  That Biden is debate-savy!  It worked, too, because Ryan's face was red from embarrassment almost the whole time and his throat was so dry he drank half a pitcher of water. At one point, Ryan's eyes got watery; I thought he was going to cry

You shouldn't be advocating the Vice-Presidency as on-the-job training for Ryan.  Let's stay with the well-seasoned political veteran who has know "Bibi" Netanyahu for 39 years.

annabl1970
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL PamR did not mentioned who she call man who lied during the debate. But I can see you know who is the liar :):):) so you jumped in his ( liar-Ryan) defense.

Quoting imamomzilla:

I don't know...why don't you tell us why you're voting for that liar, Obama?

Also, please explain how you can vote for a serial plagiarist like Biden.

Birds of a Feather.

Quoting PamR:

How can you vote for a man who lied during the presidential debate?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. You just got initiated into the club of JJ Insults.  Well, at least it is nice to know that the insults are directed at anyone that speaks the truth on either side of the fence.  :  )

Quoting funnymommy71:

You need to read the reply by someone who found my post the exact opposite.  Thanks for your support!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I find your answer refreshing and honest.  I thought Biden would mess the debate up by what he said.  Instead he messed it up by what he did not say.  Thanks for being honest and opened.

Quoting funnymommy71:

"Well seasoned veteran".. and debate savvy?  I know high school and law school debaters who were clearly upset by his demeanor (that act more maturely than do) watching this.   Look, I voted Obama/Biden in 2008.   I LIKED Biden, I really did even before he was picked as VP, knew he was brassy and hard lined.  BUT, This is potential PRESIDENTIAL behavior in the only VP debate?  COCKY, brazen and quite honestly BACK- PEDALLING as hard as he had to to dig out Obama's Epic fail....... I am an Independent- former Democrat and I am SO embarrassed and disgusted in his antics.  He came off as an ass, period.  I could not care less what came out of his mouth, because his Cheshire cat grin and constant laughter fouled it all.  This is their strategy to win another election? I really don't think any of our problems are laughable and showed disgrace. HE  lost this Independent and SOOO many of us I know of. P.S. Don't buy the Ryan was going to cry, he was just as upset as millions others were in Biden's 3 year old behavior. My 4 year old daughter pulls this stuff.  If Ryan reacted as Biden, the media would be all over him as a nut job- Ryan was clearly trying to be the adult though 28 years his junior.  How would you REACT to this kind of crap as a Mom.  Can't give Biden a time out- though he clearly needs a permanent one.  Not real crazy about Romney either, but he was a thousand times better than the seasoned Biden in his debate.  LOVED Me some Ron Paul that threw all the Corporate whore's under the bus in his debates!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I did not touch the many issues addressed in debate as off topic here, as this was clearly about Biden's behavior only.  

Ron Paul- not forgotten........ never was bought out as a WHORE as the other 4.  Pass it on.  3 party system.........a dream

Quoting JonJon:

The Vice-President deftly disarmed the usually cocky, arrogant Ryan by laughing in his face!  That Biden is debate-savy!  It worked, too, because Ryan's face was red from embarrassment almost the whole time and his throat was so dry he drank half a pitcher of water. At one point, Ryan's eyes got watery; I thought he was going to cry

You shouldn't be advocating the Vice-Presidency as on-the-job training for Ryan.  Let's stay with the well-seasoned political veteran who has know "Bibi" Netanyahu for 39 years.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM

No one has said that they have not presented a budget (and if I did I mis-typed it). THEY HAVE NOT PASSED A BUDGET.  WE ARE ON A CONTUING RESOLUTION RIGHT NOW. 

JJ, which Embassies are unsafe?  Kabul? Colombia? B.A? Peru? Canada?  Please tell me.  And what does this have to do with the Libya fiasco that your glorified administration failed to protect? 

Although, you put Obama on a throne.  HE AND HIS ADMINISTRATION MESSED UP.  It has already been proven that the administration ignore the Intel.  Right now, Biden is throwing the Intel community under the bus however, the WH just came out and said that Biden's comment is not completely true.  The State Department is back peddling on their initial statement about the video and now the Chiefs of Staff, the spooks and Panetta are all saying that the Intel was there and presented.  So what part of this can't you wrap your little head around?  That Obama is not the man that you wish him to be or that your beloved left wing liberal administration messed up again? 

Quoting JonJon:

I wrote we shouldn't treat the vice-presidency as ojt where Ryan is concerned; he is sorely lacking in the knowledge and characteristics required to do the job.

I was quite impressed that Ryan did bother trying to tell the lie the Dems didn't submit a budget but that lie was not beyond you. No huge surprise.

Certain jobs are delegated to members of Congress; Ryan was delegated the job of knowing how much money was needed to keep our embassies safe. He failed.

Biden said the Executive Branch had not gotten any intel though the intel community was aware something was going to happen somewhere. We have over two hundred embassies worldwide and quite a few in places that are known to hotspots. Obviously, monetary resources and manpower would have been moved to any embassy in time to protect Americans had there been definite knowledge where and when an attack would occur. It's sheer lunacy to believe the President or the State Department would sit on that kind of info.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

You crack me up JJ. I put both of your quotes and you have the nerve to to say that I misrepresented what you wrote.  No, I copied what you wrote on one posting and quoted you on the other posting and simply asked you which one was the truth.  Was it comment A or was it comment B?  Because they were the opposites but yet you still have yet tell your readers which way you are flip flopping today.

Let me see if I got this right.  You are actually saying that being the President of the United States is on the job training but the VP is not?  I want to make sure that I am understanding you before I comment.

Let's talk straight facts.  The Consulates Office requested security.  It was denied.  Who denied it?  The State Department.  Did Intel indicate that there was a security threat? Yes it did.  Was the administration aware of this, yes it was according to those that have come out and commented on it.  Was the administration aware of what happen right after the attack took place?  Yes, it did based on this week's previous hearings.  Did Biden have this Intel?  You bet he did.  Did Biden throw the Intel community under the bus?  Yes he did during the debate.  And did he lied.  Yes, he did.  

You can not ignore the facts. 

As for Ryan's qualifications.  We need someone that can crutch numbers and get this economy back in line.  Obama and Biden had a chance and the only thing they have accomplished is getting our credit rating lowered, putting our agencies at  a detriment for not giving them a budget for over 3 1/2 years, weakening our foreign policy and hurting our economy by not knowing what the heck they were doing. 

Quoting JonJon:

You're a glutton for punishment.

1. Typical of you and your ilk, you deliberately misrepresent what I wrote.  I didn't say laughing in anyone's face is a great debate skill, I said it's a tactic that Biden employed to unnerve Ryan and it worked.  I don't believe the President should or will do that but I expect the President will smile at some of Romney's lies and flip-flops when next they meet.

2. Actually, the job of POTUS is on-the-job training for all but the VPs who successfully take over from their bosses but some men bring more and and some bring less of the right kind of experience to the job.  Anyone can crunch numbers as Paul Ryan does, but not everyone comes to the office with the people skills,  foreign affairs and other experience President Obama received when he co-chairman of the committee on foreign affairs...wait, here's a list of the committees on which Senator Obama sat: 

Obama held assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations, Environment and Public Works, and Veterans' Affairs through December 2006.[90] In January 2007, he left the Environment and Public Works committee and took additional assignments with Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.[91] He also became Chairman of the Senate's subcommittee on European Affairs.[92] As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Obama made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa. He met with Mahmoud Abbas before Abbas became President of the Palestinian National Authority, and gave a speech at the University of Nairobi in which he condemned corruption within the Kenyan government.

Here's a list of Ryan's committees:  Ryan knows money; that's important but the President knows people; that's more important.  He knew more about and cared more about people than Ryan ever has.  The President dedicated his life before politics to helping people, Ryan ran in marathons then lied about how well he did.  He crunched the numbers in his favor. 

Ryan can count but we can't count on Ryan to count right; he decreased the embassy security budget by $300.000 million dollars and had the nerve to point fingers and avoid answering when Biden asked him to acknowledge it takes money to hire more people to be bodyguards.

When you read the President's resume before becoming President you read something quite impressive.  When you read Ryan's resume, you read something a bit embarrassing as it reads as if it belongs to an unremarkable college student.  Here's a few excerpts: 

Ryan attended St. Mary's Catholic Schoolin Janesville, where he played on the seventh-grade basketball team.[16] He attended Joseph A. Craig High Schoolin Janesville, where he was elected president of his junior class, and thus became prom king.[17] As class president Ryan was a representative of the student body on the school board.[6] Following his sophomore year, Ryan took a job working the grill at McDonald's.[6] He was on his high school's ski, track and varsity soccer teams and played basketball in a Catholic recreational league.[18][19][20] He also participated in several academic and social clubs including the Model United Nations.[6][18] Ryan and his family often went on hiking and skiing trips to the Colorado Rocky Mountains

~Ryan majored in economics and political science at Miami University in Oxford, Ohi

~ Ryan worked summers as a salesman for Oscar Mayer and once got to drive the Wienermobile

Well, now we know why Ryan is such a big weiner. 

This is a list of the committees on which he has been assigned:

Committee assignments

Comparatively, his is a very undistinguised bio.  Do you want me to post Barack Obama's?  You KNOW how good it is.

And last, I get a kick from being told I condone lying by someone who wouldn't know the truth if it slapped her in the face.

slap

TRUTH

If you're going to call Joe Biden a liar, support your statement.  Meanwhile, Ryan lied the whole way through the debate.  I don't have to support that statement because the Vice-President himself called Ryan on those lies and Ryan had no comebacks.  It's extremely stupid to lie in the presence of a guy who knows every cobblestone on Capitol Hill and knows where all the skeletons are buried.

Thanks, Private Joker R Us; I enjoyed that.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Oh come now......Do you think you can get away with making some tacky comments and not get called on it?  I am surprised at you.  But at least one can see that you can't defend the comments.....  ;  )

Quoting JonJon:

I'm not surprised you're doing your usual bsing but I KNOW you aren't fingerpointing and moralizing, Private Joke! 

You can't have a decent discussion without taking it to name-calling and insults.  In case you haven't realized, I've given you more than enough opportunities to show you can have a grown-up discussion.  You've failed all but once.  The odds of this being an honest-to-goodness rational discussion isn't good. 

Have a nice life.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Your comment explains a lot.  Who else would think that laughing in someones face think that it is a great debate skill?

Now, I know you aren't below voting for someone that needs "on the job training."  You voted for Obama didn't you and we all know that  he did and still does need on the job training.

Last, how is it that you can vote for a man that lied to the American public right out of the gate of the VP debate?  Biden lied about the Libya fiasco and yet you condone it.  Why?

Quoting JonJon:

brittanyx22
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I think it was totally inappropriate. That man is a loose cannon at best.
TAG_ur_it
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM

i laugh at people when i catch them in blatant lies too.  to me, it makes him much more relatable. that was the first time i've actually been able to enjoy hearing him speak. quite frankly, he'd have won my vote in an instant if he'd have let his irish take over and just smacked the hell out of that little shit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN