Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Vice President Biden Laughing

Posted by   + Show Post

Although I do think the VP debate was very close to a draw, much of that is Biden's demeanor, which IMO really damaged his credibility. The GOP wasted no time highlighting it:

Now of course Biden was doing his "that's malarky stuff" laugh as a way to laugh off Ryan, but I found it grating and unbecoming after the first time. The thought that comes to me is, "This is a seasoned, mature politician with much more years under his belt, this is the Vice President. Is this really how he presents himself after all that?" While Ryan was articulate, he lacked gravitas and a bold manner, yet that is something he can grow into as a VP.

If Biden had reflected the respect due to his office, he would have won, IMO. Yet his manner, something we have little to no reason to expect him to change, was found wanting.

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
5 moms liked this

If I was him, I would have been laughing at Ryan, too. 

Lisa1273
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM
2 moms liked this

It's not the first time Biden has made himeself look like a jack ass & it won't be his last!

Romney 2012

jean_marie1987
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:15 AM
I like the Cheshire Cat!

Quoting garnet83:

I kept thinking about the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland. if biden were to have had any good points, imo, they would have been lost in his behavior.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:12 AM
6 moms liked this

Hi,

If you know all the lies that comes out of Romney and Ryan you have to interrupt them continuously.

As far as why Biden is laughing....he is laughing because Romney and Ryan are such outright blatant liars that it is unfathable!

Lie how,lie who...Ryan...Romney

Yes...them....how..you say....heres just a few!

They are the ones asking for stimulus money to grow their small business,Yet bashing Obama for to much spending that we need to do to grow the economy,R/R want to cut PA out for their own pockets-captial gains tax helping solely the rich,R/R wants to over turn roe-vs-wade to cut womens rights to recieving medical health services like plan parenthood,birth control,and womens rights,they are the ones sending jobs to China look up BAINPORT.com....how Romney is a private invester-silent partner and sole business is to buy and sell small companies to make money.He hires and fires leaving families jobless.

All Romney cares about is profit and not the people.Dont believe me look up Leo Gerard in Freeport Illinois from the NON UNION plant united steelworkers.The stories will send chills up your spine about this man you want to elect as president.

Biden laughed because if he didnt....my friend Ryan....would have been drinking his water through a straw.

Rosie Perez had that same laugh Biden did in this clip on HardBall when she addresed easier to be Latino to Mitt Romney.

From The Super Pac...actually.org

http://leanforward.msnbc.com/_news/2012/10/12/14400324-comedian-driven-super-pac-ad-hits-romney-on-latino-policies

~Tia

treeswallow
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
3 moms liked this

have you ever laughed when you heard someone say something so untrue that you couldn't believe they were spewing it from their mouth? Obviously not if your only thought is Biden is being rude and immature. Of course if RMoney was smirking, being interruptive and "assertive" he would be hailed as a leader and be given pats on the back for a good debate. I think Ryan looked pitiful Thursday night. Pounding that water, smacking his lips, clearly looking like he didn't quite fit in, way above his head. Biden called him out on a lot of things and still why are we not talking about the lies spewing from his mouth, or the fact that he still is stalling and refusing to give details? Yeah he is all talk, hating the stimulus but turns out he asked for money to create jobs. He talks about working with democrats, but repubs have repeatedly shunned Obama and refused to pass any of his jobs bills. He couldn't even give a better response than his little jab in regards to RMoney's 47% comment. They have all of sudden fallen in love with the middle class, and are now for 100%, but those who are smart are not going to fall for that load of crap. They are just fishing for votes. They don't care about the middle class, they sure as hell do not care about the poor. They care about their agenda and helping out their croonies. 

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this

TurboMom81
"They used to shout my name, now they whisper it"
Yesterday at 6:51 PM
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM
3 moms liked this
Ryan has no clue! This debate made that quite obvious! I was undecided but now, I'm voting OBAMA!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MentorMom1
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Your quote by Ryan, and the photo of the sleeping college grad, doesn't fly with me. Necessity has always been the mother of invention., If kids need a job, they should go out and do whatever it takes to make a buck. Tough beans if the economy isn't the way it should be. Somehow our parents and grandparents made it through the Great Depression. My husband was laid off under both Republican and Democratic administrations over the years. He had to go out and find work at whatever  - until a job in his career field came along. The real world isn't easy for anyone, regardless of who is in office. If that were my kid in bed, feeling sorry for himself, I'd tell him to get up and get busy. Volunteer for a non-profit in his career field. Flip burgers for a while. Make himself useful. I got my first job out of college by volunteering.

Quoting imamomzilla:

That's your idea of "savvy"? More like disrespectful and obnoxious...but then again, dirty debating seems to be your forte.

Paul Ryan is athletic. People who are active drink a lot of fluids. Guess you're not familiar with that. ;-)

Remember, the candidate who wins is just a "heartbeat away". My pick is for the adult in the room...not Krusty the Clown.

Quoting JonJon:

The Vice-President deftly disarmed the usually cocky, arrogant Ryan by laughing in his face!  That Biden is debate-savy!  It worked, too, because Ryan's face was red from embarrassment almost the whole time and his throat was so dry he drank half a pitcher of water. At one point, Ryan's eyes got watery; I thought he was going to cry

You shouldn't be advocating the Vice-Presidency as on-the-job training for Ryan.  Let's stay with the well-seasoned political veteran who has know "Bibi" Netanyahu for 39 years.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:53 PM

MentorMom1
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I have been incredulous many times in my life, and it takes great control not to laugh or smirk. Is it possible Biden was simply stunned by Ryan? I think that might have been the case. And I think Obama was stunned by Romney's flip-flopping at the first debate, but had an entirely different reaction. In any case, his scoffing made Ryan look like a liar. And that was the whole point.

I heard an interesting discussion on the Diane Rheme show on NPR last week. They were discussing the debates. The question was asked, Why don't Romney and Ryan give specifics on the loopholes they'll close and other aspects of their economic plan.  The answer they give for delaying is that they want to wait until after the election and work it out in a bipartisan way, reaching across the aisle.

Well, that answer doesn't make sense. If Romney wins, and the Republicans win a majority in the House, which might happen, they will be able to pass all Romney's programs without a problem. In that case we need to know NOW what they are thinking. Not later.

And if they don't win the House, we still need to know. It makes a huge difference in how people may vote.

Quoting treeswallow:

have you ever laughed when you heard someone say something so untrue that you couldn't believe they were spewing it from their mouth? Obviously not if your only thought is Biden is being rude and immature. Of course if RMoney was smirking, being interruptive and "assertive" he would be hailed as a leader and be given pats on the back for a good debate. I think Ryan looked pitiful Thursday night. Pounding that water, smacking his lips, clearly looking like he didn't quite fit in, way above his head. Biden called him out on a lot of things and still why are we not talking about the lies spewing from his mouth, or the fact that he still is stalling and refusing to give details? Yeah he is all talk, hating the stimulus but turns out he asked for money to create jobs. He talks about working with democrats, but repubs have repeatedly shunned Obama and refused to pass any of his jobs bills. He couldn't even give a better response than his little jab in regards to RMoney's 47% comment. They have all of sudden fallen in love with the middle class, and are now for 100%, but those who are smart are not going to fall for that load of crap. They are just fishing for votes. They don't care about the middle class, they sure as hell do not care about the poor. They care about their agenda and helping out their croonies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN