Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Vice President Biden Laughing

Posted by   + Show Post

Although I do think the VP debate was very close to a draw, much of that is Biden's demeanor, which IMO really damaged his credibility. The GOP wasted no time highlighting it:

Now of course Biden was doing his "that's malarky stuff" laugh as a way to laugh off Ryan, but I found it grating and unbecoming after the first time. The thought that comes to me is, "This is a seasoned, mature politician with much more years under his belt, this is the Vice President. Is this really how he presents himself after all that?" While Ryan was articulate, he lacked gravitas and a bold manner, yet that is something he can grow into as a VP.

If Biden had reflected the respect due to his office, he would have won, IMO. Yet his manner, something we have little to no reason to expect him to change, was found wanting.

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Replies (41-50):
samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I think his laughter made him look human.

He did better than i could...i would have been rolling on the floor laughing.

Biden came off more human, Ryan came off as a robot.

dogging on Biden for his laughter is reaching IMO. The fact that he laughed his ass off, does not mean he is not ready to run a country. At least he doesn't have a big stick shoved up his ass....his laughter made that very evident. He is relaxed & layed back...and i like that. You don't have to be a total tight ass to be president or vice president.

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't give a fuck if Biden was rude...he had much better info to bring to the table.

In fact...im glad he was rude to Ryan.

waaaaaaa cries the republican party......there's better shit to be debating right now in politics.

aihendricks86
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

What I can't afford is to be treated like my family and I don't matter. I am in the 47% that he "doesn't need to worry about." My husband works his ass off every day. I'm a full time student. We have 4 kids and our oldest is disabled. If Romney is elected, they'll take away my kid's health insurance so they can't see the dr. ( My husband and I don't have any, so we can't go to the dr anyway. BTW, if obamacare passes, Medicare will be expanded so we'll both be eligible) That said, anyone that makes less than a million dollars a year and still plans on voting for Romney is completely out of their mind.

Quoting imamomzilla:

I don't know...why don't you tell us why you're voting for that liar, Obama?

Also, please explain how you can vote for a serial plagiarist like Biden.

Birds of a Feather.

Quoting PamR:

How can you vote for a man who lied during the presidential debate?

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Look, I'm sorry about your personal situation... but please turn off the TV.

MSM has sold you a bill of goods and all that fear-mongering and emotional hype is keeping you from making an informed decision. You owe it to your children to do some independent research.

None of those things you'd said will happen when Romney wins.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Quoting aihendricks86:

What I can't afford is to be treated like my family and I don't matter. I am in the 47% that he "doesn't need to worry about." My husband works his ass off every day. I'm a full time student. We have 4 kids and our oldest is disabled. If Romney is elected, they'll take away my kid's health insurance so they can't see the dr. ( My husband and I don't have any, so we can't go to the dr anyway. BTW, if obamacare passes, Medicare will be expanded so we'll both be eligible) That said, anyone that makes less than a million dollars a year and still plans on voting for Romney is completely out of their mind.

Quoting imamomzilla:

I don't know...why don't you tell us why you're voting for that liar, Obama?

Also, please explain how you can vote for a serial plagiarist like Biden.

Birds of a Feather.

Quoting PamR:

How can you vote for a man who lied during the presidential debate?

Voting 3rd party is like dipping your toe in the shallow end of the political pool.

voting

Use your brain and don't waste your vote.

Romney/Ryan 2012.

Because we can't afford 4 more years.

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Like...? Shall we start with being lied to about Libya?

Quoting samurai_chica:

I don't give a fuck if Biden was rude...he had much better info to bring to the table.

waaaaaaa cries the republican party......there's better shit to be debating right now in politics.

"Profanity is the last resort of an ignorant (wo)man"

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Even better...lets talk about those great plans Mitt has under his sleeve.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting samurai_chica:

7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM
3 moms liked this

When you use language like like this, I'd bet you don't care about much ... or at least not much self respect and explains why you think being rude to others is okay.  Just sayin.

Quoting samurai_chica:

sarebear31976
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure anyone who watches Fox news, or listens to conservative talk radio has any right to accuse the main stream media of fear mongering and emotional hype.  

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM

"Well behaved women seldom make history"

Fuckfuckfuck-shitshitshit....lol...I have no kettle stop trying to call it black....lol...

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting samurai_chica:

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Is that the topic you'd like to debate...who has a better quote?

Quoting samurai_chica:

"Well behaved women seldom make history"

Fuckfuckfuck-shitshitshit....lol...I have no kettle stop trying to call it black....lol...

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting samurai_chica:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

-Eleanor Roosevelt-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)