Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Does anyone have info on these issues?

Posted by   + Show Post

If in anyone is willing to take the time to help me out. I am finding the presidential elections very confusing. One says one thing and the other says something different. I have looked at their websites, but hardly any facts are given. I need some help with facts.

1. China. Obama says the Republicans and Romney support tax cuts for companies that send business overseas and that he supports tax cuts for businesses who will bring their jobs back here
Romney says he wants to bring business back to the US as well.
Are they both on the same page? Does one have a history of supporting outsourcing and one have a history of trying to get jobs back? These things are hard to find when you don't have the best research skills.

2. Energy. Romney's plan is to use more of America's natural resources and in doing this he will create more jobs here and cut spending by getting oil from overseas. This sounds great, but how will this impact our environment? I like the idea of solar and wind and things like that, I do worry about what drilling and all of that will do to the environment. What are your thoughts on this?

3. Taxes. I am not a numbers person. I don't understand tax plans, all I can go on is what they say and they are both promising a tax plan that will help the middle class.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Replies (51-60):
7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Had to interject comment in blue at the bottom ...

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting gsprofval:

Every small business will certainly be affected by obama's tax plan--they will have to pay an 8% payroll tax just for obamacare--plus employees will also have to pay more in taxes.

This is also false.  Where do you get your information?  Do you have actual proof where this is in the bill.  Never heard of a relation between health care and payroll taxes.

Try reading the actual bill; it's also all over the news.

It is? show it to me.  You are wrong, it does nothing to payroll taxes. Please show proof to this.

I couldn't copy and past the table. I personally, on my W2 "claim 0, married but withhold at the single higher rate"..becase back 18 years ago, when I claimed 1 when I had my first son, we ended up having to pay the gov't $3000. Because my dh also, claimed 1. Only one of us can claim our sons, so my dh does it, because he earns less. According to the table under the Romney plan my taxes will go down any where from 6.6% to 7%. Under the Romney plan, there'll be changes to my deductions as well. But I'll have more in my paycheck every week, and that's what pays my bills.

Yes Romney plans to make a 20% cut across the board.  Yes while it might mean you have a little more in your pocket.  It also means the rich people will have hundred of thousands more in their pocket. And to pay for the riches tax cut they will have to get rid of deductions you take advantage of. The CBO estimates your family will end up paying 2,000 more a year.  Romney says that won't happen, but offers no explanation why.  To pay for the giant giveaway to the rich and not add to the deficit the experts agree it will hit the middle class, so you will have to pay for the wealthy tax giveaway in the end.

Do you really believe this nonsense, or are you just an activist pushing this ridiculous position?

Both of your quotes are telling me I'm wrong, without any reasoning behind saying that.  What I have stated about taxes is exactly what the experts who looked at his plan say will have to happen, 

like the expert Harvey Rosen Obama and his campaign keep citing when they make up a Romeny's $5 trillion tax plan (remember Romney saying I don't know what you are talking about?).  Harvey Rosen's study said no such thing yet the Obama campaign wants to make up their own version of Romeny's plans.  It's a talking point that is false.

it it's not to add to the deficit as promised.  Do you have an explanation, explaining otherwise?  I know you didn't get your explanation from Romney because he has yet to even mention one deduction he would end.  You can call it ridiculous if you like, but you should also explain what part is ridiculous.  The part about Solyndra that I posted is a timeline of how the events happened, which part do you disagree with. When you ell people they are wrong, you should explain yourself.

7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Just commented the same thing ... hadn't gotten to your reply yet!

Quoting Carpy:

Would that be the experts what spoke against the Obama campaign for lying about what they said?

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting gsprofval:

Every small business will certainly be affected by obama's tax plan--they will have to pay an 8% payroll tax just for obamacare--plus employees will also have to pay more in taxes.

This is also false.  Where do you get your information?  Do you have actual proof where this is in the bill.  Never heard of a relation between health care and payroll taxes.

It is? show it to me.  You are wrong, it does nothing to payroll taxes. Please show proof to this.

I couldn't copy and past the table. I personally, on my W2 "claim 0, married but withhold at the single higher rate"..becase back 18 years ago, when I claimed 1 when I had my first son, we ended up having to pay the gov't $3000. Because my dh also, claimed 1. Only one of us can claim our sons, so my dh does it, because he earns less. According to the table under the Romney plan my taxes will go down any where from 6.6% to 7%. Under the Romney plan, there'll be changes to my deductions as well. But I'll have more in my paycheck every week, and that's what pays my bills.

Yes Romney plans to make a 20% cut across the board.  Yes while it might mean you have a little more in your pocket.  It also means the rich people will have hundred of thousands more in their pocket. And to pay for the riches tax cut they will have to get rid of deductions you take advantage of. The CBO estimates your family will end up paying 2,000 more a year.  Romney says that won't happen, but offers no explanation why.  To pay for the giant giveaway to the rich and not add to the deficit the experts agree it will hit the middle class, so you will have to pay for the wealthy tax giveaway in the end.

Do you really believe this nonsense, or are you just an activist pushing this ridiculous position?

Both of your quotes are telling me I'm wrong, without any reasoning behind saying that.  What I have stated about taxes is exactly what the experts who looked at his plan say will have to happen, it it's not to add to the deficit as promised.  Do you have an explanation, explaining otherwise?  I know you didn't get your explanation from Romney because he has yet to even mention one deduction he would end.  You can call it ridiculous if you like, but you should also explain what part is ridiculous.  The part about Solyndra that I posted is a timeline of how the events happened, which part do you disagree with. When you ell people they are wrong, you should explain yourself.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:08 PM

embarrassedTo my defense I had just come home from working my 2nd of 4 12hr night shifts. But even still my math isn't so good. Thanks for the correction.

Quoting brandydesiree:

This is all correct....except 10% of 40million is 4 million, not 40k.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting EmilyJ0610:

If in anyone is willing to take the time to help me out. I am finding the presidential elections very confusing. One says one thing and the other says something different. I have looked at their websites, but hardly any facts are given. I need some help with facts.

1. China. Obama says the Republicans and Romney support tax cuts for companies that send business overseas and that he supports tax cuts for businesses who will bring their jobs back here
Are they both on the same page? Does one have a history of supporting outsourcing and one have a history of trying to get jobs back? These things are hard to find when you don't have the best research skills.  Romney's stance is if business are overwhelmed with taxes they have no money for jobs and ultimately some will close because their taxes become too much.Romney wants to cut that from the current 35% to 25%. Romney as a businessman I believe did take advantage of outsourcing..it was the democrats that signed NAFTA that started the job outsourcing mess. Romney wants to hold China accountable for their acts, and wants to stop borrowing money from them hand over fist which is what Obama has been doing for 4 years. If China called next week and said "pay up America" we'd all be learning Mandarin. Go to Romney's website it explains in English, not legalese what his plans are.

2. Energy. Romney's plan is to use more of America's natural resources and in doing this he will create more jobs here and cut spending by getting oil from overseas. This sounds great, but how will this impact our environment? I like the idea of solar and wind and things like that, I do worry about what drilling and all of that will do to the environment. What are your thoughts on this? Unfortunately companies are already engaging in "fracking" the splitting of shale for natural gas. Which is SUPER cheap and there's an abundance of under North America. Obama also said "NO" to the Keystone expansion. He's closed driling rigs and after the oil spill in the Gulf did nothing to ensure it's clean up. People from that area can probably tell you more about the "blue flu" than I can. Obama also gave a $90bill tax break to Solyndra, a solar power company. That went belly up after Obama gifted them $90bill in tax breaks...enough to cover oil for 50 years. He's also given tax breaks to oil companies and the price of gas has practically doubled during Obama's term. I also worry about the environment, we do only have 1 Earth..and I'd like to leave a (realtively) clean Earth to my kids, grandkids and great-gandkids..but with all the unrest in the Middle East, we really need to be self reliant with regard to our energy. The cost of electricy has also risen during Obama's reign.

3. Taxes. I am not a numbers person. I don't understand tax plans, all I can go on is what they say and they are both promising a tax plan that will help the middle class. Businesses are being taxed at a 35% rate, the highest in the world..Obama wants to raise that to almost 40%..among other taxes as well that affect businesses. Romney's stance is that if businesses are so heavily taxed they won't have money to hire new employees and some may be forced to close which would increase unemployment. Romney touts his plan as a "fairer, flatter tax system". Steve Forbes said this many years ago and got shellacked by the press. Forbes position was that if everyone paid the same tax rate, for the sake of easy math (cuz' mine isn't so good) say 10%. So those that eared $40K would pay $4000 and those that earned $40mill would pay $40K, there'd be no need for deductions, no problems with loopholes and the IRS as a dept would be significantly reduced. Romney said at last week's debate, that he's promoting a principal, and wants to work with democrats and republicans to figure out the path to get to the principal. Romney wants to come together with both sides to find solutions that make both sides content, and reach the end result. He said "it doesn't have to be my way..but OUR way". He did this in MASS when he was govenor, met with both sides every week to discuss the issues of MASS and how they could best solve them.

I suggest you go to Romney's website and read his plans.

brandydesiree
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM
You're welcome. I knew it was a simple error, but some people on here are vicious. I didn't want you getting your head bit off.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

embarrassedTo my defense I had just come home from working my 2nd of 4 12hr night shifts. But even still my math isn't so good. Thanks for the correction.

Quoting brandydesiree:

This is all correct....except 10% of 40million is 4 million, not 40k.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting EmilyJ0610:

Are they both on the same page? Does one have a history of supporting outsourcing and one have a history of trying to get jobs back? These things are hard to find when you don't have the best research skills.  Romney's stance is if business are overwhelmed with taxes they have no money for jobs and ultimately some will close because their taxes become too much.Romney wants to cut that from the current 35% to 25%. Romney as a businessman I believe did take advantage of outsourcing..it was the democrats that signed NAFTA that started the job outsourcing mess. Romney wants to hold China accountable for their acts, and wants to stop borrowing money from them hand over fist which is what Obama has been doing for 4 years. If China called next week and said "pay up America" we'd all be learning Mandarin. Go to Romney's website it explains in English, not legalese what his plans are.

2. Energy. Romney's plan is to use more of America's natural resources and in doing this he will create more jobs here and cut spending by getting oil from overseas. This sounds great, but how will this impact our environment? I like the idea of solar and wind and things like that, I do worry about what drilling and all of that will do to the environment. What are your thoughts on this? Unfortunately companies are already engaging in "fracking" the splitting of shale for natural gas. Which is SUPER cheap and there's an abundance of under North America. Obama also said "NO" to the Keystone expansion. He's closed driling rigs and after the oil spill in the Gulf did nothing to ensure it's clean up. People from that area can probably tell you more about the "blue flu" than I can. Obama also gave a $90bill tax break to Solyndra, a solar power company. That went belly up after Obama gifted them $90bill in tax breaks...enough to cover oil for 50 years. He's also given tax breaks to oil companies and the price of gas has practically doubled during Obama's term. I also worry about the environment, we do only have 1 Earth..and I'd like to leave a (realtively) clean Earth to my kids, grandkids and great-gandkids..but with all the unrest in the Middle East, we really need to be self reliant with regard to our energy. The cost of electricy has also risen during Obama's reign.

3. Taxes. I am not a numbers person. I don't understand tax plans, all I can go on is what they say and they are both promising a tax plan that will help the middle class. Businesses are being taxed at a 35% rate, the highest in the world..Obama wants to raise that to almost 40%..among other taxes as well that affect businesses. Romney's stance is that if businesses are so heavily taxed they won't have money to hire new employees and some may be forced to close which would increase unemployment. Romney touts his plan as a "fairer, flatter tax system". Steve Forbes said this many years ago and got shellacked by the press. Forbes position was that if everyone paid the same tax rate, for the sake of easy math (cuz' mine isn't so good) say 10%. So those that eared $40K would pay $4000 and those that earned $40mill would pay $40K, there'd be no need for deductions, no problems with loopholes and the IRS as a dept would be significantly reduced. Romney said at last week's debate, that he's promoting a principal, and wants to work with democrats and republicans to figure out the path to get to the principal. Romney wants to come together with both sides to find solutions that make both sides content, and reach the end result. He said "it doesn't have to be my way..but OUR way". He did this in MASS when he was govenor, met with both sides every week to discuss the issues of MASS and how they could best solve them.

I suggest you go to Romney's website and read his plans.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting gsprofval:

Both of your quotes are telling me I'm wrong, without any reasoning behind saying that.  What I have stated about taxes is exactly what the experts who looked at his plan say will have to happen, it it's not to add to the deficit as promised.  Do you have an explanation, explaining otherwise?  I know you didn't get your explanation from Romney because he has yet to even mention one deduction he would end.  You can call it ridiculous if you like, but you should also explain what part is ridiculous.  The part about Solyndra that I posted is a timeline of how the events happened, which part do you disagree with. When you ell people they are wrong, you should explain yourself.

Please explain to me HOW if my tax rate is reduced by 6-7% and I have as much as $300 per week MORE in my pocket, I'm going to end up paying $2000 extra per year?

Where does that figure come from, because honestly, I can't find the validation for it.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting mommom2000:

Obama wants to and always has wanted to raise the individual tax rate to 39, the same as it was under Clinton, when Bush enacted these tax cuts they were always meant to expire, Obama wants them o expire for anyone making over 250,000.  Some small business do file as individuals but only 3 % of businesses who do make that much.  Obama said during the debate he wanted to lower corporation taxes to 28%. Obama has never suggested raisinfcorporation taxes, only individual taxes for the wealthy.

Yes, it might be only 3%, but what if your family or you and your husband owned a business that fell within that 3%?? Not such a small number now is it?  And what happened if say..2% of businesses of that "only" 3% had to shut their doors? What would happen to the unemployment rate? And of the remaining 97% how many of those are we willing to gamble with that won't say "I can't do this anymore" close their doors BEFORE loosing everything they own?

IMHO, we should close the loopholes for millionaires, as a start. And maybe re-adjust the tax brackets...I have 2 children, a home, been married for 21 years, one of my 2 is in college. And in my 23years of employemnt (22 with the same company), I have always had to pay my taxes as "claim 0, married but withhold at the single higher rate". I had to pay the gov't $3000 once..once. I'll NOT ever have to do that again. I can't afford another bill..whether it's to Best Buy, Macy's or the U.S. gov't.

I'm not even sure what you are getting at.  You do realize this is profit, after expenses, payroll etc.  Do you also realise that the first 250,000  of that hypothetical husbands profit will be taxed at the lower rate.  So if that husband made a profit of 280,000 only 30,000 of that will be taxed 4% higher. If you take the average profit of the 3% of small business that is in that category the average profit is 8 million dollars in profit.  A lot of that 3 percent aren't even job creators they are sports stars , movie stars, hedge fund managers, who employ no one.  I think you are blaming the wrong people for your tax bill.

Fine, even still WHY would you want to give the gov't MORE money??? That $30K could be 2 or 3 part time employees. Romney wants to reduce the current tax rates. I cannot claim my children without OWING the gov't money in April. So I am married and am taxed at the highest rate of 35%. Under the Romney plan, that would be reduced by 7%. I can't even express to you how much more money that would be in my pocket every week. I'd be able to save money, and not care that my refund went down $500.

Obama wants to CUT the military, do you know what that will do to jobs??? Who does alot of contract work for our military? Raytheon, so if there are defense cuts what happens to those contracts? Those jobs??

And just to let you know...that $280,000 you referred to, won't be taxed the way you mentioned. Just the extra $30K at the extra 4%...the ENTIRE gross adjusted income of $280,000 would be taxed at the rate of 39%. I don't know if you misspoke, but it's not part of the income over $250K that's taxed at an extra 4%, it's the ENTIRE income of $250K that's taxed at the rate of 39%.

7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I think you are asking mommom2000 this question ... I just added a comment to her comment to you. :)

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting gsprofval:

Please explain to me HOW if my tax rate is reduced by 6-7% and I have as much as $300 per week MORE in my pocket, I'm going to end up paying $2000 extra per year?

Where does that figure come from, because honestly, I can't find the validation for it.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Yes I was, you're right.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

I think you are asking mommom2000 this question ... I just added a comment to her comment to you. :)

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Quoting maddyistheone:

Common sense will tell you the reason both Romney and Ryan will not even tell you one loophole or tax deduction they will reform (eliminate) to pay for the 20% across the board tax cut should tell you that they DO NOT want you to know because you will not like it.A 6-7% tax reduction will put $300-400 (maybe more) in my pocket every WEEK, and I'm saying no to that why?? Please tell me. Because that extra money I can save and pay my bills. I can't pay my November mortgage payment with my April refund.  And remember across the board means the cuts to the middle class will be significantly less than those of the rich and because the income gap is so wide the offset to those dollars is going to be paid for by who? I'd LOVE to see how, because I can't claim ANY thing on my W2..I can't claim myself, my dh OR my kids. NOTHING, NO ONE. As a matter of fact (I've said this before) I HAVE to claim "0 and married but withhold at the single higher rate", otherwise I OWE the gov't money in April. I'm not poor, I'm not rich, honey, I AM the middle class and I'm getting squeezed NOW, and it's gotten worse over the last 4 years. Sorry but I can't afford another 4 years of the same thing. Not the poor, and certainly not the rich who make most of their income of investments rather than labor and those (capital gains) dollars are also excluded along with dividends and the death tax and you cannot comprehend that basic mathematics means they will be paid for by the middle class.  And you have already been told that the financial wizards have already calculated that means middle class actual taxes will go up by thousands of dollars.   Not to mention the fact that at the debate, Romney stated he's promoting a PRINCIPAL, and that he's open to ideas from dems and republicans alike as to how we get the the end result. That it's not just Romney's way..he wants democrats and republicans to sit together and find solutions that make both sides content.

Those arguing that their paycheck will be bigger are quite short sighted that at tax time they will be shelling out money that had better been saving for.  Or you can put it on the credit card and really start putting yourself in the hole the Republican Party has been digging for the middle class for years. Odd because for the first time in my 21 year marriage I have amassed almost $10K in credit card debt, which has been done over the last 4 years. You DO realize that it was the DEMOCRATS that pulled the rip cord on banking regulations and subprime mortgages? AND it was the DEMOCRATS that signed NAFTA.  They have been putting you and our government into debt for years and now telling you it has to stop with more cuts to those who do not need them.  An honest person would tell you exactly how it the cuts will be paid for and only the dishonest need to keep it a secret.  These same people tell you the want to save Medicare for you when in fact they did not like it from the beginning and have for years tried to make it disappear and privatize it.  You and other on the right say its socialized medicine and government controlled which makes it bad for the American people and also say you want to save it.  Those are contradictory statement  I guess you also think the health insurance business and the pharmaceuticals  have your best interest in mind and have such a great job on keep out cost down and service high and we do not have a major problem with the system we have had for our under 65 people.  Do you know the definition of the word gullible?  That is who the right has been counting on and yes,  it works sorry to say.  Think about the simple truth of human behavior. What we NEEDED was INSURANCE reform what our gov't gave us was HEALTHCARE reform, because insurance companies have lobbyists, and lobbyists have congressmen/women in their back pockets so which congressman/woman is going to go against a corporation that's donated to their campaign? When you find one, let me know.

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Quoting mommom2000:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting mommom2000:

Obama also gave a $90bill tax break to Solyndra, a solar power company. That went belly up after Obama gifted them $90bill in tax breaks...enough to cover oil for 50 years. He's also given tax breaks to oil companies and the price of gas has practically doubled during Obama's term. I also worry about the environment, we do only have 1 Earth..and I'd like to leave a (realtively) clean Earth to my kids, grandkids and great-gandkids..but with all the unrest in the Middle East, we really need to be self reliant with regard to our energy. The cost of electricy has also risen during Obama's re

That is completely false. He didn't give a 90billion dollar tax break to one company.  He spent 90 billion dollars toward green energy in his stimulus package.  Only 21 billion dollars of that went to actual companies, and out of those companies, less then 5 percent failed,which Solyndra was one of them, and when they gave the stimulus they accounted for some failing.  The rest of that 90 billion went to retrofitting peoples houses, high speed rail and other projects that are considered green. Also he has given tax breaks to oil companies, because the republicans position is to keep those subsidies, and Obama's position is to end them,republicans block him from doing that.

My bad on the $90bill part. Solyndra actually got a $527mill "loan" from the U.S. taxpayers. Of that we'll be paid back approx. $24mill. There's also some scuttlebutt about George Kaiser, who's company (name escapes me) also invested $300mill in Solyndra, is a rather active, supporter and donator (he's called the "bundler") for Obama's campaigns. Kaiser says that he's unaware of any donation from his company to Solyndra..sooo as prez of his company..he's saying that $300mill left his books and he's unaware of it's destination?? Bull..crap.

I believe this deal with Solyndra actually started with Bush, Obama finished the deal.  Like Joe Biden said at the debate yesterday, the republicans put out that claim of cronyism and started an unfounded witch hunt.  They found no evidence that Obama helped his friends that donated to him.  This is false.  The fact that all the bankrupt companies that received Stimulus money are heavily Democratic would cause a person to think there was anything funny going on, right? 

Two weeks before Bush's term ended he was going to sign the loan for Solyndra, however the DOE said they didn't feel Solyndra was steady enough for it, so he didn't sign. Enter Obama who pressured the DOE to go ahead and approve the loan & then Solyndra croaked. Leaving 1100 people unemployed without any warning nor severance pay. However a former CEO received almost 1/2 million dollars and the whole time Solyndra was being investigated by Federal Authorities, top executives were still receiving lucrative salaries and hefty bonus.

A top investor in Solyndra was George Kaiser. Though he denied ever meeting with anyone at the White House regarding Solyndra, he finally admitted, when e-mails surfaced, to having gone to a meeting there. George Kaiser is also a top bundler for the Obama Campaign. You might find it interesting that during 1 - 6 year period, George increased his net worth enough to make Forbes 1 of the 400 wealthiest Americans. Yet, only once did he report taxable income - in the paltry amount of $11,699. This is would be equal to him making $5.62 an hour. 

WHAT I FIND TOTALLY DISGUSTING IS THE WAY OBAMA & HIS FAITHFUL FLOCK HAVE SEEN FIT TO BASH ROMNEY & BAIN ABOUT MAKING MONEY OFF OF FAILING COMPANIES. George Kaiser made a big bulk of his fortune by taking advantage of companies in dire financial straits, (I believe that this is what Romney has been accused, tried & found guilty of by many), due to the big oil bust in Oklahoma. He didn't try to help them however, he just bought them for pennies on the dollar. GKFF has averaged more than $194 million a year in income from those assets over the last five years and issued grants that averaged about $53 million a year--or just 1.7 percent of its net assets. A big difference between that and the $4 million Romney gave away last year isn't it?

That wasn't the first time Kaiser caught the attention of government tax officials. In 1997, the Internal Revenue Service sent Kaiser and his companies' tax bills for more than $72 million in back taxes, interest and penalties, covering individual and corporate returns filed from 1986 to 1992. Kaiser filed returns showing his personal income averaging negative $860,000 between 1986 and 1991; his holding company, GBK Corp., and its subsidiaries reported an aggregate loss from 1989 to 1992 of $507,000--some years it made money and paid taxes, others it claimed losses and paid none. 

Oh, but not to worry, it'll all get swept under a rug with everything else. Pitiful and shameful.

http://reporting.sunlightfoundation.com/2011/barack-obamas-other-billionaire-how-george-kaiser-turned-oklahom/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)