Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

He voted for the War before acted like he took no part in the vote.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 22 Replies

Biden:  “By the way, they talk about this great recession like it fell out of the sky–like, ‘Oh my goodness, where did it come from?’” Biden said. “It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, at the same time, put a prescription drug plan on the credit card, a trillion dollar tax cut for the very wealthy.”

“I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”

Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”

And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erika9009
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM

He's a Democratic politician.  They vote depending on the way the political wind is blowing.  Now the Repubs do this a little too, but not to the obvious extent the Dems do.

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I get that, but don't lie about it and think we won't check.

Quoting erika9009:

He's a Democratic politician.  They vote depending on the way the political wind is blowing.  Now the Repubs do this a little too, but not to the obvious extent the Dems do.

WinningWinning
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM
4 moms liked this
Quoting erika9009:

Today for the first time I am shocked by the party that I have always leaned towards supporting.

For Bieden to lie through his huge cartoonish teeth like he did last night, insulted not only my intelligence, but the intelligence of the other savvy leaners like myself.
imamomzilla
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this

He's such a liar.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

incognito116
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM
4 moms liked this
He is suffering from democrat derangement syndrome. Can't remember the truth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erika9009
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, that's not just Democrats.  I think it would be more of a politician disease. LOL

Quoting incognito116:

He is suffering from democrat derangement syndrome. Can't remember the truth.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

erika9009
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Yeah, but when someone checks, it does not get the coverage as that first statement or headline. 

That's actually what some here and many politicians count on.  They throw an emotional headline out there knowing that's what people remember and many don't check out.  

Now I will give credit to _Kissy_ here for putting a ton of detail and references.  Being an old engineer, I like that.  However, that can even have the same affect as people roll their eyes at seeing so much.

Quoting lylalane7275:

I get that, but don't lie about it and think we won't check.

Quoting erika9009:

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

Charlene4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM
4 moms liked this

It's sad how all of them can lie and get away with it. 

brandydesiree
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
But, but, but...the Obama administration never lies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)