Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Romney asked about Blacks and the Mormon Church *Video*

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't really care about Blacks and the Mormon Church but I thought it was interesting how Romney handled the questions.  Check his last appearance in the video; he hesitated a long as he searched for the "right" way to answer the question to satisfy the reporter.  He should have been better prepared to answer that question. 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Replies (61-70):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:28 PM

True.. but so far Mitt has followed in his Dad's footsteps so I would have to lean toward emulating his Dad rather than running from his example.

Mitt also made references in 2008 about how proud he was of his Dad and his Dad's effort with civil rights (and he made the mistake of wording it as "seeing his father marching".. when in reality he was out of the country... so he hasn't mentioned much about it this time around... probably to keep that little snippet from circulating again)

Quoting Citygirlk:

That means nothing. There are a few moms here whos parent were racist and they arent does that mean that they we raised differently?

And i am in way no call mitt a racist.

Quoting Jambo4:

Citygirlk
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Then where are his old tax returns?

Lol sorry but you just made it too easy.

Quoting Jambo4:

True.. but so far Mitt has followed in his Dad's footsteps so I would have to lean toward emulating his Dad rather than running from his example.

Mitt also made references in 2008 about how proud he was of his Dad and his Dad's effort with civil rights (and he made the mistake of wording it as "seeing his father marching".. when in reality he was out of the country... so he hasn't mentioned much about it this time around... probably to keep that little snippet from circulating again)

Quoting Citygirlk:

That means nothing. There are a few moms here whos parent were racist and they arent does that mean that they we raised differently?

Quoting Jambo4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aihendricks86
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:57 PM

a choice to do what they want with their body. im totally prolife. i hate abortion. joe biden is personally against abortion but doesnt think it's right to force his view on others. paul ryan has no problem making those choices for other people.

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

SERIOUSLY?! A choice for what?

Quoting aihendricks86:

he voted for people to have a choice. thats not voting for abortion

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Sorry. That line doesn't hold water. If he doesn't believe in it, he would not have voted for it.

Quoting aihendricks86:

He didnt say he supported abortion. he doesnt personally believe in it but doesnt think its right to impose his beliefs on others

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Where is the little clips about Biden supporting abortion, even though the Catholic church is against it?

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Someone said it here that Biden let his morals/values slip on the abortion thread.  So it is ok that Romney let his religious values slip so he wouldn't look bad.

Jshuma
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

The first rule of thumb with dealing with any politician is " does it pass the smell test?" Nope! Biden is only interested in Biden, he changes his opinions with the latest pole.

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:59 AM

I see. I bet you are totally against lying or stealing too. But, it is ok for others to do it.

Quoting aihendricks86:

a choice to do what they want with their body. im totally prolife. i hate abortion. joe biden is personally against abortion but doesnt think it's right to force his view on others. paul ryan has no problem making those choices for other people.

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Quoting aihendricks86:

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Sorry. That line doesn't hold water. If he doesn't believe in it, he would not have voted for it.

Quoting aihendricks86:

He didnt say he supported abortion. he doesnt personally believe in it but doesnt think its right to impose his beliefs on others

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Where is the little clips about Biden supporting abortion, even though the Catholic church is against it?

aihendricks86
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

who r u talking about lying and stealing? mitt romney pays 14% in taxes, and I pay 28%. i kind of consider that stealing. and he lies just about every time i see him. he goes back and forth, and his people have to go back and try to fix it. its absolutely disgusting. one day hes prochoice, the next hes prolife. he just makes it up as he goes

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

I see. I bet you are totally against lying or stealing too. But, it is ok for others to do it.

Quoting aihendricks86:

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Quoting aihendricks86:

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Quoting aihendricks86:

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Quoting conniejo75:

Exactly. His faith has not been part of his platform. In fact it is the media that tries to bring it up and he refuses to debate religion at all.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting conniejo75:

I do not believe it is right to focus on religion when this is a political race. Everyone can find good and bad in all religion.

I agree.  I sure wish Romney would stop referring to his religion but I've never heard him say anything bad about it and to his credit I can't recall his saying anything bad about anyone else's religions.

Refusal to discuss religion doesn't mean that he doesn't view the world through whatever his religious prism is, or that he doesn't make decisions based on those views.

JonJon
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting conniejo75:

Exactly. His faith has not been part of his platform. In fact it is the media that tries to bring it up and he refuses to debate religion at all.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting conniejo75:

I do not believe it is right to focus on religion when this is a political race. Everyone can find good and bad in all religion.

I agree.  I sure wish Romney would stop referring to his religion but I've never heard him say anything bad about it and to his credit I can't recall his saying anything bad about anyone else's religions.

Refusal to discuss religion doesn't mean that he doesn't view the world through whatever his religious prism is, or that he doesn't make decisions based on those views.

True, lovie, but it proves he's smart and respectful enough to keep his views to himself. 

Romney is a reasonably intelligent man who stupidly and arrogantly discusses his religion as if he either believes everyone else thinks the same or he can force us to think the same.  It's just part of how he acts as if the rules don't apply to him.  The casual rule is to avoid discussion and mention of religion but he does it every time he speaks in public or to a reporter in private.

I'm sure he's fired every advisor who's tried to tell him it's best to keep his religious views to himself but he knows better than everyone; can't anyone tell him anything.

JonJon
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I'm afraid that's not the case.  Good people spoil their kids, doing everything for them and working so hard and volunteering so much they neglect teaching their kids certain values.

Then there are those parents who do everything right but their kids do everything wrong because they were born bad seeds.

I don't believe is much like his dad and it's highly possible George Romney would not approve of a lot of things his son does and has done.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting Jambo4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)