Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

If Your Candidate Is Elected?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM
  • 17 Replies

If your candidate is elected what positives do you see in how the country will be run and a better America?

~Tia

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
broncfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM
4 moms liked this

I believe that if R/R are elected it will be the sign that business needs to invest, expand and hire.  No matter if you hate big business or love it, it is what makes this country work.  What is good for business is good for each of us, because we all need jobs and a paycheck. We are seeing a preview of what is going to happen if the election goes the other way, with all these business people saying they will be cutting back, laying off or even closing.  We as a country can not afford this to happen, these owners have all the money they need personally to live the rest of their lives, they can and will close the doors and walk away or cut back to the bare minimum if they feel they are being made the sacrificial lamb for the economy and the President.  I also believe that Romney will bring respect back to the Whitehouse.  I do not think we have that respect from American citizens or the rest of the world.  I also believe we will finally get a budget and see a light at the end of this economic nightmare.  We do not seem to have a plan right now, just spend and hope, spend and try something different, spend and spin, it just is not working.  There are so many questionable things about this administration, I am sure not everything that comes out is true, but if even 1/4 is, it is too much, a Romney administration will be one of respect, action and solutions.

Three weeks ago, I had no hope that Romney would actually be elected, now I have a small hope that he might.  We had dinner over the weekend with a business contact from out of town, he said he was undecided until the first debate and it nudged him towards Romney but then the VP debate pushed him over the line and will be voting Romney.  He is from VA so his vote counts. This guy is young, 34, and very socially liberal, he is just very worried about the economy, I think most people that understand business are worried.  This and the upswing in the polls and the general political talking heads makes me think that Romney has enough time to pull this out.  I never watch FOX, I prefer to watch a channel that I do not agree with so I will go out and find the right answers and decide for myself. 

shimamab
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I'm not enthusiastic about either candidate, I just hope whoever wins will find a way to compromise and work to find solutions that will be beneficial for most Americans....especially the middle class and small businesses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
5 moms liked this

I see an increase in trade, manufacturing and hiring.  Red tape will be eliminated in many areas and progress will be made, government will be trimmed and streamlined.  

America will become more energy independent.  The dollar will become stronger.  America will rebuild.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I have great hope Romney will be elected.

But we have to watch out for cheating by Democrats, who are insistent that they win, even if it is by crook. It is sad when you have to sue the federal government to send out  absentee ballots to 92% of the miitary.

Quoting broncfan:

I believe that if R/R are elected it will be the sign that business needs to invest, expand and hire.  No matter if you hate big business or love it, it is what makes this country work.  What is good for business is good for each of us, because we all need jobs and a paycheck. We are seeing a preview of what is going to happen if the election goes the other way, with all these business people saying they will be cutting back, laying off or even closing.  We as a country can not afford this to happen, these owners have all the money they need personally to live the rest of their lives, they can and will close the doors and walk away or cut back to the bare minimum if they feel they are being made the sacrificial lamb for the economy and the President.  I also believe that Romney will bring respect back to the Whitehouse.  I do not think we have that respect from American citizens or the rest of the world.  I also believe we will finally get a budget and see a light at the end of this economic nightmare.  We do not seem to have a plan right now, just spend and hope, spend and try something different, spend and spin, it just is not working.  There are so many questionable things about this administration, I am sure not everything that comes out is true, but if even 1/4 is, it is too much, a Romney administration will be one of respect, action and solutions.

Three weeks ago, I had no hope that Romney would actually be elected, now I have a small hope that he might.  We had dinner over the weekend with a business contact from out of town, he said he was undecided until the first debate and it nudged him towards Romney but then the VP debate pushed him over the line and will be voting Romney.  He is from VA so his vote counts. This guy is young, 34, and very socially liberal, he is just very worried about the economy, I think most people that understand business are worried.  This and the upswing in the polls and the general political talking heads makes me think that Romney has enough time to pull this out.  I never watch FOX, I prefer to watch a channel that I do not agree with so I will go out and find the right answers and decide for myself. 

shimamab
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Romney campaign files federal suit to ensure all military ballots count in Wisconsin

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s campaign has filed a federal lawsuit in Wisconsin to extend the amount of time military and overseas absentee ballots can be returned.

The federal suit came on the heels a campaign request to the state’s Government Accountability Board to extend the deadline after at least 30 Wisconsin municipalities failed to send overseas ballots 45 days before the election, which is required under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voter Act (UOCAVA). The campaign proceeded with the suit against GAB after their initial request was denied.

“Because members of the military are often stationed in remote, dangerous, frontline locations, there is a substantial likelihood that the defendants’ violations of law will prevent military voters from receiving, completing, and returning their ballots in time to have them counted,” the lawsuit filed Friday reads. “The defendants’ unlawful conduct therefore may effectively disenfranchise the very men and women who make daily sacrifices to protect our system of democratic government.”The campaign is requesting that the court grant at least five additional days, beyond the Nov. 9 deadline, for those ballots to be returned. The suit is part of a larger push on the part of the Romney campaign to ensure that all military ballots are counted.

Romney spokesman Ryan Williams told The Daily Caller that the campaign is monitoring the military ballot process across the country, not just in swing states. The campaign has also sent letters regarding potential UOCAVA violations to officials in Mississippi, Michigan, New Jersey, Alabama, and Vermont.

“Governor Romney believes that our fighting men and women overseas deserve the full voting period that is required under federal law,” Williams said. “It is unacceptable for government bureaucrats to drop the ball and deny them what is required by law.”

The Department of Justice filed suit against Vermont last week for failing to send out ballots on time.

Williams said that Wisconsin has been a “serial offender” when it comes to ensuring overseas personnel receive their ballots on time, noting that this is the third time in two years that the state has had issues with military ballots.

GAB downplayed the issue at the beginning of October, telling the Huffington Post that out of 4,288 military and overseas ballots sent from Wisconsin, only 44 ballots were sent out late.

According to Williams, however, the GAB’s excuse was “unacceptable.”

“Governor Romney believes that one military ballot sent out too late is one ballot too many,” he said. “We’re taking action, sending letters and looking at potential legal action elsewhere and Wisconsin had replied to us saying they were not going to extend the deadline and that is why we acted.”

GAB public information officer Reid Magney said that they have been working to fix the issue, and now claims that only four of the ballots went out late.

“The Government Accountability Board has been working diligently with municipal clerks, whose responsibility it is to send out absentee ballots, and with the U.S. Department of Justice on military and overseas ballot issues,” he said in a statement. “We will respond to the substance of the lawsuit in court filings. Only four ballots were sent out too late to have the required 45 days of transit time to reach the voter and be returned for counting.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/15/romney-campaign-files-federal-suit-to-ensure-all-military-ballots-count-in-wisconsin/#ixzz29PXWLNRy

State issue, not a federal conspiracy to cheat.

Quoting SallyMJ:

But we have to watch out for cheating by Democrats, who are insistent that they win, even if it is by crook. It is sad when you have to sue the federal government to send out  absentee ballots to 92% of the miitary.

Quoting broncfan:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM

OK, state - but why under Obama have only 8% of the number of absentee ballots gone out? That never happened under Bush or Clinton.

Quoting shimamab:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting broncfan:

shimamab
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Ballot REQUESTS are down. Can't send what's not requested. Not a sending problem. And no one is being sued over it...they're trying to figure out why more requests haven't been made. 

Quoting SallyMJ:

OK, state - but why under Obama have only 8% of the number of absentee ballots gone out? That never happened under Bush or Clinton.

Quoting shimamab:

Romney campaign files federal suit to ensure all military ballots count in Wisconsin

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s campaign has filed a federal lawsuit in Wisconsin to extend the amount of time military and overseas absentee ballots can be returned.

The federal suit came on the heels a campaign request to the state’s Government Accountability Board to extend the deadline after at least 30 Wisconsin municipalities failed to send overseas ballots 45 days before the election, which is required under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voter Act (UOCAVA). The campaign proceeded with the suit against GAB after their initial request was denied.

“Because members of the military are often stationed in remote, dangerous, frontline locations, there is a substantial likelihood that the defendants’ violations of law will prevent military voters from receiving, completing, and returning their ballots in time to have them counted,” the lawsuit filed Friday reads. “The defendants’ unlawful conduct therefore may effectively disenfranchise the very men and women who make daily sacrifices to protect our system of democratic government.”The campaign is requesting that the court grant at least five additional days, beyond the Nov. 9 deadline, for those ballots to be returned. The suit is part of a larger push on the part of the Romney campaign to ensure that all military ballots are counted.

Romney spokesman Ryan Williams told The Daily Caller that the campaign is monitoring the military ballot process across the country, not just in swing states. The campaign has also sent letters regarding potential UOCAVA violations to officials in Mississippi, Michigan, New Jersey, Alabama, and Vermont.

“Governor Romney believes that our fighting men and women overseas deserve the full voting period that is required under federal law,” Williams said. “It is unacceptable for government bureaucrats to drop the ball and deny them what is required by law.”

The Department of Justice filed suit against Vermont last week for failing to send out ballots on time.

Williams said that Wisconsin has been a “serial offender” when it comes to ensuring overseas personnel receive their ballots on time, noting that this is the third time in two years that the state has had issues with military ballots.

GAB downplayed the issue at the beginning of October, telling the Huffington Post that out of 4,288 military and overseas ballots sent from Wisconsin, only 44 ballots were sent out late.

According to Williams, however, the GAB’s excuse was “unacceptable.”

“Governor Romney believes that one military ballot sent out too late is one ballot too many,” he said. “We’re taking action, sending letters and looking at potential legal action elsewhere and Wisconsin had replied to us saying they were not going to extend the deadline and that is why we acted.”

GAB public information officer Reid Magney said that they have been working to fix the issue, and now claims that only four of the ballots went out late.

“The Government Accountability Board has been working diligently with municipal clerks, whose responsibility it is to send out absentee ballots, and with the U.S. Department of Justice on military and overseas ballot issues,” he said in a statement. “We will respond to the substance of the lawsuit in court filings. Only four ballots were sent out too late to have the required 45 days of transit time to reach the voter and be returned for counting.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/15/romney-campaign-files-federal-suit-to-ensure-all-military-ballots-count-in-wisconsin/#ixzz29PXWLNRy

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting broncfan:

brandydesiree
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that if Romney wins our country will be on tract to recovery of the America our fore fathers envisioned. A country of wealth and opportunity. A country of free market and self reliance. A country of freedom. A country that doesn't back down when faced with conflict of our rights. A country that doesn't apologize for our freedom of speech and religion. A country who when faced with adversity, strives to resolve it with the best intentions of our country first, our friends second, and our enemies last. A country who doesn't lie to its citizens when they've failed us. A country who can be proud of our Flag, our National Anthem, our Pledge of Alligance, and who will stand up for our Constitution. A country that is prosperous and supports one's fundamental right to the pursuit of happiness.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:54 AM

clapping

Quoting brandydesiree:

I think that if Romney wins our country will be on tract to recovery of the America our fore fathers envisioned. A country of wealth and opportunity. A country of free market and self reliance. A country of freedom. A country that doesn't back down when faced with conflict of our rights. A country that doesn't apologize for our freedom of speech and religion. A country who when faced with adversity, strives to resolve it with the best intentions of our country first, our friends second, and our enemies last. A country who doesn't lie to its citizens when they've failed us. A country who can be proud of our Flag, our National Anthem, our Pledge of Allegiance, and who will stand up for our Constitution. A country that is prosperous and supports one's fundamental right to the pursuit of happiness.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

So you really believe that the number of military who want to vote (who just so happen to vote Republican by a 40 point margin) would drop 90% in 4 yrs to a drastic low never seen in history? Sounds like you may need a tutorial on the words "incredulous" and "disenfranchisement".

By the way, 44 votes in a small BATTLEGROUND state is not an insignificant number. I thought Democrats believed that "every vote counts". Except the military and Republicans voting Republicans, it seems. But fraudulent voting for Democrat candidates by dead people, felons, and multiple voting - hey, why not? The most honest, transparent government in history indeed. 

Quoting shimamab:

Ballot REQUESTS are down. Can't send what's not requested. Not a sending problem. And no one is being sued over it...they're trying to figure out why more requests haven't been made. 

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting shimamab:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting broncfan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)