Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Video of Ryan Pretending To Wash Dishes At A Closed Soup Kitchen

Posted by   + Show Post

Ryan and his family decided to stop by soup kitchen that was closing and decided to wash already clean pots and pans????

Wow...confused

What a hell of a guy.........how thoughtful!!

http://pets.americablog.com/2012/10/paul-ryan-photo-opp-was-fake-head-of-soup-kitchen-charges.html

~Tia

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
TurboMom81
Love seeing all my hard work and efforts come to fruition.
Today at 10:09 AM
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM

That female staffer was worker at the shelter who had no dealings in how it was run.  It's like a Waitress shaking hands with a celebrity who stops in the resteraunt. She was starstruck.

The owner on the other hand NOT PLEASED at all, the "visit" has caused him nothing but grief and could cause him to lose a lot of his private funding.  Something most Republicans fail to see.

Quoting imamomzilla:

OH THE HORROR!

Quoting TurboMom81:

Upon entering the soup kitchen, Ryan, his wife and three young children greeted and thanked several volunteers, then donned white aprons and offered to clean some dishes. Photographers snapped photos and TV cameras shot footage of Ryan and his family washing pots and pans that did not appear to be dirty.

According to a Romney aide not authorized to speak publicly about the event, the campaign followed its usual protocol for impromptu, on-the-road stops by candidates: A staffer was dispatched to the St. Vincent De Paul Society ahead of Ryan’s visit Saturday morning and spoke with a woman in charge on site, who said that it would be fine for the congressman to stop by. The campaign did not contact Antal ahead of the visit.

The woman on site told the Romney staffer that some of the volunteers had already left, but that most were happy to remain until Ryan arrived, according to the aide. After Ryan left the soup kitchen, the woman approached a campaign staffer and expressed gratitude for Ryan’s visit, the aide said.

Chris Maloney, Ohio communications director for the Romney campaign, said that the visit by Ryan had been intended to highlight the work of the soup kitchen volunteers.

“Our campaign and Congressman Ryan were pleased to bring attention to the meaningful charitable contributions the St. Vincent De Paul Society makes to people in need,” Maloney said.

Antal, a self-described independent voter, said that he “can’t fault my volunteers” for letting the campaign in but said that the campaign  “didn’t go through the proper channels.”

He noted that the soup kitchen relies on funding from private individuals who might reconsider their support if it appears that the charity is favoring one political candidate over another.

“I can’t afford to lose funding from these private individuals,” he said. “If this was the Democrats, I’d have the same exact problem.”

He added that the incident had caused him “all kinds of grief” and that regardless of whether Ryan had intended to serve food to patrons or wash dishes, he would not have allowed the visit to take place. 

“Had they asked for permission, it wouldn’t have been granted. … But I certainly wouldn’t have let him wash clean pans, and then take a picture,” Antal said.

Quoting imamomzilla:

That was nice of him. What's the problem? Someone has to wash the dishes and that typically happens after people eat.

Remember this photo op?

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Rude? Romney was articulate and concise.

People remember how poorly Obama did. He fumbled and mumbled.

Clearly, he was out of his league. I can't wait to watch the encore tonight....I hope he had Biden coaching him. ;-) hehehe

Quoting fallnangel3:

And how Romney was rude and changing his stance on issues during the first debate will what others are thinking about

Quoting imamomzilla:

Debates come and go...no matter what happens, win or lose...people will forget the details...but the way Biden the Clown acted will be etched in a lot of people's minds when they go to the polls.

Quoting tnmomofive:

Biden gave him a beat down? Really? If thats how you wish to see it then ok LMAO!

fallnangel3
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this
We must have been watching different debates. I found Romney rude the first debate. Not to mention I could never vote for someone who says the oposite of what his website says he stands for. Lieing to the American people like he did was completely uncalled for

Quoting imamomzilla:

Clearly, he was out of his league. I can't wait to watch the encore tonight....I hope he had Biden coaching him. ;-) hehehe

Quoting fallnangel3:

And how Romney was rude and changing his stance on issues during the first debate will what others are thinking about

Quoting imamomzilla:

Debates come and go...no matter what happens, win or lose...people will forget the details...but the way Biden the Clown acted will be etched in a lot of people's minds when they go to the polls.

Quoting tnmomofive:

Biden gave him a beat down? Really? If thats how you wish to see it then ok LMAO!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:52 AM

He wasn't the owner and states the reason:

He noted that the soup kitchen relies on funding from private individuals who might reconsider their support if it appears that the charity is favoring one political candidate over another.

“I can’t afford to lose funding from these private individuals,” he said. “If this was the Democrats, I’d have the same exact problem.”

I believe the way y'all are trying to spin this, will cause more "grief". Republicans are typically more generous with charities.

Quoting TurboMom81:

That female staffer was worker at the shelter who had no dealings in how it was run.  It's like a Waitress shaking hands with a celebrity who stops in the resteraunt. She was starstruck.

The owner on the other hand NOT PLEASED at all, the "visit" has caused him nothing but grief and could cause him to lose a lot of his private funding.  Something most Republicans fail to see.

Quoting imamomzilla:

OH THE HORROR!

Quoting TurboMom81:

Upon entering the soup kitchen, Ryan, his wife and three young children greeted and thanked several volunteers, then donned white aprons and offered to clean some dishes. Photographers snapped photos and TV cameras shot footage of Ryan and his family washing pots and pans that did not appear to be dirty.

According to a Romney aide not authorized to speak publicly about the event, the campaign followed its usual protocol for impromptu, on-the-road stops by candidates: A staffer was dispatched to the St. Vincent De Paul Society ahead of Ryan’s visit Saturday morning and spoke with a woman in charge on site, who said that it would be fine for the congressman to stop by. The campaign did not contact Antal ahead of the visit.

The woman on site told the Romney staffer that some of the volunteers had already left, but that most were happy to remain until Ryan arrived, according to the aide. After Ryan left the soup kitchen, the woman approached a campaign staffer and expressed gratitude for Ryan’s visit, the aide said.

Chris Maloney, Ohio communications director for the Romney campaign, said that the visit by Ryan had been intended to highlight the work of the soup kitchen volunteers.

“Our campaign and Congressman Ryan were pleased to bring attention to the meaningful charitable contributions the St. Vincent De Paul Society makes to people in need,”Maloney said.

Antal, a self-described independent voter, said that he “can’t fault my volunteers” for letting the campaign in but said that the campaign  “didn’t go through the proper channels.”

He noted that the soup kitchen relies on funding from private individuals who might reconsider their support if it appears that the charity is favoring one political candidate over another.

“I can’t afford to lose funding from these private individuals,” he said. “If this was the Democrats, I’d have the same exact problem.”

He added that the incident had caused him “all kinds of grief” and that regardless of whether Ryan had intended to serve food to patrons or wash dishes, he would not have allowed the visit to take place. 

“Had they asked for permission, it wouldn’t have been granted. … But I certainly wouldn’t have let him wash clean pans, and then take a picture,” Antal said.

Quoting imamomzilla:

That was nice of him. What's the problem? Someone has to wash the dishes and that typically happens after people eat.

Remember this photo op?

TurboMom81
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

TurboMom81
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:54 AM

You must be viewing the wrong website.

Please tell me what he lied about. Be specific.

Quoting fallnangel3:

We must have been watching different debates. I found Romney rude the first debate. Not to mention I could never vote for someone who says the oposite of what his website says he stands for. Lieing to the American people like he did was completely uncalled for

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting fallnangel3:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting tnmomofive:

TurboMom81
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I never said anything about it being okay for Demacrats to stop by. Unlike some people I READ the full article. The man wants NO political affliation what so ever!  He may not be the "owner" but he runs the place and keeps the books and knows how badly this political PR STUNT could hurt the kitchen.   I doubt Romney's campaign will send a card saying "Sorry we screwed you over, here's $2 million to help the damage we may have caused."    

Quoting imamomzilla:

He noted that the soup kitchen relies on funding from private individuals who might reconsider their support if it appears that the charity is favoring one political candidate over another.

“I can’t afford to lose funding from these private individuals,” he said. “If this was the Democrats, I’d have the same exact problem.”

I believe the way y'all are trying to spin this, will cause more "grief". Republicans are typically more generous with charities.

Quoting TurboMom81:

Quoting imamomzilla:

OH THE HORROR!

Quoting TurboMom81:

“Our campaign and Congressman Ryan were pleased to bring attention to the meaningful charitable contributions the St. Vincent De Paul Society makes to people in need,”Maloney said.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Remember this photo op?

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Haha. Way to back-peddle.

Oh, and the President of a charity doesn't "keep the books".

I'm taking it you've never been involved in a charity?

If anything this "stunt" highlights how petty the Obama voters are.

Zzzzzzz

Quoting TurboMom81:

I never said anything about it being okay for Demacrats to stop by. Unlike some people I READ the full article. The man wants NO political affliation what so ever!  He may not be the "owner" but he runs the place and keeps the books and knows how badly this political PR STUNT could hurt the kitchen.   I doubt Romney's campaign will send a card saying "Sorry we screwed you over, here's $2 million to help the damage we may have caused."    

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting TurboMom81:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Remember this photo op?

fallnangel3
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM
On his website he says a 20% scross the board cut in taxes, during the debate he said he never said he'd cut the top 1% of americans taxes. His "6 studies" on his tax plan, 2 of them are blog posts. He said that people with preexisting conditions are covered under his health plan, unless they have been covered till this point they are not. Go and read the actual mitt romney website, his campaign site ran by his campaign. Then watch the debate. The amount of flip flopping on his issues is disturbing

Quoting imamomzilla:

You must be viewing the wrong website.

Please tell me what he lied about. Be specific.

Quoting fallnangel3:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting fallnangel3:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting tnmomofive:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)