Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Finally!! For all the details on Mitt Romney's $5 trillion tax plan

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

For a detailed explanation of how the Romney/Ryan tax plan is able to cut taxes by $5 trillion without raising taxes on the middle class or exploding the deficit, simply click the button below [at the link]:

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SlightlyPerfect
Today at 7:59 AM
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:36 PM

What's interesting about the Romney-Ryan ticket is Romney's business background. What one needs in business to succeed is not the same as what one needs in politics to succeed. The term success is defined so differently in each paradigm.

From my understanding of Romney and Ryan, their tax plan is based on their business experience and  involves, what they call, "true" bi-partisanship. This means the details of the plan cannot be hashed out until they can obtain bi-partisanship, and they can't have that until they're elected. I'm sure we'll see (maybe parts of) a plan unveiled tonight or later this week--let's say it'll be a draft--but I can't say for sure it'll be something anyone's really happy with.

In business, when you have a problem--let's say profits are down--you get a group of the smartest people you can together whose specialties match your in-theory solution, and you work to solve the problem together. (This is how Romney has worked in the past.) You exchange ideas. You become what the situation calls for. Sure, you maintain your core values, but when you're working with a crisis, you have to change as needs dictate. In politics, you can't let need dictate your actions because then you're portrayed as a "flip-flopper," and you can't get the smartest people together; you get an exchange of favors instead. Sure, you can call economists and business leaders together, but what matters are the people in Congress. You have to get through them to get anything done.

The level of corrosiveness in Congress (and politics in general) is something we don't see as often in the business world because the free market is designed to tank such an enterprise. Businesses that are sustained, in part, with favors in place of ideas often have strong political ties.

This is what Obama was up against in 2008 and just didn't know it. He really wanted bi-partisanship. He's acted like a communication bridge his whole life, especially on the Harvard Law Review, and he wanted that to continue into the presidency. Then reality smacked him in the face, and he worked against his experience to pass Obama Care. My concern is that, if Romney were to win, his experience would be much the same.

Even President Obama recently said we can't change Washington from the inside. I mean, that's a pretty powerful revelation he let slip. I'm surprised it got such little media attention.

slightlyperfect

rccmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Lol, that was cute!

brandydesiree
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM

LOL...that was cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)