Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Who WON the 2nd Presidential debate? **Poll**

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who do you think won the 2nd Presidential debate?

Options:

Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 495

View Results

What did you think of the debate? Who do you think won?
Share your thoughts in the replies below.

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Replies (471-480):
imamomzilla
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm saving this just in case you decide to delete your ugliness....

Quoting AdellesMom:

See, you just made a personal attack. ~

Is that all you have? LOL You always tell me to "grow up" after I call you on your BS. It's entertaining.

Look in the mirror hun. As a matter of fact, you should act more like the Jesus you say that you love and worship. :-) I hope your e-persona is different from your real life persona. Then again, what's done in the dark must come into the light.sun At least, that's what the bible says.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Grow up.

That is all.

Quoting AdellesMom:

It's apparent that the sarcasm went directly over your head even when the sarcasm symbol was used. Interesting.

A reasonable observation is a lot different than a personal attack. If she had stayed on topic, and hasn't let illogical tripe spew from her mouth, my reasonable observation would be much different, even though we disagree on many things.

Anyhow, you have no room to chastise anyone for making personal attacks. Haha

Quoting imamomzilla:

Oh, the irony....

Quoting AdellesMom:

Yes. You am your cronies have some serious issues. They can't even respond to threads with facts, only misconstrued personal opinions that aren't based on facts as well as personal attacks.

Typical republican! ~

tsk tsk

Quoting AdellesMom:

You're a special kind of batshit crazy.

You need help. I feel bad for anyone that has to deal with you on a day to day basis. I hope to Venus that you aren't like this in real life. Oh my word.

Quoting sheepinarowboat:

Awwww...thank you darlin'.  God bless your heart.  No problem. Whenever you need my help working through these issues again.  You let me know.  ;)  No need to thank me.

Quoting AdellesMom:

*You're

What the hell are you babbling about? I didn't say anything about contests, or getting your eyes checked. But, now that you've mentioned it, you may want to get your eyes checked.

I haven't complimented you once--there's nothing to compliment. You clearly are not the brightest bulb in the bunch, let alone the sanest.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". ~Ronald Reagan

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Oh, when I look in the mirror, I see nothing but radiating beauty. ;-)

I haven't stated anything even remotly "ugly." But, I am not a coward. I never delete my comments.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

See, you just made a personal attack. ~

Is that all you have? LOL You always tell me to "grow up" after I call you on your BS. It's entertaining.

Look in the mirror hun. As a matter of fact, you should act more like the Jesus you say that you love and worship. :-) I hope your e-persona is different from your real life persona. Then again, what's done in the dark must come into the light.sun At least, that's what the bible says.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Grow up.

That is all.

Quoting AdellesMom:

It's apparent that the sarcasm went directly over your head even when the sarcasm symbol was used. Interesting.

A reasonable observation is a lot different than a personal attack. If she had stayed on topic, and hasn't let illogical tripe spew from her mouth, my reasonable observation would be much different, even though we disagree on many things.

Anyhow, you have no room to chastise anyone for making personal attacks. Haha

Quoting imamomzilla:

Oh, the irony....

Quoting AdellesMom:

Yes. You am your cronies have some serious issues. They can't even respond to threads with facts, only misconstrued personal opinions that aren't based on facts as well as personal attacks.

Typical republican! ~

tsk tsk

Quoting AdellesMom:

You're a special kind of batshit crazy.

You need help. I feel bad for anyone that has to deal with you on a day to day basis. I hope to Venus that you aren't like this in real life. Oh my word.

Quoting sheepinarowboat:

Awwww...thank you darlin'.  God bless your heart.  No problem. Whenever you need my help working through these issues again.  You let me know.  ;)  No need to thank me.

Quoting AdellesMom:

*You're

What the hell are you babbling about? I didn't say anything about contests, or getting your eyes checked. But, now that you've mentioned it, you may want to get your eyes checked.

I haven't complimented you once--there's nothing to compliment. You clearly are not the brightest bulb in the bunch, let alone the sanest.

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Well, at least you're modest.

I do believe that is the sort of "pride" that the Bible warns of. You might want to open one...just to be sure. ;-)

Quoting AdellesMom:

I haven't stated anything even remotly "ugly." But, I am not a coward. I never delete my comments.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". ~Ronald Reagan

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I'm not a Christian. The bible doesn't apply to me. :-)

Quoting imamomzilla:

I do believe that is the sort of "pride" that the Bible warns of. You might want to open one...just to be sure. ;-)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Well then, you have no authority to judge those who are. See how that works?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM

That is untrue.

I was raised in a stric Christian home, and I was a Christian for many years. I have also taken the liberty of reading the Bible cover to cover on multiple occasions, cross-referencing, and taking part in just about any Bible study I could find.

I am no "Bible Scholar," and I am definitely not an "expert." However, my knowledge is great when it comes to Christianity.

I also know a hypocrite when I see one. ~

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

imamomzilla
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Yea, I'll bet you see one every time you look in the mirror!

wink mini

Quoting AdellesMom:

That is untrue.

I was raised in a stric Christian home, and I was a Christian for many years. I have also taken the liberty of reading the Bible cover to cover on multiple occasions, cross-referencing, and taking part in just about any Bible study I could find.

I am no "Bible Scholar," and I am definitely not an "expert." However, my knowledge is great when it comes to Christianity.

I also know a hypocrite when I see one. ~

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting AdellesMom:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

-Eleanor Roosevelt-

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
You have to spent money to make money, applies to business, NOT to government. Your post is a massive fail.

Quoting FranniesBunch:

I think President Obama did a Fantastic Job !! Mitt and all that stuttering he did was just more proof to me that all he was doing was Lying ! I've been waiting since the last debate to hear one Clear ,right to the point answer from Romney and guess what I'm still waiting . I'm Darn Proud of our President !!! I'm seriously tired of hearing about the debt , guess what ppl you have to spend money to make money . It didn't take 4 yrs to get us here in this debt so why do folks think our President should snap a finger and its fixed , Wake up !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM
You said it all right there. Small business is being crushed in this country by government. I know it first hand.
Quoting pvtjokerus:

Here is a recap of his plan.  Has for implementation you are not going to hear that on a debate....

Part one of Mitt’s plan is to achieve energy independence on this continent by 2020. America is blessed with extraordinary natural resources, and developing them will create millions of good jobs – not only in the energy industry, but also in industries like manufacturing that will benefit from more energy at lower prices. America’s economy will boom when the billions of dollars we send overseas for our oil are kept here at home instead.

Part two of the plan is trade that works for America. Mitt believes that trade can offer enormous opportunities for American businesses and workers, but only if they are given a level playing field on which they can compete and win. That is why he will work to open new markets for American goods and services, while also confronting nations like China that cheat on trade and steal American jobs.

Part three is to provide Americans with the skills to succeed through better public schools, better access to higher education, and better retraining programs that help to match unemployed workers with real-world job opportunities.

Part four is to cut the deficit, reducing the size of government and getting the national debt under control so that America remains a place where businesses want to open up shop and hire.

Finally, part five of Mitt’s plan is to champion small business. Small businesses are the engine of job creation in this country, but they will struggle to succeed if taxes and regulations are too burdensome or if a government in Washington does its best to stifle them. Mitt will pursue comprehensive tax reform that lowers tax rates for all Americans, and he will cut back on the red tape that drives up costs and discourages hiring.

This election presents a clear choice, and an important one: Will America once again be the best place in the world to start a business, hire a worker, or find a job? Or will it continue down the path that President Obama’s borrowing and taxing and spending has led? America is still waiting for its economic recovery and, as president, Mitt Romney will deliver it.

Quoting duets:

I watched the debate twice last evening.  Oddly I didn't hear any substance of Romney's so called 5 point plan.  He spoke of having a 5 point plan; but honestly what is it & how will it be implemented ??????   

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Romney won on substance and presenting his plan for the future.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM
You are correct. adelle should be eating her words about now.

Quoting DSamuels:

No, that is a FACT that has come out in the last 24 hours. The CIA sent a cable detailing the fact that the were no protests of any kind in Benghazi that night, there were a couple of attacks with heavy weapons (RPGS and mortars) and it was in fact a militant attack.

--------------------

The CIA station chief in Libya reported to Washington within 24 hours of last month’s deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate that there was evidence it was carried out by militants, not a spontaneous mob upset about an American-made video ridiculing Islam’s Prophet Muhammad, U.S. officials have told The Associated Press.

It is unclear who, if anyone, saw the cable outside the CIA at that point and how high up in the agency the information went. The Obama administration maintained publicly for a week that the attack on the diplomatic mission in Benghazi that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans was a result of the mobs that staged less-deadly protests across the Muslim world around the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks on the U.S.

The AP wonders whether anyone read the CIA cable with this information. Let’s parse that out for just a moment. We suffered the death of a US Ambassador and three other Americans in the sacking of a consulate in a key area of the world. Wouldn’t one of the first items to check be information from the CIA’s station in the area? Given the fact that this came from the station chief and not just some lower-level scuttlebutt, either we can assume it got read immediately, or that the people running the show in Washington DC are so incompetent that it’s a wonder we have any diplomatic missions left at all.

The leak of this information is very interesting indeed, too. The defense from Barack Obama himself at the last presidential debate, as well as Susan Rice in the Wall Street Journal, is that the “spontaneous demonstration” story is what they were hearing from the intel community. This makes it very clear that their excuses are false, at least in large part, let alone the fact that State watched the attack unfold in real time and has video of the event, a fact revealed at the House Oversight Committee hearings last week. Unlike Hillary Clinton, the intel community apparently has no intention of being scapegoated for the White House’s cover story. That’s a big, big problem for Barack Obama and his righteous indignation.

Quoting AdellesMom:

No...what you stated is a conspiracy theory, not fact.

Quoting DSamuels:

BS, the intell released a report to the State Dept, and presumably the WH within 24 hours saying it was a pre-planned attack. That is a FACT. It was Obama that made the flub and expected the intelligence groups and State Dept take the rap. Thay refused to cover for him.
Quoting AdellesMom:

More deflection...

I'm not pulling an "Obama" on you.

You failed to answer my question. What do you think an act of terror is?

Obama released information as he was given information. The intelligence community made a flub and Obama had to take the rap for it.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

lololol.... You can't pull an "Obama" on me.  Obama had the chance during this Rose Garden comments to say what it was.  Why do you think "he" allowed his UN Ambo to go on 4-6 shows within five days and tell everyone that the attacks were due to a video?  Why do you think that he spoke at the UN and talked about the video.  When asked about on the View....what did he say?  Come on, you are smarter than this......

Quoting AdellesMom:

I did.

"No act of terror..."

A terrorist attack. What do you think an act of terror is?

My goodness. The anti-Obama camp will never give Obama any credit. Good grief.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

No ----he---- did----- not.  He did not say that was a terrorist attack.  He spun his words.  Look at the phrase that he used.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Ahhhh...deflection.

Obama didn't lie about Libya. He called the attack a terroist attack the day after in the Rose Garden.

Romney got called on it too.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

lolol....We did.  Read the last part of the transcript. He freakin' lied.  Also, why is it that he went to the UN and mentioned the video 6 times during his speech?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Obama didn't lie about Libya.

Read the transcripts.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

True but he did not have much substance.  He spun and did not offer much.  He's a man of many words but not much on the action side of the house. Romney has the experience and the record to back his success.   Obama lied tonight about Libya...........

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

I agree.  Obama was definitely more on his game tonight though.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Romney won on substance and presenting his plan for the future.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN